The Elderberry Sausage Wangers (thread 5) and the hunt for immaculate conception - a frightfully good thread for the over-30s TTC their first baby.

(1000 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sun 24-Feb-13 09:01:10

Our new home, hope we will all be very unhappy here and leave soon ;-)

Pipbin Fri 08-Mar-13 23:53:18

Welcome Raining.
I didn't ever get clomid. I had an HSG first which showed a blockage so they didn't ever bother with it.

I was taking to one of my pg colleagues today. She said that they were sure they were never going to conceive, (Trying for 2 years with a mc) that they decided after a bfn to get a cat. And guess what next cycle....

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Mar-13 23:59:20

I won't get clomid either. TTC 20 months and no probs with me. Oh has low morphology.

Frogcatcher Sat 09-Mar-13 00:46:35

Go bunny! No shag crown for me as I'm in bed with the elderberries & OH is watching live cricket on Sky Sports. I have to hope that shag week this month doesn't coincide with a test match on the other side of the world or I'm screwed (or not rather)!

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 01:07:39

I'm on shag week at the mo. currently on cd16 and have dtd so far this eve and weds eve.

Bunnygirlie Sat 09-Mar-13 04:28:04

Thanks twinkle frog who would have ever thought that DTD once would have been something to shout about lol

CD14 here, hoping for a couple more miracle shags to keep my tiara over the next 3/4 days.

It's 4.30 in the morn and I can't sleep due to my lurghy sad

Confused. confused. My temperature did not go up this morning so despite the Ov cramps and the opk going from positive the day before to negative, it seems I haven't Ov yet. Be interesting to see if I get another peak CBFM today. On the plus side I'm not strictly in the 2ww yet so can have a guilt free couple of drinks at the hen do tonight!

haycorn Sat 09-Mar-13 08:52:08

Ok, CD39 over here, which is the longest my cycle has ever been. Thought I might have Ovd 18 days ago, but in all honesty it seems likely that I didn't Ov at all this month. Been putting off POAS because I wanted to keep believing that this could be it, but went for it this morning and as expected got a BFN. Still no signs of AF so can't even try and cheer myself up by starting again.

So I think it is time to get serious, get temping and get me to a doctor. Can anyone recommend any cheap Ov sticks that are clearer to read than the ones I am currently using? Sick of sitting on the bathroom floor squinting at the sticks trying to work out which line is darker!

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 09:00:42

Hi ladies can I hop on this thread please smile

Shag week for me! Today is CD15... Dtd CD8, CD9, CD13 and CD14.

Annoyed we had a 3 day break but I was on nightshifts which made it pretty much impossible. Should've made DH come to my work so we cld dtd in a secluded room LOL ;)

Hoping to dtd tonight and tomorrow if dtd is up for it then every other day or so after that.. On a real mission this month but enjoying it!

I only starting temping this cycle and have a lot to learn however I've seen a big dip in my bbt over the last couple of days and today it's at it's lowest point so far... I've heard this can happen before ov, is that true? Would make sense considering where I am in my cycle I guess...?!

Anyway I'm 26 years old, newly wed and TTC number 1. This is my 3rd month of TTC smilesmile someone in another thread suggest I pop my head in this thread... Hope that's ok!
X

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 09:06:50

Ps I hope no one says I'm too young for this thread! I've been told its generally for over 30s but was advised to pop in and say hello anyway!

Tallyra Sat 09-Mar-13 09:37:32

Hi Gilly.
I won't kick you out, but then I'm pretty new here too. Good luck with the shag week. I wish I'd started TTC when you are (would have been difficult though as I only got marries at 27) so we'll just be stupidly jealous if you get a bfp :-P

Hi Gilly welcome in! Good luck with shagging, sounds as tho your doing a good job! And yes my temp normally dips low the day before my temp rise for O.
Hangover central here, just trying to drag ourselves out of bed to go and have a greasy fryup wholesome organic yoghurt or something! wink

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 09:49:48

Lol!
I'm still in bed! DH is working today and we have a gas man coming at 11... Can't be bothered to do anything until he's been and gone!

