Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone around for a spot of hand holding? Emetophobia related,

(4 Posts)
funkypigeon Thu 24-Jan-13 21:39:29

Argh.dont know why I wind myself up silly when nothing has happened yet and I have no reason to think it will.
Have been dreading this season as all emets do. DS not himself today- woke in the night, was chirpy though and ate breakfast. I was at work today on a long shift and the babysitter said he didn't want any tea.

I've just for that 'feeling' you know the one, just rears its head and doesn't want to go away. He's asleep on the sofa but isn't completely still, keeps tossing and turning. I have the dread. I hate this phobia so much.

Crawling Fri 25-Jan-13 20:11:26

Giving a bump as I have no experience.

amillionyears Fri 25-Jan-13 21:48:12

Therre was a big thread on MN over christmas about this.
Did you see it or were you on it?
I can probably find it if you want me to. I dont know if you are a new poster.

florry88 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:21:09

Im far too late but I know exactly where you are, this happens to me at the moment a few times a week. Hope your son is ok.

I hate the dread its the worst thing for me about emmetophobia
many hugs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now