Dec--k--(ember) the halls with discount holly,

(207 Posts)
economymode Sun 02-Dec-12 15:06:52

New thread, complete with tenuous title, to help us keep track of finances this month. Come be a Scrooge with me!

economymode Fri 28-Dec-12 21:29:35

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves!

Fairly spendy today as I braved town: £46 in primark on some new pjyamas for after the baby comes, vests, socks, tights etc. Not sure how it all added up, but it did.

Then £17 or so in Boots on dummies and formula powder (learnt our lesson from first time round), breast pads and other unglamorous items.

Then £33 on 3 maternity bras - thought I'd just get cheapo ones for now, then wait and see how breastfeeding pans out before getting better ones.

My sister treated me to lunch (cheese and tomato toastie, the king of lunches!) and I waddled into.town, so only had to pay the bus fare back.

Mum2Fergus Fri 28-Dec-12 22:00:18

Free listing on Ebay til 1st Jan folks...

AdoraJingleBells Sat 29-Dec-12 00:10:50

Glad you got treated to lunch economy, we said goodbye to our sarnie toaster this week, all the non stick has come off. It is amazing how things add up, isn't it? I went in for bread and salad, spent £56shock.add £2 on roads and £45 on petrol and my run of NSDs is well and truly oversad

OH is home, with enough pills to make him rattle and a slight flea in his ear about his eating habits. He spent about £100 on his medication. We don't know what the clinic cost but they are sorting that out directly with the insurance. Drat, just realised I forgot to pick up X-rays, have to wait until Monday now.

£26 on new sheets in TK Maxx. White company sheets have been sent to poor quality control.

£20 for a new thermal fleece dressing gown for DH, he's so toasty the heatings only on for a couple of hours a day.

£7 set of 4 mugs in John Lewis.

£6 fizzy wine and marked down food in local co-op.

Weekly food shop tomorrow.

Happy new year!

AdoraJingleBells Mon 31-Dec-12 22:39:47

Tríed To post last night but the battery gave up.

So, Monday we took DDs to the movies and bought food for a party.
Cinema -£15, drinks -£5, supermarket-£35 and roads -£2.

OH is on the mend.

Happy new yeargrin

roguepixie Tue 01-Jan-13 00:34:54

Happy New Year All.

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. May our credit crunching continue...

Rogue xx

roguepixie Tue 01-Jan-13 12:04:26

Link to new thread here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/credit_crunch/1648312-Judicious-January-Long-may-the-credit-crunching-continue

Hope you are all well and enjoyed the NYE celebrations wherever you are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now