BFP in 2013

(922 Posts)
RedRobin1 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:02:18

Hello - starting a new one as the old one filled up.....

Didn't want to start another...but I really hope this is the last thread for all of us.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Feb-13 11:22:57

Hi fatas I've given them a shot this month, tried cd4 to cd9, ov did seem to come quite early. Really don't think this is my month as I have had the cold from hell since sat, oved on Monday so body is not exactly a friendly place to start a pregnancy at the moment.

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Feb-13 11:59:25

Oh fatas it honestly isn't worth your time. I've wasted hours of my life arguing with strangers on the Internet and it has got me nowhere. The last one I had was with an American on gun laws. What a waste of a Saturday night that was.
Hi everyone. I'm so looking forward to this weekend and seeing ds1 who has been at residential school since Monday. I'm feeling a bit detached from the TTC process atm as I'm focusing on sorting out my finances and looking at returning to work in some minor role but its still at the forefront of my mind. This morning my boobs were hurting and felt fuller but I had to remind myself that it was probably because the house was freezing. But I'm getting much better at this 2ww thing now. AF is due around Sunday I think. I don't like to test if I can help it so I'm hoping AF turns up Saturday so I can have some wine.
Right, better bake the bread instead of being lazy.
What have you all got planned for this weekend?

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Feb-13 12:00:11

Ha! That was way too long considering I didn't think I had anything to say. Sorry about that.

resipsa Fri 08-Feb-13 15:30:11

flowers littlemiss and fatas. I found the due date the hardest (altho I still think most days now that DC would have been 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks etc).
Thingy we're due the visit at about the same time. I feel quite sane today but won't tomorrow!
fatas never underestimate Mummy and Daddy even when they need more care than us! I would have had DD adopted (slight exaggeration) if mine hadn't been around when I had PND.
Hi winkle glad life is good. DH and I are off out on Sat night for our once-in-a-blue-moon night by ourselves. Quite excited.
Hi when hope the cold kicks the bucket soon. Been reading about the soy since you mentioned it. Is it supposed to work like a "natural" clomid?

Thingymajigs Fri 08-Feb-13 18:27:37

Fingers crossed for you res. smile I've already got the wine chilling in the fridge for tomorrow and I've bought some more tampons that's how unconfident I am this cycle.
After paying so much attention to my cycles I have to say that the 8 days after ovulation are the worst. It's possibly because I produce a high amount of progesterone but my moods are awful at that time. I'm quite enjoying this neutral feeling while it lasts.

SunshineOutdoors Fri 08-Feb-13 19:17:09

When I got my bfp I had planned a special treat for when af came.... My favourite chocolate, red wine, special bubble bath, I thought I'd really pamper myself when she came. I was quite looking forward to it!

SunshineOutdoors Fri 08-Feb-13 19:20:01

Hope you get your bfp thingy (that post was meant to say on the end of it)

And I'm so sorry for all of you who have memories of past pregnancies that didn't carry to term. I can't imagine how hard that must be, you're all so lovely it's not fair. Take some time whenever you feel sad, there's no time limit on grief and however you feel it's important to acknowledge. Hugs to all of you

twinklestar2 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:09:06

No plans this weekend Thingy! More sex will def be on the list though!

I tried soy too this cycle. It's my third time of trying it. Hope it works for both of us!

SomeDaySoon74 Fri 08-Feb-13 23:13:21

Hey y'all. Hope you're all having a nice Friday night.
Just been catching up, so much chatting on this thread shock!
redrobin - totally with you on feeling horny during AF. What's that all about?!
resipsa - know what you mean about anniversaries. Hope you're ok. thanks
I'm feeling a bit glum today. A Colleague of mine who is totally lovely but who is pg and due about a month before I was (before mc) walked past me today looking so beautiful with her little bump and I just had to turn away as it made me feel so envy and then I felt really bad for feeling that way. Just want to get pg again quickly and put it all behind me. But I know it doesn't work that way...
Oh, how to stay sane whilst being the only childless one amongst my pals?!

Thingymajigs Sat 09-Feb-13 06:38:24

Thank you sunshine and someday. smile My temperature has dropped to 36.40 so I guess AF will appear by this evening or early tomorrow. I don't even need to test anymore, I know my cycle that well. Now if ovulation would just pick a definite day to appear that would be great.
I'm starting to get to that point now someday, I'll see bumps and think that I should have one too and start to wonder if that'll ever happen again.
twinkle that sounds like a great weekend to me. I need to make some time for DP like that. After ovulation I lose all interest although I think it's hormone related.
Glad I put that wine in now. Films, wine, snuggles and chocolate. Bliss.
Good luck to everyone trying soy this cycle. I'm interested to see how you get on. It's one that I don't think I can try so I'm curious as to how it affects cycles.

