February Picture book of the month: The Shape of My Heart by Mark Sperring and Alys Paterson

(29 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Feb-13 18:11:18

Our February Picture Book of the Month is The Shape of My Heart by Mark Sperring and Alys Paterson. This book leaped out at us when it arrived at MNHQ because of the beautiful illustrations which explore the shapes of everyday objects and scenes. Children will love spotting familiar shapes on every page. Apply for one of fifty free copies, join the discussion on this thread and tell us what you and your dcs think and you'll be entered into a draw to win £100 of Bloomsbury children's books.

preety18 Wed 27-Feb-13 10:16:01

I loved this book read it my little one. There was loads of colour and shapes to talk about and what was going on too. The colours were so bright and was able to keep little focus on the book while I was reading it to her.

Bakingtins Wed 27-Feb-13 14:32:35

My 2.5 yr old really enjoyed this book. The simple illustrations are very bright and eye-catching and there are lots of objects to spot. Great for practising shapes and colours and a gentle storyline leading towards bedtime. Thanks again for the copy.

Helium321 Wed 03-Apr-13 22:15:46

We finally managed to take our copy of this book to our toddler group and it was a huge hit with many parents and toddlers. The simplicity of the book and the brightness of the book was commented on by many parents who felt it was aimed at the younger kids (which for them was a plus) they loved the open-ended(ness) this creates, that you can talk about many things and let the kids explore their imagination as they get older.

Helium321 Fri 03-May-13 16:00:17

Just wondering was there a prize draw for this month?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now