Create a Mumsnet biscuit recipe and you could win a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer worth c£360, courtesy of Tate & Lyle

(91 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-10 16:46:12

Ahead of Fairtrade Fortnight (22 Feb - 7 Mar) and to celebrate two years of commitment from Tate & Lyle to switch to Fairtrade-certification, we're inviting you to submit a recipe for The Mumsnet Biscuit.

It could be one of your tried-and-tested recipes or an entirely new recipe of your invention, but we want recipes we'd all be happy to give to our kids wink using Fairtrade ingredients that are readily available.

Please upload your recipe and then post the title of your recipe on this thread by 15 Feb.

We'll choose our favourite three recipes from those submitted, make them and have a tasting session in HQ (tough job but someone has to do it grin).

The winning recipe will be announced on 26 Feb.

The creator of the winning Mumsnet biscuit recipe will win a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer.

May the best biscuit win

lou031205 Fri 29-Jan-10 16:50:10

Oh, I certainly will. Is it the best tasting recipe, the most 'fairtrade' or the recipe with the most MN name, that will win?

BadGardener Fri 29-Jan-10 16:51:35

How exciting!
So do all the ingredients have to be available in a Fairtrade version?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-10 16:53:09

No, just as many as reasonably possible. And lou, well, it'll be a combination of all those ingredients!! grin

BadGardener Fri 29-Jan-10 16:55:55

Are we only allowed one recipe each? DD and I are having an argument about which one to submit smile

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-10 17:01:14

No, upload as many as you want and you can always number them as Mumsnet biscuit 1, 2 etc.

Doesn't matter if lots have the same name, as long as we can tell who uploaded which one.

So make sure your nickname will display when you upload your recipe(s) and then nip back here to post that you've uploaded one.

Will check back on this thread later this pm to see if any other questions/things that aren't clear, but got to go shortly, so if radio silence that's why

BadGardener Fri 29-Jan-10 17:13:16

Thank you Geraldine. smile

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-10 20:00:06

Just checking back (flat battery in car, long journey home sad) and having had time to reflect waiting for AA bloke, think it's probably better if you use descriptive titles for recipes as usual, because easier for people to search for 'ginger biscuits', say, than 'MN biscuits'.

Hope that makes sense. Main thing though, is that we know who uploaded which recipe.

Heated Fri 29-Jan-10 22:04:43

Sublime Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Biscuits

MmeLindt Fri 29-Jan-10 22:07:09

Is this open to overseas MNetters?

<covets Kitchenaid>

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-10 22:10:57

I don't know MmeLindt, I'll check.

MamaG Sat 30-Jan-10 22:15:57

Choc biscuits with soft choc centres

MamaG Sat 30-Jan-10 22:20:26

Choc macadamia biscuits

Fibilou Sun 31-Jan-10 10:46:03

I have submitted my recipe "Gooey chocolate chip cookies"

An undoubted winner, perfected over the years. DH has one in his mouth right now grin

Dozymare Sun 31-Jan-10 21:01:54

I have submitted my recipe for Ginger Crunch or Amaaretto crunch or Lemon Crunch (you get the idea I hope that this is a versatile recipe that can be adapted based on the contents of your store cupboard)

Have to admit was reluctant to share this as everyone thinks I am the mater biscuit maker and if any friends MN, I will be discovered...However my need for Kitchenaid mixer is far greater than my need to remain Queen of the biscuits!

Good luck everyone

Dozymare Sun 31-Jan-10 21:03:10

blush reading back, am shock at my appalling lack of grammar!

hobbgoblin Mon 01-Feb-10 09:57:16

Are you really going to make tricky recipes?

I don't have one but was thinking of making one up.

I might make the 'Fair Trade, avenge your mother in law' biscuit. Would you make that? It would include arsenic

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Feb-10 12:20:04

MmeLindt, very sorry but this comp only open to UK members (would cost more to post the mixer than to buy it, virtually). Apologies.

Here are the T&Cs:

This competition is open to UK residents except employees of Mumsnet and anyone associated with these promotions. The closing date for entries is midnight 15 February 2010 and the winner will be announced on 26 February. Winner must reply with details requested within two weeks from the date notice of winning was sent or they will forfeit their prize. No cash alternatives or substitutions; the prizes are not transferable.

Romanarama Mon 01-Feb-10 12:23:21

How about overseas mners whos own mums nonetheless live in the UK and will receive the kitchenaid on their behalf?

GrimmaTheNome Mon 01-Feb-10 12:26:21

Will MN be sending a box of the winning biscuit to the leaders of all political parties so that they can subsequently demonstrate their sycophancy? grin

Hassled Mon 01-Feb-10 12:39:49

Have plagiarised someone else's recipe - I really can't claim it as my own. But assuming that's OK, I've posted an idiot-proof Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.

I did this before I saw that Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies are already there - will have to try those now.

moans in dispair...I need a mixer for the caff! But biccies?

imaginewittynamehere Mon 01-Feb-10 14:58:13

Lemon biscuits added, simple but a classic.
<covets kitchen aid>

MrsBadger Mon 01-Feb-10 16:16:50

Easy Emergency Biscuits

(MrsB - helping amuse desperate mothers toddlers on rainy afternoons since 2001)

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 01-Feb-10 18:26:17

added, Chunky Monkies.... smile delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now