Andy Coulson, Rebekah Brooks and others charged

(122 Posts)
NicholasTeakozy Tue 24-Jul-12 13:07:40

BBC article. Good.

SerialKipper Wed 25-Jul-12 18:13:23

Oooh, careful. They signalled ages ago they'd be claiming they can't get a fair trial.

Some guidance from MN Towers on what not to say?

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:15:54

Oh, and they will be cut dead by Jeremy Clarkson.

That's surely a plus point.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 25-Jul-12 18:16:41

Clarkson won't cut them dead. He'll write a newspaper article proclaiming their innocence and raging about the miscarriage of justice.

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:17:19

Shit! They really are doomed, then.

SerialKipper Wed 25-Jul-12 18:18:35

grin at limited

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:24:20

serial I'd normally agree and do my knitting in private.

But so many newspapers have spent so long telling us that the investigation was a waste of valuable resources when coppers should be investigating REAL CRIMES like terrorism and collecting their money for writing columns for NI and that this whole business was just a minority pursuit by Guardian-reading nerds, that surely it would be easy to find decent citizens who knew nothing about it to make up a jury.

But I bow to the wisdom of MNHQ rotten spoilsports if they delete it

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:25:07

I don't read the Guardian btw so I'm available for jury duty grin

SerialKipper Wed 25-Jul-12 18:31:40

Allez les tricoteuses!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 25-Jul-12 18:36:27

I'd pay decent money to be called up for jury service for this.

donnie Wed 25-Jul-12 18:41:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

donnie Wed 25-Jul-12 18:43:39

pmsl @ 'Crystal Tips' ! grin

donnie Wed 25-Jul-12 18:45:04

on a scale of 1 - 10 how much do you think Dave Cameron is squirming in his y fronts right now? thanks goodness he has the olympics to divert people's attention.

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:46:18

YY donnie I found Coulson's statement quite sinister in a kind of 'You people know me and I know where you live' way.

I don't like his mean-looking wire-rimmed spectacles either. If I was his barrister I'd get him to change them for something more unworldly in horn rim.

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 18:47:20

Dave Cameron is squirming in his y fronts

Must you? I'm about to put the sausages on.

emmieging Wed 25-Jul-12 18:51:54

And while we're on the subject, does she really think that having a mane of pre- raphaelite dyed red curls can make up for the fact that shes got an extremely plain face with no attractive features whatsoever??

Just wondering

donnie Wed 25-Jul-12 18:53:55

be careful emmie, you may just turn to stone......

MrGin Wed 25-Jul-12 19:00:47

They're both up for seperate purgery charges also as aren't they ?

Camerons judgement of friends and advisors looks pretty poor.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 19:03:07

limited you have been marvellous on this thread and the Paul Dacre one. grin

I am sure that shiny Dave will just waltz through this and nothing with stick.

3 years more of that ghaslty little man as prime minister.

And George Osbourne. He looks like something from the 1930s.

NicholasTeakozy Wed 25-Jul-12 19:10:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Viviennemary Wed 25-Jul-12 19:11:18

She always reminds me of that Greek myth woman with the snakes for hair. Only sayin.

donnie Wed 25-Jul-12 19:14:32

that's what I meant by the turning to stone reference Vivienne, the Medusa resemblance has been noted wink

Viviennemary Wed 25-Jul-12 19:17:21

Right. I'm slow. grin

NicholasTeakozy Wed 25-Jul-12 19:17:57
Viviennemary Wed 25-Jul-12 19:18:03

It's the heat. Enjoying this thread.

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 19:24:24

Thank you goml

In the very early days of my career on the Snoresville-and-Pettyspite Gazette I covered the fantastic magistrates' court trial of some miscreants who fought a neighbours' dispute concerning a large dog with boundary issues and a missing fence post.

It ended with a woman chucking the humungous pile of shit over the fence at the woman next door, their husbands being called, a bit of fisticuffs and the accidental arrest of the poor sod who'd come round to read the gas meters.

There wasn't enough room for them all in the dock and I had to move out of the press bench to where the public sat shock.

I imagine that's what it's going to be like when Crystal Tipps, Coulson, Thurlbeck, Edmondson, Mulcaire, Kuttner, Weatherup and Miskiw turn up at the Old Bailey.

It was a happy day for me because it was the first story I managed to sell to The Sun. I imagine it won't be so good for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now