Finding other home educators locally

(37 Posts)
FionaJNicholson Wed 13-Jun-12 17:04:22

Some of the previous info is now different (eg Education Otherwise doesn't do a national contact list and has new website address)

New EO addy is here

www.education-otherwise.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106&Itemid=86

My home ed groups map is here

edyourself.org/groups

Thanks for the bump Emerald Home Ed doesn't really seem to be the done thing in these parts I can barely find anything relevant to my area! Although I do have a few year until DD is of school age, I may just have to start up my home ed network! :D

EmeraldIce Fri 10-Oct-14 15:04:24

Bump

bobbysgirlfirst Thu 25-Sep-14 21:54:58

bump

One of the best -and quickest ways of finding home educators local to you, is to search Facebook for 'Home Education + the name of your LA'

eg searching FB for 'home education Worcestershire' gets you this group

IncognitoErgoSum Fri 11-Apr-14 08:25:25

Bump

julienoshoes Wed 26-Feb-14 15:19:39

bump

A1midwife Wed 05-Feb-14 11:15:48

Hi julie
I am strongly considering the advantages of home educating my son who is currently in year 5 and would be most grateful if you could sign post me to any groups in in or around Boldmere Sutton Coldfield
Many thanks

A1midwife Wed 05-Feb-14 11:09:29

Hi julie
I am considering home educating my son who is currently in year 5 and would be most grateful if you could sign post me toward home education groups in or around Boldmere Sutton Coldfield
Best regards

ppeatfruit Fri 31-Jan-14 13:12:46

alijoes pm me if you feel the need but I'm going to be away from computers for a while back in 2 weeks grin

ppeatfruit Fri 31-Jan-14 13:09:22

alijoesmum Our ds was HE from the age of 13 (he had been 'let go') from his private school and there were no places locally. We did have a pt tutor for him to start with but he became very difficult for a couple of years (normal ado stuff). So he became an autodidact so much so that his inspector from the council said he knew more than most ADULTS let alone 15 yr olds (he is G&T). He also said he'd do the exams when he felt the need.

He hasn't done any (he's 25 now) BUT he's taken courses in music which he loves and teaching yoga to L.O.'s which he does peripatetically in varying schools. We do still help him with his rent (he's lucky with that) but he has a complicated life and is a dad to 2 DDs although he has a steady GF now.

You may say we over indulged him but he'd never been happy at schools and I just felt to FORCE him to do the normal thing woulD have been extremely damaging.

Everyone is different .I just thought I'd post to say it's not the end of the world if you HE older DCs. Good luck grin

truth66 Wed 29-Jan-14 18:30:34

Hi, any home ed groups in County Armagh, Northern Ireland?

julienoshoes Sat 07-Dec-13 20:45:41

bump for newbies

julienoshoes Mon 28-Oct-13 17:58:42

bump

ommmward Wed 04-Sep-13 21:17:31

bump

julienoshoes Wed 21-Aug-13 12:54:04

bump

julienoshoes Mon 12-Aug-13 09:37:54

bump

julienoshoes Sat 20-Jul-13 18:31:41

bump

julienoshoes Tue 04-Jun-13 10:57:21

bump

alijoesmum Thu 18-Apr-13 11:09:23

Hi I am in Ramsgate Kent, I have a boy of 15 years who came out of school at 13 yrs old. To begin with he worked really well on work I set him, running along the school curricuim, then we went to a EO group which said dont need to do work just play. Problem his work dropped off, but he does not mix with others, and he did not nor did I want to go back to the group, to play cards etc.
Are there others out there with similar young aldults that maybe could shed some light on what to do next.
He came out of school because there were lots of changes happening, staff, uniform,..... and he hated the disruption in the class rooms, he wanted to work.
Any sensible groups, well balanced, educational and enjoyable.
I work on a adhock basis, but mostly should be avaliable.

crowisland Wed 13-Mar-13 23:06:22

Any suggestions of home education networks/groups in/around central or north London- for teens?

SDeuchars Wed 13-Mar-13 22:36:03

bump

julienoshoes Wed 13-Feb-13 21:12:51

bump

julienoshoes Mon 04-Feb-13 13:04:09

This is the more up to date thread on finding home educators-for the poster after Salisbury groups, try the places mentioned on this thread.

Or if you do FaceBook come on over to the Mumsnet Home Ed FB page but please send a message to the admins there or a pm to me here so we know who you are

julienoshoes Mon 21-Jan-13 21:52:23

bump

julienoshoes Mon 10-Dec-12 11:11:09

and UK HOME Ed has a page with links to different groups scroll down the page to find the list of local HE groups

julienoshoes Mon 10-Dec-12 11:09:17

I can't make the HEd map work either...but Fiona has a map with local home ed groups here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now