Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mini-trazzle and his candles vs. neuroblastoma

(999 Posts)
Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Mon 15-Oct-12 22:53:18

Hi, continuity thread for my little DS (3) who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma last week. Much gratitude for all the support the Trazzles have received. You nasty nest of vipers, you grin

blizy Wed 17-Oct-12 08:25:05

Good morning trazzle, I hope your little man has a better day today. I'm shocked at your friend, some people just don't have a clue!

Chippychop Wed 17-Oct-12 08:27:05

Come on trazzle..., give me that hand... We're off to kick the big c in the ass, clean the fridge with the bicarbonate and use the lime for a mojhito as suggested earlier... Xxxx

Hi Trazzle, I hope you and DS have a better day. Lots of love and light and refreshing sea air from the Sussex coast.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 17-Oct-12 09:31:20

Bicarb & Lime eh - what on earth are all of those researchers wasting their time on then?!

<We need a really good eye roll emoticon!! - This will have to do for now hmm>

His NG tube sounds awful, poor little man sad Have you been able to convince him to leave it where it is & not try to pull it out?

How was his tummy last night? Waitrose do a botty butter that seems quite good for preventing a sore tush and it's nice to apply (well, I can only speak from the applicator end!!).

Any chance of you getting home today?

Lots of love & strength from a sunny Hampshire smile

Hippymama Wed 17-Oct-12 09:32:42

Hello Trazzle, so sorry to read about what your beautiful little boy is going through right now sad

Hugs and a great beam of light coming from north Shropshire xxx

ToffeeWhirl Wed 17-Oct-12 10:04:22

Hope today goes well, Trazzle, and that you get to take DS home.

Astonishingly, there is loads on the internet about baking soda curing cancer hmm. There is even a medical study on it in relation to breast cancer (here). I remain very sceptical, but it does show that at least your friend was trying to be helpful.

ToffeeWhirl Wed 17-Oct-12 10:05:27

Am not condoning her suggestion, by the way!

tholeon Wed 17-Oct-12 10:31:29

Friend sounds pretty dim... Hope you have better real life support, as well as your lovely mum of course?

In north Surrey for light x

Badvoc Wed 17-Oct-12 10:34:37

Thinking of you all xxxx

tholeon Wed 17-Oct-12 10:36:00

Ps i bought a book called what can I do to help by Deborah Hutton when my dad had cancer, for friends and family about how they can help. Might be worth mentioning to people?

pepperrabbit Wed 17-Oct-12 10:41:17

Thinking of you all this morning, another light from sunny NE Hampshire.

ShiftyFades Wed 17-Oct-12 12:53:56

Morning Trazzle and family. Hope you are doing okay today.
hmm at your friend for the inappropriate comments. Even IF it ever turns out to be true, it's not something that should have been said to you. Sounds like she went to the same school of tact as my mum!

THERhubarb Wed 17-Oct-12 14:10:55

The bicarb nonsense was started by a Dr Simoncini who has already been convicted of causing wrongful death and swindling by a judge in Italy.

The idea that cancer is a yeast infection is preposterous.

Keep well Trazzle, there are always nutters around ready to use any situation as a platform for their own silly ideas. Hugs to your dd and ds x

Doobydoo Wed 17-Oct-12 16:11:45

Blimmin heck Trazzle at your so called friend!My friend has Rheumatoid Arthritis and her sister said to just have Milk Thisltle...that will sort ithmm
Hope you all home soon.In my thoughts every day.

dikkertjedap Wed 17-Oct-12 16:50:39

I hope he is feeling a bit better and able to go home today.

How is it going with the NG tube, is your son getting used to it or is he still fighting it? If you need to use the NG tube at home, I know that there is a support thread on Mumsnet in the Special Needs section. I will try to find the link.

Your friend was probably trying to be helpful but unfortunately there are lots of people who don't understand the difference between evidence based medicine and nonsense being peddled.

I hope you all had a better day today and that you can all together have some peace and quiet at home.

You are doing an amazing job, as is your son!

x

dikkertjedap Wed 17-Oct-12 16:52:56
Clumsasaurus Wed 17-Oct-12 17:16:56

Lighting up london for you..

Could I borrow the bicarbonate? I use it to deodorise my DH's trainers!

I hope your DS is hanging in there and giving his fab mummy some smiles when he feels up to it xx

123caughtaflea Wed 17-Oct-12 20:59:11

Thinking of you and adding a new candle flame tonight:

www.gratefulness.org/candles (group = TT)

x

barefootcook Wed 17-Oct-12 21:25:47

Hi there Trazzles- just sending some positive thoughts from Wellington, NZ. Hope your day has been okay and the little guy is feeling a bit more perky.

Badvoc Wed 17-Oct-12 21:34:31

Sending love from rural leicstershire x

whatinthewhatnow Wed 17-Oct-12 21:51:55

hi trazzle, just marking place and hoping you're all doing ok tonight. lime is best in a gin and tonic, quackery is best in the loony bin.

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Wed 17-Oct-12 22:58:01

Well hello! I am typing this while lying in a proper bed with my wonderful DH beside me (tmi!) but this can only mean one thing... We're home!!!

Finally got discharged after 7pm but got DS settled straight in to bed. Managed to set up his pump and overnight feed without waking him up! And administered meds. Soooooo much easier!

DS has just lain in bed all day watching tv. Could barely even crack a smile. His right thumb is totally gross as he's been sucking it near constantly since Friday. As soon as we mentioned going home he was like a different child! Smiling... Talking... He is so beautiful.

Oh and I really love my bed.

Badvoc Wed 17-Oct-12 23:01:06

Wonderful news!
Am so very pleased for you all.
Hope your ds continues to improve now he is home x

Lovely image of a happy DS, hope you all have a good night.

JustSpidero Wed 17-Oct-12 23:02:53

smile glad to see you're home and DS is happier and settled.

Sleep well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now