Justin Lee Collins found guilty

(89 Posts)
FreudiansGoldSlipper Tue 09-Oct-12 14:40:11

just heard

good a man just hmm slapping his girlfriend, being verbally abuse is taken serioulsy sometimes

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Tue 09-Oct-12 17:38:06

I imagine without that tape he would have been found not guilty.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Oct-12 17:39:41

Does anyone know if Alan Carr was called as a witness? Its just that the girlfriend said that some of the abuse took place in front of him as they all walked down a street together - I wondered if he'd tell the truth or lie for his mate?

FreudiansGoldSlipper Tue 09-Oct-12 17:41:25

somedayma no AIBU i just put it here as it is the most popular forum and to spread the good news and ffs does it really matter

and he may not have been abusive to his wife but he was to his girlfriend and now others are aware of how he can be hopefully he shall try and change

ellargh Tue 09-Oct-12 17:42:21

I'm glad he was found guilty as something like this is horrendous and should be publicised and punished but I'm kind of sad as I used to like him. Will never be able to look at him the same.

chipstick
Peter Sutcliffe didn't murder his wife does that mean he didn't target and kill other women?

MrsToddsShortcut Tue 09-Oct-12 17:43:47

Am delighted that his abuse was taken seriously.

I can think of lots of potential reasons why his wife may have given him a positive character reference. She may not have experienced abuse with him. He may have been abusive, and, as Fatima suggested, she may have normalised it. She may have wanted to protect her children. Who knows?

I do know lots of people who define domestic abuse as purely physical and thoroughly normalise verbal and emotional abuse. Sadly I used to be one of them. But this is pure speculation.

What worries me though is reading lots of the comments on the news sites - lots of people are still 'not sure' he is actually guilty, even though he has been found guilty by our legal system. Lots of comments about her looks, her wanting a career boost, her being a gold digger, if it was true she would have 'walked away' etc etc sad

All thoroughly depressing and indicative of the fact that a significant number of people still have no understanding at all of the dynamics of abuse.

mrsrosieb Tue 09-Oct-12 17:44:40

The amount of cash he has he could have easily paid his ex-wife off.

Thanks Getorf for saying what I wanted to. About JLC and the exclamation marks

TheCraicDealer Tue 09-Oct-12 17:46:01

I just loved the mugshot they had of him in the Daily Mail. Proper, "Ha!" moment.

lolaflores Tue 09-Oct-12 17:51:50

I think JLC may have fallen foul of the wonderful world of show biz and the fuel it runs on....our friend Cocaine. The massive change in character, paranoid, weight loss, violent and so on. May explain some of his arseholery. Thought I am not sure if it does.
His sentence is a bit of a joke. He should be doing time to reflect the terror campaign he led against this woman.
I would like to predict a newspaper spread
JLC - My Drugs Hell.
JLC - My Rehab miracle
JLC - Lovely new girlfriend and a new show.
Should take about 2 years.
That or he is going to be waving at sailors on street corners

Sassybeast Tue 09-Oct-12 17:56:15

Chipstick - you wouldn't be insinuating that his victim was in any way to blame would you ? hmm

chipstick10 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:08:49

oh fgs keep your bloody wigs on, does everyone have to believe everything they read or hear. For the record o dont think john terry was guilty, i dont think sian jenkins was guilty, i dont think Amanda Knox was innocent, its not a crime, its having an opinion.

The jury who heard the evidence decided he was, I think they were in a better place to judge than you.

Sian Jenkins who is she? Do you mean Sion Jenkins?

chipstick10 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:19:20

Im sure they were Chaz its my opinion thats all.

sparkle12mar08 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:24:20

"lolaflores Tue 09-Oct-12 17:51:50

I think JLC may have fallen foul of the wonderful world of show biz and the fuel it runs on....our friend Cocaine. The massive change in character, paranoid, weight loss, violent and so on. May explain some of his arseholery. Thought I am not sure if it does.
His sentence is a bit of a joke. He should be doing time to reflect the terror campaign he led against this woman.
I would like to predict a newspaper spread
JLC - My Drugs Hell.
JLC - My Rehab miracle
JLC - Lovely new girlfriend and a new show.
Should take about 2 years."

This^^ Lola has it nailed. With a good PR person he'll make money out of this and extend his career nicely. Appalling.

chipstick
The point is that neither your opinion nor mine counts in this case, only the jury's and they've decided he was guilty and they were the one's who heard the evidence not us.

chipstick10 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:26:47

I will remove myself forthwith.

lolaflores Tue 09-Oct-12 18:28:05

sparke some have come back from worse. Do we not live in the most cynical of worlds though? So, it doesn't really matter what he has done or where it has lead him, its all potential feed for the bottomless pit that is the public appetite for shit heads being renovated.

Pagwatch Tue 09-Oct-12 18:32:41

Chipstick10
I think you read my post as being combative when it wasn't.

I was asking if you want that because his wife wasn't treated the same then it casts doubt upon his victims testimony.

I wasn't sure that was what you meant so I asked where you were going

<<adjusts wig>>

Of course if it was what you meant then I would have mentioned that I was the only one of my many siblings singled out to be abused. Oftentimes the victim is selected for reasons far more complicated than proximity.

UltraBOF Tue 09-Oct-12 18:34:09

An anagram of Justin Lee Collins is JOLLINESS LIE- CUNT.

I've been working on that for a while blush

lolaflores Tue 09-Oct-12 18:37:20

UltraBOF SUPERB WORK there. Genius

UltraBOF Tue 09-Oct-12 18:40:00

grin I was quite pleased with it.

FreudiansGoldSlipper Tue 09-Oct-12 18:43:18

i doubt it will do his future career any harm either sad

FreudiansGoldSlipper Tue 09-Oct-12 18:44:15

good work Ultra gold star for you grin

chipstick10 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:44:17

Pagwatch. Thanks. I took a chance airing my opinion on here. I never come on AIBU, i wont again either. I read the Philip Schofield thread ystday. I loathe the ego maniac who blocks anyone on twitter who doesnt think hes god but if someone dares to say hes not a rape apologist, they are hung drawn and quatered. Its too judgemental and scary on here. Personally i do believe i am entitled to my opinion. I remember saying on a thread once that i didnt believe Amanda Knox, i was given short thrift. Whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now