Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

BlogFest here we come! The thread for intros, questions, wibbling and chit-chat...

(96 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Oct-12 13:53:50

Hello all

Tickets are selling out fast, so we thought it was time for a sticky thread dedicated to anything and everything BlogFest... This is the place for introductions, questions, excitedness, nerves, wardrobe crises and meetings-up.

Do grab an "I'm attending Blogfest" badge to let other bloggers know you'll be there.

Join StitchThis' blogalong here and send out live updates from BlogFest. <Gets out pukka pad>

JaxB has done a lovely linky over here - so scribble a quick intro post on your blog, zip over to hers, and add it in. Don't forget to upload a pic so that others can recognise you - as jax says, it's all a bit less nerve-wracking if you've got a mental image of who your fellow BlogFesters are going to be <considers updating Twitter profile to something which actually looks like me>.

You can also pop over to Facebook and join our event page.

We've got a lovely FAQ page over here, but if you're puzzled or uncertain about anything, let us know on this thread and we'll try to answer as quickly as we can.

DillyTante Thu 11-Oct-12 20:43:46

It's true, I'm like a freaking Mumsnet evangelist. I'm recruiting! Pebbles said MmeLindor and I inspired her to blog, and one of my readers signed up for BlogFest because of me. You can send the cheque in the post.

ElenMumsnetBloggers (MNHQ) Fri 12-Oct-12 13:14:37

borninastorm

I've registered for BlogFest and it said we'd get asked which sessions we wanted to register for when we signed up but I wasn't asked this.

Will I get an email asking me or will I get asked on the day?

grin

Hi borninastorm,

If you've bought a ticket then we've already sent you a quick email with bits and bobs of information about BlogFest and how to stay in the loop.

We'll be sending you ANOTHER email to ask what breakout sessions you want to sign up for in the next week or so.

Because we're nice like that grin

Bex66 Fri 12-Oct-12 13:23:49

pebbles, I have just bitten the bullet too and bought a ticket even though DH didn't want me to go as he thinks conferences are a waste of time and money - mind you he does go to very boring legal conferences! But having got my second sponsorship deal through yesterday for the blog and having realised I can offset cost against my previous income for the year, have just signed up!! i'm just at the stage now with the blog where it has started to go commercial and I have loads of questions so hoping to meet up with some experienced bloggers who can answer them (and not so experienced bloggers for fun and a chat!!). My blog is How I Lost Weight

GetLippie Fri 12-Oct-12 13:39:51

Hello! I'm really looking forward to BlogFest, and really looking forward to meeting people as well! Hoping we get more information on sessions and so on soon.

pebbles77 Sat 13-Oct-12 13:55:02

oooo well done Bex66. So glad that sponsorship deals are coming through - how exciting. I have really high hopes of BlogFest and am really looking forward to it.

See you then

chillibite Wed 17-Oct-12 16:29:08

This blog fest programme seems to be getting better and better. I am so excited every time I look at it - I forget I actually don't have a blog yet.
I'm sure it's great for beginners - what have you got to lose? It sounds like a great day out, even if you've never heard about blogging.

Personally, I'm hoping it will make me take my finger out and actually start writing... as opposed to thinking up excuses for why people like me can't possibly ever start a blog...

DillyTante Wed 17-Oct-12 18:01:22

Right, seriously,what is everyone wearing:

Casual
Smart casual
Business casual
Business
Dressy
Cocktail
Wedding

Help! I've picked a necklace but so far that's all I'm wearing.

TheaJTS Wed 17-Oct-12 18:23:33

Hi all,
I'm brand new to Mumsnet and brand new to blogging (and very excited about both) and I just found out about the BlogFest TODAY... and it's SOLD OUT - sob!!!
So, does anyone have a ticket they want/need to sell???
If so I'd be a very, very grateful recipient.
Thanks so much,
Thea

BigBroomstickBIWI Wed 17-Oct-12 18:26:32

I've just written my fourth ever blog post
[proud]

I'm looking forward to the day very much, although am also terrified ... grin

BigBroomstickBIWI Wed 17-Oct-12 18:42:44

Now number 5

<on a roll>

pebbles77 Fri 19-Oct-12 11:42:33

Well DillyDante I haven't worked since having kids 5 years ago and am a good 4 stone heavier than then so it doesn't look like it'll be work smart and I suppose tracksuit bottoms are out as far too casual so I think jeans and smartish/baggy top of some sort smile

Luckily I've just found a blogger who lives down the road from me so we are going to go together so I'm feeling a little big more confident.

In all seriousness though if you are really nervous and would like a friendly face please please pm me your mobile and i'll pm back with mine and then we can arrange to meet a few minutes early so you have someone to go in with.

Really looking forward to it

BigBroomstick - what's your blog address?

BigBroomstickBIWI Fri 19-Oct-12 14:01:38

pebbles - I'm not in the Mumsnet Bloggers network, so I'm not sure I'm allowed to put my blog address here

DillyTante Fri 19-Oct-12 14:32:31

Thea have you seen this competition for a ticket?

MmeGuillotine Fri 19-Oct-12 15:14:10

Dilly, I think I'm wearing my beloved Viv of Holloway pirate dress and heels plus NEW HAIR COLOUR for a bit of confidence. ;)

chiarachiara Fri 19-Oct-12 18:24:10

Anyone in need of a ticket?
I've bought my ticket but unfortunately won't be able to attend the event.
Write me at machedavveroATgmail.com

DillyTante Fri 19-Oct-12 22:15:25

Sounds v cool MmeGuillotine. I shall be practically frumpy in comparison smile

Bless you pebbles for the offer. I'm feeling surprising cool about it really, partly because I feel at home with lots of you guys but also am lucky to have a companion in Stitch This. We are not actually going together but are local friends who discovered we both mumsnetted years ago, and both got into the blogging/crafting thing at the same time.

TheaJTS Sun 21-Oct-12 08:12:55

Thanks Dilly for the link. I'm in touch with Chiara who is selling her ticket, so fingers crossed :-)

NelHomeSchoolHappy Sun 21-Oct-12 09:07:33

Just got my train ticket yesterday! Really excited.

TheaJTS Thu 25-Oct-12 20:58:48

Hurrah!! OK, all sorted - ticket bought and BlogFest here I come…

(Now I just need to get my blog up and running blush)

choochy Fri 26-Oct-12 12:23:09

Really worried now as I don't know anyone and will feel like new girl at school walking in to BlogFest!! And no idea what to wear. Not been to London for ages and ages so will probably be looking like a right country bumpkin.....

choochy @ www.stumblinginflats.com

Stitchthis Sat 27-Oct-12 22:04:52

Hey I finally managed to get a linky sorted for the blog along! I think that's the best way of collecting everyone's contributions while making sure we all get increased traffic (I've set it as a blog hop too). The wherewithal is up on my blog - either in today's post or on the dedicated Blogfest page I have also set up.

If you want to join in please email, PM or post a comment letting me know which session you will blog about. The idea is to get real time blog posts covering each session so we build a composite picture of the day. It's either going to be magnificent or mouldy......gulp. If you're up for the former please let me know!!

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. No idea what to wear but then I never do smile

DillyTante Thu 01-Nov-12 21:45:15

Not long...! I've narrowed it down to two three outfits smile

pebbles77 Sat 03-Nov-12 18:14:31

Only a week away - very excited smile

DillyTante Sun 04-Nov-12 18:28:38

<skips with glee>

Ohh- just seen this. I'm coming too but have to get through the week first!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now