Israel has bombed Syria

(58 Posts)
NicholasTeakozy Wed 30-Jan-13 19:32:20

According to Channel4 News either an aircraft or drone has 'hit a facility' in Syria. shock

Are they trying to start WW3?

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 30-Jan-13 19:34:59

sad People never learn!

Getting on this thread

Oh Jesus! Been in a news free zone today. Off to search for details

FabulousFreaks Wed 30-Jan-13 19:44:01

Not on bbc or cnn

FlipFlopFloss Wed 30-Jan-13 19:45:01

Cannot find any news reports if this confused

Gigondas Wed 30-Jan-13 19:46:04

On the ft

scaevola Wed 30-Jan-13 19:47:24

Do you mean this - which SKY has been reporting on during the day?

That's about a strike on a suspected weapons convoy, overnight last night. Has there been another?

NicholasTeakozy Wed 30-Jan-13 20:17:31

BBC have been watching C4 News.

It would be interesting if they had anti-aircraft missiles in Palestine. It'd make Israel think twice about bombing them.

bobthebuddha Wed 30-Jan-13 23:55:54

Oh, is this going to be an Israel-bashing thread? What fun. Let's see how much vitriol we can get from people who haven't so much as commented on the utter carnage being waged INSIDE Syria hmm. The picture on the Telegraph story is of a child killed in fighting in the civil strife. But I'm sure that won't stop people reposting on FB claiming it's 'The Jews' that did it. Because they never learn, right?

ripsishere Thu 31-Jan-13 00:03:14

sad and angry. I loathe war and conflict. I certainly won't bash Israel, but it is difficult to be objective.

bobthebuddha Thu 31-Jan-13 00:09:40

So do I. Even a half-hearted attempt at objectivity is better than hypocrisy however.

AppleOgies Thu 31-Jan-13 00:09:40

<hides thread immediately>

'Difficult to be objective'? What about? Israel bombing a military facility in Syria or Assad waging war on his own people and killing many civilians. And before anyone talks about Palestine. I'm commenting only on Israel and Syria.

We live in a truly f**ked up world where people do horrendous things to each other. It terrifies me it really does. To think all we have achieved as a species and yet......

Monty27 Thu 31-Jan-13 00:39:32

<uneducated>

What has Israel go to do with Syria?

I did say I'm uneducated sad

Monty27 Thu 31-Jan-13 00:40:04

I can normally spell got though blush

ripsishere Thu 31-Jan-13 01:16:32

Hard for me to be objective living in Malaysia. The majority of the news is very pro Palestinian due to this being a Muslim country and Israelis citizens being denied entry.

Sorry about the link but it was the only one that I could find. I didn't put it for any other reason or to 'bash' anyone.
For me it's just about how fragile the whole of the situation is and how it scares the shit out of me.

justasecond Thu 31-Jan-13 13:30:19

Bobthebuddha - what really pisses me off is that you cannot say one word about the fucking bastard Israeli government and their treatment of Palestinians without being accused of "jew bashing" it has NOTHING to do with religion. We are allowed to criticise their policies if we do not agree with them.

GrandmaHasTheMoozles Thu 31-Jan-13 13:43:22

justasecond

Of course you can criticise Israeli policies.

Its just interestesing to see how few threads get started about other conflicts in the Middle East in which Israel is not involved.

Apparently it only matters if Israel is involved.

WaynettaSlobsLover Thu 31-Jan-13 13:50:20

Israel are bastards I'm afraid. And until you have actually been to Israel, know the goings on of the prime minister and party leaders, see the arrogance of Israeli soldiers and the total contempt which the Palestinians are treated with, don't expect to have a clear biased view. I'm of Jewish stock and am disgusted by the way they portray every injustice as Jew bashing. They are a very dangerous country and although the majority of citizens are most likely decent and moral people, the ones who are in power are to be watched very very closely. Just my opinion.

0ver 60000 Syrians dead by their own govt - hang on, surely that must be Israels fault too?

WaynettaSlobsLover Thu 31-Jan-13 13:59:02

Errr sorry when did anyone say that hmm

No one said it. I was being sarcastic.

It is interesting tho that, for example on Mumsnet, there are very few threads about the middle east - except when Israel are involved.

It's like everything is fine until Israel comes along.

justasecond Thu 31-Jan-13 14:33:12

Well said Waynetta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now