Newsnight Fri 2 Nov please watch v Important you know who is running the country

(1000 Posts)
MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 11:53:32

Tom Watkins tweeted a seniour politician will be outed tonight and Max Clifford said on Daybreak shocking news will be released by the BBC today.

AuntieStella Fri 02-Nov-12 12:02:20

Not lizard men controlling Prince Phillip? Pity.

More sensibly, hype is hype. If there is a story, it'll also be on the ordinary news by tomorrow.

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 12:04:44

Iain Overton and Tom Watkins are tweeting.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 02-Nov-12 12:15:41

marks place

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 12:32:48

Someone said on one of the JS threads, it has gone to lawyers, it may be blocked.

Arisbottle Fri 02-Nov-12 12:32:58

I had assumed it was going to be the deceased sailor but according to his tweets it is someone who is alive

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 12:36:18

The sailor was quickly flashed up on the BBC earlier just before Freddy Starr was shown. TH's house has been closed down and put up for sale.

poachedeggs Fri 02-Nov-12 12:38:13

I need to review my Twitter usage. I miss all the good stuff.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 02-Nov-12 13:03:19
AnyaKnowIt Fri 02-Nov-12 13:14:27

Just seen this on twitter

"Senior political figure" due to be accused tonight by BBC of being paedophile denies allegations + tells me he'll issue libel writ agst BBC

Darkesteyes Fri 02-Nov-12 13:17:12

marks place.

FiercePanda Fri 02-Nov-12 13:19:15

Can someone PM me as to who the deceased sailor is? <brainmelt>

AuntieStella Fri 02-Nov-12 13:20:45

The only (former) Cabint Member I can think of who campaigned openly for the abolition of the age of consent was Patricia Hewitt. I wonder if there is anything behind this current flurry of tweets, and if it could be referring to any individuals in her cohort?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 02-Nov-12 13:21:22

can someone PM me too I am in the dark..

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 13:22:58

The sailor's (high profile) family and he were friend's of JS.

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 13:23:50

I understand Murdoch bought up the survivors story a while back.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 02-Nov-12 13:24:16

I'm guessing that the dead sailor is Ted Heath, but since he is dead it won't be about him.

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 13:25:40

Another dead sailor too. No pm's. It has been all losted on the savile threads.

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 13:26:34

posted already, all there if you look at the threads the last month.

Pinot Fri 02-Nov-12 14:46:01

I thought the dead sailor was Lord MB, uncle of Charlieboy.

And TH and his boat. Sicko.

ommmward Fri 02-Nov-12 14:46:29

there are very interesting things to find if you dig down into the Islington care home scandal - Margaret Hodge/ Patricia hewitt etc etc. Home Educators dug up a lot of this stuff when the last government was trying to put through legislation aimed at giving the state a lot more power over our children (and quite yucky power too - we were all very glad when the general election got called days before the bill went through)

It does feel to me as if more of the pieces of the jigsaw are being put together by more people. There is a huge amount of corruption in our society. I'm not a lizard-ruler conspiracy theory type, but I do think that a huge amount of evil can be done by individual acts of blackmail, and by a relatively small number of people with unwholesome tastes but a lot of leverage (for whatever reason)

margerybruce Fri 02-Nov-12 14:50:35

Michael Crick &#8207;@MichaelLCrick
The senior political figure due to be accused paedophile activity by BBC tonight tells me that he still hasn't heard from them for response
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1h Michael Crick &#8207;@MichaelLCrick
"Senior political figure" due to be accused tonight by BBC of being paedophile denies allegations + tells me he'll issue libel writ agst BBC
Expand

MrsjREwing Fri 02-Nov-12 15:01:49

I would imagine foreign press will be interested in this story, so they will name this SPF?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 02-Nov-12 15:07:54

Mrsj - you seem to have a bit of an obsession with this.

All the hype is unhelpful IMO, and the Beeb are clearly desperate to start smearing elsewhere rather than focusing on putting their own house in order. It is all massively distasteful, when we should be concentrating on making sure that those people who have been abused feel safe in coming forward that they are not going to be swept up into some kind of media frenzy.

Very clever by Newsnight though, as the name is leaked all over twitter, well a couple of names, so cant see how this politician can hide really, sure newsnight will have researched throughly.

If it isnt aired tonight due to a court injunction, will that person have to resign anyway? If a tory then DC will be informed, surely the man will have to go, DC cannot be seen to publicily back someone in this position, not after everything thats coming out, and surely all evidence will have been handed to police?

This thread is not accepting new messages.