Hi girls, sorry to hear about your anaversary res, I had my own due date around Xmas and its still strange now to think I should have another little one sad I'm lucky to be pregnant again but it never goes!
Good luck to those due to poas, I hope she does stay away!
Someday, that must be tough, I had a reunion meal with friends a fee weeks after my second mc one girl was due the sameish time as my first and another the same month as my second, I found their pregnancys much harder then anyone else's I guess because they were linked to mine in a strange way and even as I've got pregnant there is still a bitter sweetness, it can happen quickly though as I got pregnant this time the cycle after second mc so fx it is quick for you and event free thanks
Good luck with the soy winkle and when, hope the lurgey finishes quickly, hope you've gad plenty of cough syrup wink

P.s thingy I have been obsessed with bumps for the last year where I stare at them and try to work out how far they must be and do they have other children and if so what's the age gap, they must think I'm a right weirdo!!!

RedRobin1 Sat 09-Feb-13 08:21:18

Big hug to all going through a tough time during anniversaries.

thingy gutted abt your temp dropping was really wishin she stayed away this month sad wine chocs and cuddles sounds like a good plan.

winkle well done on the the dtd and dtd with passion smile

I hate the bump envy too kitty my best friend and I both got pregnant in July but sadly mine was a CP and she is six months now. Due on the same date as my cp and sometimes when I see her bump and scan pic I just wish that was me - I should have something growing inside me by now. I just want to feel something in my abdomen again. Bumps make me very sad

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 09-Feb-13 08:55:57

Hi red I totally get the bump envy thing. My first chem preg would have been due 16th Feb. I'm doing ok not dewelling on it. 3 friend are due around that due date (one has already had it).

res yes soy is meant to act like clomid. I think it does the same thing by blocking oestrogen receptors early in your cycle. That makes the body think it is low on oestrogen so it ups production which is meant to improve ovulation.

thingy sorry your temps have dropped.

I'm not sure it worked for me, ovulation came quite early and I got a really achy uterus for about 3 days (that could have just been the cold though).

I am 5dpo and should really dtd tonight to try and get the possible protective benefits of sperm in me. Really not hopeful this month with the wretched cold and I somehow managed to get really drunk last night which won't help matters.

Thingymajigs Sat 09-Feb-13 12:47:25

And... AF has started. I'm trying to figure out if this is cycle 9. I've lost count. :/
Hope you feel better soon when.

weechops Sat 09-Feb-13 15:41:37

Af started today for me too. Cd 33 I think. Dh is away for 3 weeks this week so will miss feb ov. Looks like end of march ov before i get another chance sad

Thingymajigs Sat 09-Feb-13 16:26:57

That is annoying weechops. I really can't complain as I have short cycles and DP is always here, I have a lot of chances. That must be so difficult to work around. Hopefully the end of March will be the one. smile
I'm currently in bed being looked after and pampered, I could get used to this. I might pretend I have AF pains for a full week.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 09-Feb-13 16:50:02

Sorry af is officially here for you thingy and wee especially wee as you will have to wait till march to try again. sad

resipsa Sat 09-Feb-13 21:33:07

Ah you guys, sorry. Expecting it any moment, literally if last month is to go by BUT at nice restaurant with DH (in loo at mo) so nicely distracted!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 09-Feb-13 23:01:15

Restaurant sounds lovely resipsa

We've just dtd. It didn't start well. His mum phoned when we just started foreplay and he answered it angry. To be fair to him he has been worried about his mum as she is coping with caring for his grandmother full time and may not get her contract at work renewed because of the time off.

The phone call lasted 20 minutes. It's a bloody miracle there was any dtd at all.

fatasbutter Sat 09-Feb-13 23:30:31

Wow! [gold star] when! That's pretty impressive!

RedRobin1 Sun 10-Feb-13 02:20:02

Gutter for you both wee and thingy Hope you have some treats and cuddles this weekend.

when mil call must be bloody annoying at that time. Well done on dtd though!

RedRobin1 Sun 10-Feb-13 02:20:15

Gutted*

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Feb-13 08:11:25

I can't believe he answered it when let alone carried on taking for 20 minutes! Unbelievable, glad it worked out ok in the end though. smile
res Did you have a good night? I hope AF stays away for you.
I had two glasses of wine last night and then promptly told DP he might as well get completely wasted on his best friends stag do in May since we were never likely to conceive anyway. blush Oh dear, I had better be super nice to him today to make up for it. Stupid thing is that I'm only on cycle 9, I have no reason to be so negative. So last cycle was relaxed as I had planned but perhaps I needed a bit of positivity to go with that instead of just assuming it wouldn't work anyway. I am so insensitive sometimes.

Thingymajigs Sun 10-Feb-13 08:16:12

*talking.
Sorry, I only ever use MN on my phone. It's a miracle if any of it makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now