CLOMID first timer....

(1000 Posts)
cheekycurls Mon 05-Sep-11 17:52:34

I can't seem to find any clomid threads that are active, so thought I would start this one.

Currently just finished taking my last tablet (50mg) on my first month of clomid, I'm very excited & nervous at the same time.

So many things going on in my head, no one to really talk to, symptoms are a bitch (but must mean something is working if I have symptoms yeah?!) confused

has anyone taken clomid without being monitored? My consultant isn't going to scan me to check on follicles, I just have to go back to see her in 3 weeks (not sure what for?) blush

Really hoping this works! hmm

But if anyone wants to join me on a clomid ride, share info or success stories, feel free to...... smile

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:28:41

Meluv, darling, I am shocked and really sorry about AF arriving. I still believe your body did an amazing thing by ovulating at long last. This was just a dress rehearsal - great things are in store for you thanks

Rosie, I am envy of your forthcoming 100mg dosage.

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:26:08

Help! DP just got home and looked like this when I suggested sex tonight and first thing before work tomorrow: hmm He wants sex exclusively tonight, remarking that trying again in the morning will only produce a 'watery', small amount of sperm. Why does he stubbornly believe this? Why can't he at least try to fuck me twice in the next twelve hours? I'm afraid that, if we only have sex the once, tonight, the sperm will have died by the time I ovulate (which could be midnight tomorrow sad or even early Wednesday sad). Fucking sick of having to do the maths and fretting about ejaculatory issues.

Thanks to Rosie and Christelle...has anybody else got an opinion on this? Before the close of shop tonight?

Rosiechoice Tue 20-Nov-12 19:13:30

meluv I'm so so sorry to hear your af arrived. I was positive you were going to get the elusive BFP! You're so good brushing it off, I must learn from you and keep calm.

I didn't manage to get my blood test sad I just couldn't get away from work, I'm so mad with the woman on the phone. christelle unfortunately I'm dealing with the fertility unit at the nearest hospital, they've been terrible each time I've rung up! But Quite nice when I've had appointments, it says to ring the same number if you need to talk to someone if you're finding things difficult - they're the last people I'd ring if I was struggling! I'm not happy at all. Now I need to up my dose to 100mg next month, I'm worried it'll be too much. Ah well, nothing I can do now. Thanks for all your help and advice ladies.

golden im so glad you have juicy follies

I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all, thank you thanks

Christelle2207 Tue 20-Nov-12 18:42:52

Now! And tomorrow! Do you mean you may ov between tonight and tomorrow or between tomorrow night and thurs?

Well done on two juicy follies!

Meluv Tue 20-Nov-12 18:41:32

Golden am so happy for you lovely all is crossed for this round for you good luck ... As for me my af has arrived sad am upset but brush it off an now for the cyst to be sorted an start my next cycle in dec I will still be on hear waiting for all the news an offering my support big hugs girls xxx

Rosiechoice Tue 20-Nov-12 18:41:22

golden I had a think on my way home and I think if I were you I'd try tonight because of having lots of ewcm, hopefully because there's so much it'll be ideal conditions for the sperm to wait around for you're egg, then again tomorrow night, giving your dp lots of time to restore his 'reserves' BUT to be honest I would go with your gut instinct, you have fantastic knowledge and it is all a guessing game and a lot of luck. I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed for you xx

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 15:09:09

WOW! Tons of ewcm on the toilet paper! When should I have sex? Please advise!

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:42:23

I also asked today whether a 'day 21' progesterone score of 18.5 (like mine was pre-Clomid) categorically signified ovulation had not taken place. She said it may well have occured, however, such low progesterone levels would be unlikely to sustain a pregnancy. Hmm..this is not the same as being told I had not ovulated hmm

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:34:48

We are coming towards the end of this thread. I'll set up the next one in readiness. Here's the link: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1617232-The-Clomid-Crew-Part-2

goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:29:09

Girls, I am fucked off with the way some of you are being treated. Really very cross. Rosie, I'll echo Christelle's question: are you being treated this way by fertility 'experts' or your GP surgery and their usual gaggle of witches on reception? I do not believe GPs or their nurses have a fucking clue about fertility issues. In fact, I know for a fact they don't. Nobody in the health world cares about our temperatures or charts. I'm inclined to agree with Christelle in that you should feel confident you ov'd this month but next month be ready to get your 'day 21' bloods taken when you know is the correct day (seven days after ovulation).