Yes, I will be answering the door in pjs,slippers and dressing gown and no, I don't care!grin

Frogcatcher Sat 09-Mar-13 09:59:40

Hi gilly come on in. I don't think you'll be here as long as I will be tho given your eggs are a good 10 yrs younger than mine! We all deserve ttc support tho. I've just started temping but FF has already told me off given me a circle not a blob for having temps two hours apart. I can't set an alarm to temp at the weekend tho or OH will think I have lost the plot. Maybe in a couple of months when I get desperate more serious.

tallyra me & OH agreed we'd have to do the marriage thing later at my age. Disappointing but we both agreed a baby was more important.

happylass Sat 09-Mar-13 10:13:04

Welcome Gilly. Yes my temp dips drastically on cd11 and shoots up on cd12. According to FF OV happens the day before the rise so looks like you're timing it just right

Following on from my hideous cold being a potential pg symptom, I've just spotted FOUR magpies in my (tiny) garden! Have been spotting lone magpies left right and centre since I started TTC so this has to be a good sign!
I'm going to get wanged for symptom spotting by a lurking Viv/Gail/Kerry aren't I ?!?

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 10:22:35

Thanks everyone smile

Happylass....! 4 for a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherrycoconut Sat 09-Mar-13 10:33:18

I go to bed at 9 and look what's to catch up on this morning, loads of chat! Welcome Gilly and anyone else I've missed. Straight 12 hours sleep though for me though, 'twas bliss!

Bunny yay for you and Mr Bunny I'm so pleased for you - wear that tiara with pride love. Really good going esp feeling under the weather, I hope you're feeling better soon and you too happy.

Frog I think I agree with everyone else, I'd relax, have a good time and a few drinks tonight if I were you!

Argh Cats am sorry to hear that. Damn the BCP, which has turned out to be the route of such evil. Post pill amenorrhoea is a ball ache even to spell! It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one going through this but I hope we can both kick start things soon. I'm such a muppet on the vitex thing, a quick google and I would have been all the wiser. Thanks for filling me in. I am sorely tempted to give it a go. Do they have any dosages on the packaging?

When I went to see the doctor I did try and stress that my big concern was to sort out my cycle rather than get pregnant. I agree it doesn't feel right not to have a cycle and at the moment it's the major stumbling block to overcome on the ttc journey. I have health insurance too through work but fertility treatment isn't covered for me either. But I agree we should be able to isolate the amenorrehawhatsit for treatment as it is an issue in its own right - especially in light of your uterine health info.

It sounds like we have a lot of parallels... I too was planning to announce my BFP at Christmas. And here we are. Chin up, you are not alone in this and we will get through it. Let me know if you decide to go with the Vitex. We have 12 coming over for mothers day so hopefully won't have too much time to get think about it all and it's always a bit of a relief when they leave. I love them dearly but the mucky hand prints of my nephew and niece are still on our freshly renovated and painted dining room wall from the last time they came round!

Have a good Saturday folks... I'm off to start the shopping, cooking, cleaning marathon so as to appear respectable for the mothers day massive!

MavisCruet176 Sat 09-Mar-13 11:51:48

<waves hello to gilly>

Itsalwaysraining Sat 09-Mar-13 12:14:09

Hello Gilly and well done on the sexy time, Bunny [tries to remember the last time sex was fun whilst ttc]

We had sex last night, too, 'just for the fun of it'. I had two orgasms and still didn't have much 'fun' (my orgasms have become diluted somewhat with increasing my antidepressant dose plus DP had to ejaculate over my tits as he was at the 'wrong angle' to cum inside me...doesn't bode well for shag week sad

Itsalwaysraining Sat 09-Mar-13 12:16:02

Sorry I said 'tits' and 'cum'; I meant 'breasts' and 'ejaculate'. Indeed, I am sorry I mentioned it blush

Frogcatcher - same thing with marriage here, didn't have time to wait to start ttc until we'd organised a wedding (lots of friends getting married this year so we wouldn't have wanted to squeeze another in and DP wasn't keen on the just nip to the registry office and skip the party idea) and given we've now in month 15 of ttc we were right to get going straight away! In an ideal world I'd be married first, but when you don't meet until you're 30 and you don't want to rush into things too quickly you don't have a lot of choice!

we're not we've. Stupid phone.

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 12:22:17

<waves to everyone> x

Itsalwaysraining Sat 09-Mar-13 12:34:29

I'm scared of 27 year-olds: too fertile.

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 12:51:07

Oh no well then you're very scared of me - I'm 26 blush

<hides>

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 12:51:56

<runs away>

This thread is not accepting new messages.