Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is living inside me, and how can I kill it?! (TMI warning)

(67 Posts)
Whatislivinginsideme Fri 16-Nov-12 18:59:22

Last night I went for a wee before bed and when I wiped I noticed a black, inch long, 'thing' on the paper. It was very thin, and I thought it was a hair, but a very thick one. I looked a bit closer and one end sort of reared up a little, so I'm sure it was a living creature. At that point I flushed it down the loo in panic!

I thought it might mean I had general 'worms' but when I googled about them it said they are white. This was black.

Today I inspected the paper after wiping and there were a couple of shorter thin things that looked lighter in colour. If I hadn't seen the black moving thing the night before I would have presumed they were just little bits of hair, but now I don't know.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how I can get rid of any more that might be in me?!

I do have 3 cats, so don't know if it's some kind of creature caught from them? I do always wash my hands before eating and after cleaning their litter tray etc. But I don't always wash after every single time I stroke one of them. And I admit, they do often sleep on my bed.

Any ideas? And will I have to go to the dr? I hate going to doctors about 'embarrassing' inflictions!

Thanks

Arithmeticulous Sun 18-Nov-12 20:27:55

You know whenever someone talks about nits, you automatically start scratching your head? Well, I'm now doing the worms equivalent of that hmm

MerryChristMoose Sun 18-Nov-12 20:32:12

accidental I've just found another advantage to living abroad where it's -30 during winter grin

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sun 18-Nov-12 20:55:54

PETS, I said PETS IUsedToBeAContender.
You must have thought I was a right dirty caaahhh grin

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sun 18-Nov-12 21:00:19

MerryChristMoose nowt survives at -30, not even the worms in my intestines!

Do you get warms summers though?

WinnietheWho Sun 18-Nov-12 21:18:48

Aargh .... just mildly flipping out at the descriptions of "earthworm" type creatures in the toilet : A few years ago I found what looked exactly like that in our toilet and flushed it away in a panic. Tried to reassure myself that it was in fact an earthworm that had somehow made it into the cistern and down into the bowl. Now am beginning to wonder whether it was actually a round worm and whether it came from one of us or from a visitor! shock
I would hope that we might know by now whether we were infected? confused

Almacks Sun 18-Nov-12 21:23:51

ahardyfool LOL at "nicer worms" !!!!
grin <feels itchy>

Djembe Sun 18-Nov-12 21:24:13

Nooooo why on earth worm did I read all of this? <shivers>

gussiegrips Sun 18-Nov-12 21:25:13

So. Very. Funny.

Am a bit miffed I've never had a worm in my muff.

Sigh

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 18-Nov-12 21:27:19
Vivalebeaver Sun 18-Nov-12 21:42:07

Jesus. I'm so worming myself tomorrow. Have an itchy bum now.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sun 18-Nov-12 21:42:47

Gussiegrips - you haven't lived until you've had worms in your muff.
I'm experienced <proud emoticon>

gussiegrips Sun 18-Nov-12 22:37:50

Accidental I feel pathetic.

Not only have I not had worms, I've not had any thing living in it's entirety in my fanjo.

What a waste of a youth-hood...

BeatTheClock Sun 18-Nov-12 22:47:37

OMG OMG <swallows bodyweight in Ovex washed down with bleach>

MerryChristMoose Mon 19-Nov-12 15:03:44

To be fair Accidental the winters can be pretty. Right cold but clear blue skies and sun. Can be really grim though too. Summers are lovely. Temperatures in the mid to high 20s for a couple of months and very little rain.

We're the same latitude as Newcastle. Shows you what the Gulf Stream does for the UK!

Arithmeticulous Mon 19-Nov-12 19:46:08

Is it dead yet?

AppleOgies Mon 19-Nov-12 19:48:52

I'm so regretting reading this thread. <bleurgh>

AppleOgies Mon 19-Nov-12 19:49:46

Especially vivalebeavers brain worm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now