Deja vu here for me: another two juicy follicles measuring 21.7mm and 25mm! I am nowhere near as excited as last time, especially as neither of those two eggs were fertilised sad However, another Clomid myth was dispelled: there is no need for a break from the drug after three months - I have been prescribed for six. They do not wish to scan nor inject me in December but I am entitled to still have day 21 tests if I so wish. They are not prepared to increase my dose to 100mg as 50mg is working so well. The reason Clomid is not prescribed to women in their mid-forties is because their ovarian reserve is poor and over-stimulating their ovaries will simply bring the menopause forward. There is not a risk of this with my FSH levels of 8.5, which he said was 'really very good indeed'. IUI 'does not have sparkling results' and they would urge me to spend my £1000 on 'something more worthwhile'.

So...I'm not walking on air. I've been here before - only four weeks ago - and there's nothing to say these two eggs are capable of being fertilised at my age. All I can do is make sure the sperm is there as close to ovulation as possible, and on that note I would like some advice. If you were me, having had the injection at 11am today and knowing I will ovulate at the earliest at 5pm tomorrow evening and at the latest 11am Wednesday morning, would you have sex tonight and tomorrow morning? Or tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening? (I can't expect DP to do all three in a 36-hour period, not with his ejaculatory issues). I am tempted to refrain until tomorrow morning (12 hours prior to ovulation) and then again in the evening. I am aware of the 'sperm only surviving two hours without ewcm' theory. Even with Pre-seed I am inclined to skip tonight. What do you all think?

Christelle2207 Tue 20-Nov-12 13:06:56

rosie this is really pants. I too had an argument at the GP when my 21 day blood test showed I hadn't ovulated (this was pre-clomid), when I actually am pretty sure I did about day 19.
Following month I had my blood tested at day 25 (think I ovulated day 18) and got a much higher score, despite GP being adamant that day 26 was far too late to prove ovulation. The ignorance in the medical profession with regards to fertility astounds me.
I'm sorry that you may not get your blood test but I'm pretty sure you did ovulate - next cycle get it booked in for the right day?
Are you dealing with fertility clinic or gp? If the former they really should know better.
I doubt a walk in centre would take blood but give them a call?

golden well bang goes my theory! Strange, isn't it. Let us know how your scan goes.

Rosiechoice Tue 20-Nov-12 12:53:44

Thanks meluv I rang and she was a complete bitch, basically saying I shouldn't 'monitor' myself and that the nurse said to test on cd21 because they expected me to ovulate in line with testing on Thursday. They said that I can go down to their department to get another blood test (but very begrudgingly) but the latest time I can go is 4.30 which would mean me leaving work by 3.30 which is almost impossible because of the amount of work (not to mention the fact that I haven't asked to leave early yet). Tomorrow is absolutely out of the question because we're on a photo shoot near Birmingham. They said to see if my gp would do a blood test but as I remember they only test in the middle of the day so would mean me leaving just as early. I think I'm just going to have to give it up sad shit system and awful people! Yes it is my 1st cycle. The only other thing I thought about was if a walk in center takes blood or not? They're open later.

Meluv Tue 20-Nov-12 07:19:24

rosie when I went for my cd 12 scan and they said there was no follies they would consider any good I asked a load of questions an that was only thanks to golden realy for all her great info I said about me not having the average 28 day cycle and I ask was this the case as to why there were no significant follies at the time so they then decided instead of two scans I wud have two lots of blood cd 20 an cd 27 an this was proved I ovulated later on in my cycle golden got the days right to be honest she is far better with her info than most consultants please do try your best and contact them today for another blood test hunny this will put your mind at ease ... Please remind me is this your first cycle of clomid if so they do say it takes the first one for them to realy get to no your cycles big hugs and good luck hope you sort it out x golden is your net back up an running by you now smile good luck with your scan lovely xxx

