And our loved-up February Book of the Month is...THE ENCHANTED APRIL by Elizabeth Von Arnim (discussion Tuesday 24 February)

(103 Posts)

We'll be chatting about our Book of the Month, THE ENCHANTED APRIL by Elizabeth Von Arnim, a witty, escapist classic, here on Tuesday 24 February from 8-10pm.

Don't forget you can order your copy here

Keen to know how the votes turned out? Have a snoop at the results here

And, for anyone who missed them first time round, here were February's passion-filled book choices

Virginia Woolf... hmm tried hard with her but not for me. Found I had to concentrate too much whereas Enchanted April was an easy read. But I wouldn't have read it if I hadn't joined the book club, I'm enjoying reading stuff I wouldn't have otherwise picked up

Agree that book club is a good way of reading things you wouldn't normally choose. Have reserved next month's book from the library - see you at the end of March!

Racking brains for an escapist read with more bite. Trying to remember stories where characters are discovering their true selves in hot country and can only come up with Evelyn Waugh's Scoop - not quite what we were looking for but incredibly funny all the same.

What a great night's chat, thanks everyone. I've loved doing this book.

See you on Tue 31 March to discuss WHAT WAS LOST by Catherine O'Flynn. Hoping to get an author chat for this one, will keep you posted...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now