Amazing teen fiction suggestions

(58 Posts)
Engelsmeisje Sun 15-Apr-12 18:47:46

I am an avid teen fiction reader (English teacher, so can always pretend I’m buying books for professional purposes when DH complains grin ). However, am in mainland Europe and don’t often get the chance to browse in an English language bookshop. Amazon is fine for buying what you want, but no good for browsing. Used to rely on an amazing librarian when I was teaching in the UK for recommendations.

So am feeling out of touch and would like some suggestions for some great teen fiction. I love Meg Roscoff, Marcus Sedgewick, Patrick Ness…and have read things like Alex Rider, Twilight, Hunger Games.

Any suggestions gratefully received…

Wordebitemaria Mon 04-Feb-13 13:15:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MuddlingMackem Tue 05-Feb-13 14:23:09

Third the Exodus books.

What about:

- Phoenix Files by Chris Morphew (although wait until the last one is out in July)

- The Superhumans by Andrew Tayler

- Angel Trilogy by L A Weatherly (although still waiting on the final one of these as well sad )

And of course anything by Malcolm Rose. grin

Esker Tue 19-Feb-13 23:53:12

Have you read Unwind by Neil Shusterman? Dystopic future in which certain teens are selected to be 'unwound' and used as organ donors.

Also just read The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna. A future in which people can basically have clones of themselves to be their understudies in case they die.

Both good, although I haven't come across anything lately that had me as gripped as The Hunger Games hmm

madamehooch Wed 20-Feb-13 08:53:00

Have just discovered John Greensmile

VivaLeBeaver Wed 20-Feb-13 09:01:23

Someone's beaten me to suggesting the Tomorrow When The War Began series. Fab, fab books. I read them last year and was totally hooked.

schmalex Fri 22-Feb-13 05:56:27

Yy to John Green. Looking for Alaska made me weep!

Littleturkish Fri 22-Feb-13 06:08:22

Wonder by R J Palacio is a new one the I HIGHLY rate. I like all of the authors on your OP.

Keith Grey is another favourite of mine.

Iaintdunnuffink Wed 06-Mar-13 14:28:54

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now