PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

BlogFest here we come! The thread for intros, questions, wibbling and chit-chat...

(96 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Oct-12 13:53:50

Hello all

Tickets are selling out fast, so we thought it was time for a sticky thread dedicated to anything and everything BlogFest... This is the place for introductions, questions, excitedness, nerves, wardrobe crises and meetings-up.

Do grab an "I'm attending Blogfest" badge to let other bloggers know you'll be there.

Join StitchThis' blogalong here and send out live updates from BlogFest. <Gets out pukka pad>

JaxB has done a lovely linky over here - so scribble a quick intro post on your blog, zip over to hers, and add it in. Don't forget to upload a pic so that others can recognise you - as jax says, it's all a bit less nerve-wracking if you've got a mental image of who your fellow BlogFesters are going to be <considers updating Twitter profile to something which actually looks like me>.

You can also pop over to Facebook and join our event page.

We've got a lovely FAQ page over here, but if you're puzzled or uncertain about anything, let us know on this thread and we'll try to answer as quickly as we can.

borninastorm Fri 09-Nov-12 14:33:05

PS I'm not nervous at all just pleased to be getting there.
And nervousness is really just a fear of the unknown, and if you think about it we're all taking a step into the unknown tomorrow, so we'll all be nervous it's just that some of us will hide it better than others.
And at least we're not on stage giving a talk - that's gotta be really nerve wracking!!!

BCBG Fri 09-Nov-12 15:19:49

Hi, Euphy....might sneak into the corner grin

BIWI Fri 09-Nov-12 17:07:52

I'm going to wear my MN meet up badge, so you can pick me out! It's big and round and pink, so if you spot it, please come and say hello. smile

I'm a real novice re blogging, so very much looking forward to it.

I don't 'know' anyone, but have talked on here and Twitter to a few people.

I'll be the one with 24-hole DM boots (if I can get them laced up in time at sparrow's fart tomorrow morning). And I may have some knitting...

Rosa78 Fri 09-Nov-12 18:09:56

Hello,

I have a spare ticket for Blogfest. Who is interested?
Let me know asap! Thanks

MmeLindor Fri 09-Nov-12 19:35:56

Bcbg
Hope you can make it.

I'm in That London. wink

Going to have an early night. Am in an extremely orange hotel but its cheap and near to Blogfest venue.

I have some books from my publisher that you can win so make sure you are following me on twitter if you want to win one. Will do a competition during Blogfest and hand them out tomorrow.

I'm doing the Blogclinic in the afternoon so do come along and say hello. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

BIWI Fri 09-Nov-12 19:36:43

Will you have a chance to sneak away at any point for a drink, Mme?

Stitchthis Fri 09-Nov-12 20:25:49

Oh pls say yes, I've just shelled out for a taxi to the railway son so I can have a tipple .... Might need a drink as it looks like I might be doing the Blogalong (almost) alone...sob..sob..any volunteers? This could be magnificent <goes all dramatic>

Stitchthis Fri 09-Nov-12 20:26:13

Stn not son

BCBG Fri 09-Nov-12 20:54:40

Stitch I may come after all. I'll be in the corner with Fivehours and Euphy, so if I am I will find you so you can explain how I get my blog onto your linky thing and what on earth I am supposed to be talking about...

Stitchthis Fri 09-Nov-12 20:54:43

Here's the link to the Blogalong list......do I have to beg?!?! I can do....

Stitchthis Fri 09-Nov-12 20:57:49

Yay!!!! Write your blog post and then go onto the linky page via the link on the message I've just left here or here and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There's a link to the instructions. If I can do it ANYONE can!!!! Which bit do you want to do? We can tap tap tap together ?!??!

MmeLindor Fri 09-Nov-12 21:31:35

Are we not all going out for a glass of wine or two afterwards?

Am not spending another night in this orange den

Stitchthis Fri 09-Nov-12 23:35:40

I'm up for a snifter

pebbles77 Sat 10-Nov-12 00:04:08

I've never said no to a glass of vino so I'm in

BCBG Sat 10-Nov-12 11:03:04

Stitch, I've tried really hard! www.agasagas.wordpress.com but the link is tricky and I'm not sure I've done it properly sad

Stitchthis Sun 11-Nov-12 14:40:38

Thankyou!! I'll sort itgrin

MmeLindor Sun 11-Nov-12 20:22:52

Stitch
I'm halfway through bit my PC is slow as a slow thing tonight. Not loading anything at all.

Stitchthis Sun 11-Nov-12 20:29:12

I've only just got dc to bed and had 4 hrs sleep. Lets post tomorrow. Liz jones is today's topic anyway grin

Not sure if there's a thread started for post-event blogposts yet. Here's my take on it all: www.actuallymummy.co.uk/2012/11/11/what-do-mumsnet-lush-and-liz-have-in-common/

DillyTante Sun 11-Nov-12 22:47:09

Good idea. Have started one here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now