Rosiechoice Tue 20-Nov-12 06:36:21

Thanks ladies, I'll ring today and try to get there, I know that this is my priority at the moment but work is so busy it's untrue, after having yesterday off its going o be mad, but I'm going in early today so I can try to get things sorted in time. Thanks Meluv did you have to request cd27 bloods or did they just do it automatically? christelle I think they just presume everyone has a 28cycle unless you tell them otherwise and because I hadn't had cycles for the past year I couldn't really tell them any different.
Thanks for all your support, feeling a little more levelheaded about it all today (or at least trying to)
Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday

goldengirl71 Mon 19-Nov-12 23:55:24

O.k..I'm struggling to link exclusively to my July chart but, no matter, here's the link to all my charts. Look at the July one in particular....and they say I hadn't ovulated!! www.fertilityfriend.com/home/goldengirl71

goldengirl71 Mon 19-Nov-12 23:49:44

Christelle, you would think a sustained shift in temp signifies ovulation, wouldn't you? All my charts have showed ovulation has taken place, but when my day 21 bloods scored 18.5 I was told categorically that this meant I had not ovulated. I will try to post a link to my July chart which is the one reflected in my poor day 21 score..and which prompted my consultant to give me Clomid..

Christelle2207 Mon 19-Nov-12 22:37:00

Rosie who told you to get bloods 2 dpo? Seems nuts and a waste of time. Please try and go tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest, I almost promise it w better news. Everything I have read that a sustained temp shift basically confirms ovulation. Hugs x

Meluv Mon 19-Nov-12 22:14:50

Thanks golden lovely gesture an I wish it was so true I wud be over the moon ... But am not so sure with these lil niggling pains am getting on an off I realy do think my af will arrive lovely but hey ho if it does it does I never expected it to work first time for me Infact was not sure if it wud work at all am just so happy my body responding to it Hun big hugs an if I did get a BFP use wud be the first an only peeps to no beside my DP for the first few months grin big hugs hunny an I realy hope things r better between u an your DP use r so good together xx .... rosie my cd 20 bloods showed no ovulation but my cd 27 showed I'd ovulated Hun that is because I have longer cycles than the average 28 so do demand another one hunny and please don't beat yourself up like u have u sound like a lovely person an wud pass on some amazing genes to your lil bundle of joy in the near future big hugs xxx

Rosiechoice Mon 19-Nov-12 21:29:43

Thanks golden I was so shocked I just said thank you and hung up. They didn't tell me the actual score - grrr! Yes, all temps have been high since last week. I'm going to try and get back tomorrow to get my blood taken, but I know that work is going to be manic and I worry if I can get away early! What a blumin nightmare sad I pretty much greeted my DH with tears when I got back after not seeing each other for 3 days, I bet he wishes I hadn't bothered coming back - emotional mess!

goldengirl71 Mon 19-Nov-12 21:09:28

Rosie, I believe you ov'd last Tuesday, too (I remember your temp shift on Wednesday). Did all your post-ov temps remain high? Tomorrow will be seven days past ovulation -please go and have your blood taken again.

goldengirl71 Mon 19-Nov-12 21:06:48

Rosie, absolutely you have had your 'day 21' progesterone test too early. Without a doubt. Please, please, please return tomorrow for a proper one. I promise the result will be different. What score did you get from your result?

Meluv, I am going to stick my neck out and pronounce you pregnant thanks shock grin

Rosiechoice Mon 19-Nov-12 20:43:38

So, my body is f#cked! Rang for my test results and I didn't ovulate even though I had a LH surge, temp change, bloating, cramps and backache. I was visiting my parents (who live 2 1/2hrs away) and burst into their house in tears - oops!! I've then driven all the way back crying on and off and beating myself up about how shit my body is and should I really be considering passing on such shit genes?

A question for you all, I thought I ovulated on Tuesday and had my blood test on Thursday so only 2 days later, would this be far enough away from ovulation for an accurate result? Yes I am clutching at straws but thought you all might have some info on it all. sad beyond belief

This is just not going to happen is it?

Meluv Mon 19-Nov-12 20:33:31

Elo lovely ladies still no af think am cd 39 lost count now with all the excitement had a few niggley cramps today but the painters have stayed away woo hoo no myluv no myluv stay calm they can still cum any time x

Christelle2207 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:08:42

best of luck npg and golden with scans!

npg1 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:08:08

Hi everyone. Well thankfully my monday is nearly over! I am on cd 4 and have my first scan wednesday morning. Not sure what they will be looking for? Yes I do need to busy myself.

I already have 2 childreb aged 10 and 6 and didnt have problems like im having now.

Honeymoon was in maldives!!!! X

This thread is not accepting new messages.