Tour de France 2016 velogames is open for business!!

(47 Posts)
ThisPanCan Sun 19-Jun-16 12:31:01

This was mentioned on the Giro thread and a few MN peloton riders missed the closing date for entries.

It's a sort 'virtual team directeur' - a bit like football manager I am told. So you have an amount of money and you spend it on forming your own team, by 'buying' sprinters, climbers, domestiques and punchiers all rounders. Obv the better riders come with a higher price tag so spend wisely!

We had a MN League for the Giro. It was justinelibertine who set that up though we haven't seen her much on the latter part of the Giro thread, and I'm not sure exactly how that works.

But ride along to velogames.com and have a look around. We can do a proper TdF thread nearer the time? bike

ThisPanCanCan Sun 19-Jun-16 12:34:12

here

ThisPanCanCan Tue 21-Jun-16 17:31:35

Steady there now.

FelicityLemon Thu 23-Jun-16 13:11:19

Great thanks for that. Am at work now but will choose wisely later!

ThisPanCanCan Thu 23-Jun-16 17:26:59

Deadline lunch time Saturday.

ThisPanCanCan Thu 23-Jun-16 17:27:39

2nd July.....

FelicityLemon Sat 25-Jun-16 11:51:47

OK now have a team. Hopefully we'll get enough people for a league bike

PanEuropeanPan Sat 25-Jun-16 12:21:30

D'accord Felicity !!

I may have to PM the usual suspects. They'll only complain if they lose out again.grin

I'm not doing it this time. I really did not like how the last effort invited me to react, like a snarling beast. And I can't afford the open-ended therapy required to put me back together. smile

PanEuropeanPan Sat 25-Jun-16 14:01:16

Ghastly, tragic news on Stig Brockx, who crashed in Belgium involving a motobike damn

FelicityLemon Sat 25-Jun-16 17:06:23

I saw that update on Stig, it's terrible news.

FelicityLemon Sat 25-Jun-16 17:08:55

You should give it another go. I have carefully not chosen any Etixx-Quickstep riders so that if they do well I can enjoy that and if not I have my team to support. It's a sort of cycling hedge fund.

DramaAlpaca Sat 25-Jun-16 23:51:38

Late to the peloton again, sorry.

I haven't organised my dream team yet, might do it if I find time to think about it during the week.

Awful news about Stig, so sad.

MrSlant Mon 27-Jun-16 09:41:50

That poor young man and his family, it's the nightmare we have been living for three years now and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, the worst of the worst thing to happen to a loved one. Fingers crossed they have a breakthrough, it's still early days yet.

That said the Tour starts on Saturday <bounces up and down> DS1 and I will be very carefully choosing our teams in the next 24 hours. Can he join our league (he's not coming on here mind, there are limits).

Is this the tour thread or will we have a new one with maps and everything, the rest of the internet is driving me insane at the moment so I need somewhere to talk about cycling and lovely things like giant sunflower heads and exactly where the photographer has to stand and for how long to get the annual iconic photo?

FelicityLemon Mon 27-Jun-16 18:27:47

We should have a proper thread for the Tour. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned for the league.

PanEuropeanPan Mon 27-Jun-16 19:40:11

I can do a proper Tour intro in a few days IF that's okay, and we can keep it bumped to the max to get as many in the league?
I'll do a team frankly based around Team Sky so I don't get my lycra in a knot.smile

PanEuropeanPan Mon 27-Jun-16 19:47:01

Pour MrSlant

MrSlant Mon 27-Jun-16 20:15:07

Merci smile

I will keep anything you want bumped, I need a happy space to hide in.

bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike bike

MrSlant Mon 27-Jun-16 22:19:22

If justinelibertine doesn't show up soon may I set up the league for us? It looks simple enough famous last words also DS1 would like to join it pretty please.

PanEuropeanPan Mon 27-Jun-16 22:34:19

Yes please MrSlant - team work! I am the domestique to your killer sprinter skill, with DS1 leading you out. bike

MrSlant Mon 27-Jun-16 22:51:47

Well if you think of a league name then I'll set it up tomorrow. Personally more of a rouleur in the spirit of our great leader Chavanel, stubborn determination to get to the end!

A demain!

PanEuropeanPan Mon 27-Jun-16 22:58:57

Write the history yourself! Chavanel in there somewhere would be an accolade to the boy. Leading from the front! AND he is v handsome, which seems to carry some traction in this parts! And 'MN' somewhere would be gud.

One team in the Giro was "From Hero to Giro" was fairly funny.

MrSlant Tue 28-Jun-16 10:23:48

Well it's a terrible name but that's what happens when you leave me and my lack of imagination to set things up.

Chavanel leads from the front in the MN peloton league.

Rubbish, but there you go, it's ours.

I have made my team, DS1 got in there before me with all my favourites to I've had a grumpy morning making a team that's not identical to his <kicks son for his excellent choosing skills>. One thing, if you lot know my team name can you see my RL name as well? Should I make it a pseudonym.

Oh and do you need the league code or just the name? I have a very long number that I am not to lose apparently.

MrSlant Tue 28-Jun-16 14:22:23

Code; 762810591855

refereerendum Tue 28-Jun-16 14:29:24

I've just registered and it worked smile. I can only see MrSlant and your team name btw, nothing else. And your team is secret until the race starts.

refereerendum Tue 28-Jun-16 14:33:27

I chose my team yesterday and now see one of mine isn't starting - going well. (Of to change it now).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now