Madeleine McCann info shown before Shrek, anyone else cross about this?

(1008 Posts)
WideWebWitch Sun 01-Jul-07 20:00:11

I was. I have chosen NOT to tell my nearly 4yo about this. I haven't discussed it in detail with 9yo ds either I CHOOSE not to put the news on in our house. I really resent this being shoved at my children before a U cert movie. Completely inappropriate imo.

bundlecod Wed 04-Jul-07 13:23:51

thud

ELF1981 Wed 04-Jul-07 13:11:49

I would love to be 1000, just to be special

maisemor Wed 04-Jul-07 12:55:12

So who is going to be no. 1000, any bets?

maisemor Wed 04-Jul-07 12:54:26

Danish trolls are much prettier than any other trolls. No spray works on them, only kissies and cuddles

slim22 Wed 04-Jul-07 12:49:17

shrek as cool as ever

psweudonym Wed 04-Jul-07 12:38:32

So, what was Shrek 3 like? Worth seeing?

Mrbatters Wed 04-Jul-07 12:36:47

<<batters joins in the headbanging just to get the thread up to 1000 messages>>

kookaburra Wed 04-Jul-07 12:26:34

Maybe I've missd something - but is there evidence that she actauly was snatched from her bed rather than the more likely scnario of waking up scared and wandering out to look for her mum & dad and being intercepted on the main road?
I can see that the 'snatched from her bed' scenario is the one the McCann's are pushing but has this been established as the truth yet??????? Presumably unless she and the perp are found no-one can know?

MamaMaiasaura Wed 04-Jul-07 12:03:47

I dont mind this thread soupy

SoupDragon Wed 04-Jul-07 12:02:58

"sorry, you not important to me, my daughter is."

So is it acceptable for me to say she is not important to me but my children are?

Chin up head-banging ladies, not many more posts til 1000 and this thread is locked down

MamaMaiasaura Wed 04-Jul-07 11:52:49

Does that mean we will get scandanvien trolls?? Do they look different and does the troll spray work on them too?

maisemor Wed 04-Jul-07 11:46:17

This thread has now made it to the Danish newspapers

JoolsToo Wed 04-Jul-07 11:46:05

reins are always an option but seldom used today

MamaMaiasaura Wed 04-Jul-07 11:44:39

PMSL!!!

LittleBoot Wed 04-Jul-07 11:34:36

DeJager, it's not your children's responsibility to not run off from you, it's your responsibility to try and ensure they don't run off from you. (And you won't always manage it, no technique is entirely perfect.)

There are various techniques. One is to bash your child if they run away. Another is to yell abusively at them and / or threaten to bash them. Yet another is to scare them by telling them that if they wander off, nasty men will take them away like they did that poor little girl in Portugal.

None of the techniques I've mentioned are considered good, responsible ones by civilised intelligent people. So excuse me if I pass on using any of them.

partlyqualifiedpaediatrician Wed 04-Jul-07 11:33:58

joins in headbanging too!! ffs

bundle Wed 04-Jul-07 11:33:22

this still going?

<<thunk>>

MamaMaiasaura Wed 04-Jul-07 11:30:31

[awen joins sandcastles and enid]

sandcastles Wed 04-Jul-07 11:26:46

[sandcastles joins Enid]

Enid Wed 04-Jul-07 10:55:58

[bangs head against brick wall]

NKF Wed 04-Jul-07 10:54:46

Dejager - you don't need an advert to teach your kids that lesson. And the snatched from bed message has no relevance to that situation.

Enid Wed 04-Jul-07 10:52:38

"I also want my kids to know that little girl is missing, perhaps they will think twice about running off while we out shopping or running ahead when we in a crowded place and giving me instant heart failaur. "

how selfish

DeJager Wed 04-Jul-07 10:51:10

I want my kids to know that not everything in life is peachy hunky dory.
Of course we don't tell them the real horror, but we don't keep it from them the fact that there are bad people out there who hurt other people.

I also want my kids to know that little girl is missing, perhaps they will think twice about running off while we out shopping or running ahead when we in a crowded place and giving me instant heart failaur.

Also, if that was your child missing, would you not want to try every possible means/way to find her, and that would include the advert at the movies.
Or just for the sake of offending other people...not use the chance...If that was me. I would use the chance...sorry, you not important to me, my daughter is.

I called odeon and told them well done and thank you. I think they did good to help, when they did not have to do this in the first place.

sandcastles Wed 04-Jul-07 10:06:56

To all those who said they tell their children & then say "it won't happen to you as mummy are daddy are in the house" think about this...

Here, not long ago a man crept in thru the back door of a house, at night. He proceeded to sexually abuse an 8 yr old. Her mum & a friend were in the lounge.

Should I tell my 3 yr old about this? No, just like I haven't told her about Madeleine, because I want her to have a child hood & not have to worry about a little girl who is missing.

Because I think my daughter would get upset about it & I'm not going to do that to my child.

ellis65 Wed 04-Jul-07 10:04:49

Tissy: I took kids to Odeon in Kilmarnock on Sat30th June and they definately showed it before Shrek movie,

This thread is not accepting new messages.