Ah-hmm... MNHQ!! Email for Little Brown not working!

(71 Posts)
tablefor3 Tue 13-Sep-11 21:18:50

Ah yes. Perhaps it's because I am too slow, but the email for Little Brown for "How Mothers Love" is bouncing back.

Please can you get Little Brown to fix and give me a free copy for pointing this out

Michiem Thu 29-Sep-11 21:26:00

Got mine today too grin

AlmaMartyr Thu 29-Sep-11 20:09:37

Mine arrived today, very happy!

prolificwillybreeder Thu 29-Sep-11 15:19:49

Mine came today.
Thank you so much!

gailforce1 Thu 29-Sep-11 14:48:47

Just got mine, Thank you!!

3become4 Thu 29-Sep-11 10:14:30

Oooh got mine! Thank you

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Sep-11 11:28:36

The copies of How Mothers Love were sent out by second-class post yesterday so should be with you by the end of the week. Do come back and let us know what you think on this thread once you've had chance to read it.

aristocat Fri 23-Sep-11 21:13:06

my email kept being returned to me aswell sad and i had given up

3become4 Mon 19-Sep-11 08:33:02

Cor! Only just has chance to check. Assumed I wasn't going to get a book as I hadn't had an email but I am. Yay! Thank you

Earwigg Fri 16-Sep-11 17:07:41

Oh no, only just had chance to check back, no book for me then.

Cheria Fri 16-Sep-11 16:57:02

Yay!!! Thanks!

YougreatPamplemousse Fri 16-Sep-11 16:32:47

That is even worse! I got home discovered the thing closed at 4 contemplated pushing my luck with an e-mail and thought 'nah, why waste my time and theirs' and then the terms change and I cold have got one! I am not bitter just sulking!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Sep-11 16:14:16

Yes, they did get a few through when the problems were on-going, so yours was probably one of those and you will get a copy.

Cheria Fri 16-Sep-11 11:55:19

What about if we emailed them during the problems and didn't get an autoatic message, assuming therefore the email went through. Do we still get a copy?

prolificwillybreeder Fri 16-Sep-11 09:35:19

Hurray! Great news Rachelmumsnet
Thanks for all your help. unfortunately DS1 has found the night garden book I hid... It's going to be a long morning!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-11 22:40:19

Just to keep you posted; if you've emailed before 6.30pm then the great news is that you're safe to receive a copy of the book consequently Little Brown will not be sending out confirmation emails, just take it you will be getting a book. We'll post next week to let you know that they've been sent out. Sorry to those who missed out and massive apologies for the mess up yesterday with Little Brown.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YougreatPamplemousse Thu 15-Sep-11 16:50:06

Buggering buggery!!! We have had no power all day so I couldn't mail and now I see the 4pm deadline and I've missed it! sad

TheRealMBJ Thu 15-Sep-11 12:08:02

Thank you. Seems very fair smile

<Fingers crossed>

bigbadbarry Thu 15-Sep-11 11:23:51

Hooray! Now, fingers crossed smile

3become4 Thu 15-Sep-11 11:15:15

Thanks. Seems fair. Just hope I get one!

Crystalmom Thu 15-Sep-11 10:44:15

Oooh thanks that's great smile

katiewalters Thu 15-Sep-11 10:24:53

thanks for letting me know, just emailed. thats a good idea of how to sort it. fingers crossed i get one :-)

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-11 10:11:50

Okay, so we've been on the phone to Little Brown this morning and the good news is that the email address is now working.

Great news is that to apologise for the frustration this has caused, Little Brown have agreed to giveaway 100 copies of How Mothers Love - that's double the books they had originally offered.

We've decided the fairest way to deal with the situation is this: If you want a copy of the book, send one email with your postal address to Howmotherslove@littlebrown.co.uk anytime up until 4pm today. Little Brown will then collect all the email addresses, including those that did go through yesterday or earlier this morning and draw 100 names randomly out of a hat. They will notify all people who will receive copies of the book by email before the end of the week. We're also talking with Little Brown about getting Naomi Stradlen on Mumsnet for a live webchat - we'll keep you posted on this.

Squiffie Wed 14-Sep-11 21:56:48

I posted elswhere too - very frustrating. I REALLY wanted to read this one!

DazR Wed 14-Sep-11 20:43:25

I couldn't sleep last night and noticed the book offer on my 'phone so emailed back immediately (2.45am) - email went fine - no problems. Will I have to resend tomorrow or will they have received my email??? Thought I had managed to successfully apply this time!!! Good old insomnia.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now