The hut of gl/doom: ttc with the emphasis on trying!

(976 Posts)
delilahbelle Thu 06-Sep-12 13:34:03

A supportive and slightly fluffy thread for those dealing with the issues of ttc longterm, whether with assisted fertility or not.

Mands81 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:32:26

OMG!!!!! Surgery's been cancelled. Got a BFP!!!!!!!!! Done 5 tests so far... We're freaking out!!!!! blushgrinsmile X

pinkapples Fri 18-Jan-13 17:06:16

Wow mands that's amazing

pinkapples Fri 18-Jan-13 17:12:48

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you! Fingers crossed everything is ok what happens now?

I'm freezing just been out with the dogs in the snow grin

Scan on Wednesday panicking a bit but fingers crossed

Mands81 Fri 18-Jan-13 17:35:39

Got a midwife appointment in a couple of weeks. Shocked is not the word. We were all geared up for hospital today then something made me do a test and it was BFP straightaway. Done 6 now! I've read it can happen when you're booked in for a procedure etc but never ever ever did I think that would be me. I must have ovulated randomly, have had cramps etc past few weeks but thought that was my cyst!! I'm ridiculously worried and scared to be honest...
Hope everyone's staying safe in the snow and everyone's ok x

pinkapples Fri 18-Jan-13 18:20:53

That is amazing grin so happy for you ! I'm sure you'll be fine will you have to wait for a 12 week scan or will you get an early one?

waitingtobeamummy Fri 18-Jan-13 19:34:19

mands I am sitting here crying for you. Amazing news! What made you test? What did the hospital say? So so happy for you x

Mands81 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:09:11

Thank you!! smile
The past week I have felt 'different' - really sore boobs plus cramping which I don't usually get. Also a little dizzy at times. To think this time yesterday I was so worried about the surgery today and now we've got 6 positive tests... I hope it's a miracle that continues without any drama. I'm so aware things can go wrong and it petrifies us. We're truly still in shock!! The hospital contacted my consultant and they said they cancelled the surgery, you are pregnant, contact your GP! So midwife appt 7 Feb. We have no idea how far along we are, today is CD 55?!?! Clearblue said 3weeks+...I'm trying to stay grounded....
Hope you're all ok x

Mands81 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:10:37

Ps really hoping for an early scan. Pretty surprised they didn't want me to go to the clinic we've been attending. It'd feel more real if a doctor told us too!! x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 18-Jan-13 21:50:54

Wonderful news mands! grin I would push for an early scan because you'll struggle to date your pregnancy without it! Really happy for you.

Devilforasideboard Mon 21-Jan-13 11:38:54

Amazing news Mands! grin grin Congratulations! I think I was 5 weeks when I got 3+ on a digi. Fingers crossed you'll get an early scan to see how far along you are.

delilahbelle Mon 21-Jan-13 14:01:51

Great news mands a BFP always makes the hut a happier place.

I'm having embryo transfer this Friday. No info yet in the number of embryos /quality, but that's because my donor will be having EC this week. My lining today was about 6-7mm, they seem happy with that. DH booking our tickets tonight.

Scared and stressed now in case it doesn't work. Test day should be 8th February

We've been TTC for 7 years! I think that makes us long term. sad I've had all the Clomid I can have in a lifetime, and apparently I now ovulate on my own anyway, and my DH's is fine, so it's a case of un-explained infertility.

We do have a daughter who is nearly 8, but would love a little brother or sister for her. She is soooo sociable and doesn't really suit being an only child. We are thinking of IVF as that and IUI are our only options. All looks a bit bleek at the moment.

Mands81 Mon 21-Jan-13 16:48:59

Thank you everyone. Still in shock!!
Got an early scan 2 weeks today smile
Hope you're all ok x

pinkapples Mon 21-Jan-13 19:30:46

Woohoo mands fingers crossed alls ok gringrin

You'll be fine Delilah let us know what happens will they tell the the quality/number before you get there? Or will you have to wait till your there

wishfull31 Mon 21-Jan-13 22:26:50

congrats mands!! smile

delilahbelle Tue 22-Jan-13 19:11:01

Does anyone else get the guilt about taking time off work for doctors appointments/procedures etc? It's not helped by the fact I've not told work about this appointment this time, so I feel I will be dropping them in it. Bit I can face another discussion of my faulty female bits with my Middle Ages male boss!

delilahbelle Tue 22-Jan-13 19:13:35

Opps, damn phone. Should read 'but I can't'.

pinkapples Tue 22-Jan-13 21:20:45

Oh no Delilah that's awful what is it you do? I don't feel guilty but then I work with family and when I'm there I'm working hard so a couple of hours for an appointment is fine I can't understand how you must feel tho x

Scan tomorrow so so scared sad fingers crossed everything is ok and we get to know what flavour we've got then I can order wallpaper for the nursery hehe kinda hope its a boy as we've seen a beautiful jungle mural I guess a girl could have it to but it is a bit more boyish hehe

Mands81 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:01:46

Good luck pink!! thanks x

pinkapples Wed 23-Jan-13 16:57:15

75% team pink gringrin so think that's quite good odds they can never be 100% I don't think so happy faces and hubby is very happy

delilahbelle Wed 23-Jan-13 18:06:36

Congrats pink now time to get shopping and decorating that nursery grin

I have come down with a cold and feel a bit rough - I'm now worried that it may affect ET on Friday, although the clinic said not. I'm allowed to take paracetamol and otherwise need hot drinks and rest. Traveling halfway across Europe tomorrow will be fun. Ironic given I was feeling guilty for calling in sick tomorrow, now I actually am sick.

pinkapples Wed 23-Jan-13 19:10:48

Woohoo Delilah good luck I'm sure all will be good and everything will go smoothly have a nice enjoyable flight x

Devilforasideboard Thu 24-Jan-13 15:41:15

I saw some gorgeous girl's clothes in Tesco yesterday Pink. Still haven't decided if we're going to find out.

Hi meummyloveslucy. Welcome to the hut, you'll get plenty of support in here.

pinkapples Thu 24-Jan-13 16:39:23

Awww devil on the antenatal thread im on everyone's having boys I feel a bit left out grin going to pay for a private scan though as I want to know for definite (scanner said only about 75% sure) and also I want to see baby again hehe thinking about 28 weeks hehe when's your next scan devil? Awaiting news Delilah hope alls ok?
Welcome to newbies (sorry on phone and don't know names) as devil said the hut has got me through some rough times an I'm sure it will again when I decide to do it again (have 6 frosties)

delilahbelle Thu 24-Jan-13 20:10:53

Hey all, on phone on hotel wifi smile
Arrived safely in Spain, chilling at hotel now. Had a hot bath and am planning an early night.
Lie in tomorrow, breakfast at the hotel then off to the clinic. The next time I post I will hopefully be PUPO. We are going for a dual ET if possible, they will transfer up to 3 but that's too much of a risk for me.

Please please keep everything crossed for me, and I'll write a proper catch up when I am back in Blighty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now