Oscar pistorius

(1000 Posts)
spiderbabymum Thu 14-Feb-13 07:11:10

Heard the news this am

I'm just Devastated for him and his family and partners family

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Fri 22-Feb-13 13:31:46

OK Mr Nair. Here's a towel. Use it to cover your arse, and then just say it. Please.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:31:41

FFS! Just give your decision! He can ramble on as much as he likes after he's given the decision surely?

Its live on telly with photographs going around on a loop, wow this is rather long winded, but I think hes getting bail, or not.

Andro Fri 22-Feb-13 13:30:29

He's in the media spotlight! He's dotting every i and crossing every t (real or imagined) in the hope that neither side can find grounds for appeal. I have to admit, he seems to be doing a world class ass covering job.

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Fri 22-Feb-13 13:30:20

Tide comes in, tide goes out, cities grow, empires rise and fall, new species evolve, the planet explodes...

And we still don't know if he's going to grant bail.

PuffPants Fri 22-Feb-13 13:29:46

Say it man!

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Fri 22-Feb-13 13:28:31

I think he's boring himself now.

BeCool Fri 22-Feb-13 13:28:22

is it on the telly? I thought not? Just an audio broadcast.

BeCool Fri 22-Feb-13 13:27:44

there are a lot of Sections being quoted .........

PuffPants Fri 22-Feb-13 13:26:52

Is he doing this because he's on the telly? Or does he run through this every time? Zzzzzz

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:25:00

FFS we are now getting a history lesson. Bail originated in 7th century England.

Andro Fri 22-Feb-13 13:24:28

On the other hand, the scene may have been interfered with by Oscar and his friends and family who were there before the police.

True. There was also the part where (I think it came out in court), the lead investigator tramped over the scene without protective attire - doesn't do much for the integrity of the evidence!

I'm listening to the magistrates review and I'm even more confused confused

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Fri 22-Feb-13 13:24:03

But let's have a quick history lesson on bail first

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:23:04

OMG, I think we are finally going to get a decision...

Blimey Bling, thats bad.

BlingBubbles Fri 22-Feb-13 13:18:17

Dreams, the police in SA are not like the police here, the majority of people in SA would call friends an family in a police emergency before calling the police as the police response time is so bad. In a home invasion you hit the panic button and your security will arrive ASAP, call the closest family and friends and then the SAP - dad but true in most cases!

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 22-Feb-13 13:17:18

I've just switched on the live BBC news thread, and I feel like I'm rubbernecking but can't look away.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:16:06

Is this magistrate going to hear the trial itself, or will that eventually go to another magistrate? I can't understand the need to go over every detail like this, all the statements he's considered have been lodged as evidence surely, and can be referred to at any point, if any aspect of is decision is challenged or scrutinised?

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:11:59

I think we could start and fill another thread before we find out the decision.

Was his friends and family there before the police!? wtf

sadeyedladyofthelowlandsase Fri 22-Feb-13 13:07:45

Tide comes in, tide goes out, cities grow, empires rise and fall...

And we still don't know if he's going to grant bail.

onlymeee Fri 22-Feb-13 13:07:15

"Should it be found that large chunks of the forensic evidence has been so badly handled as to be inadmissible it is highly likely that the premeditated murder charge will come to nothing"

On the other hand, the scene may have been interfered with by Oscar and his friends and family who were there before the police.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:07:01

Oops, spoke too soon, now we are going through the prosecution's statements.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Fri 22-Feb-13 13:05:49

I think from the reading of all these statements in support of OP, it's def leaning towards bail being granted.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 22-Feb-13 13:05:35

I think he will get bail

This thread is not accepting new messages.