SouthSea's All American Baby thread

(316 Posts)
duchesse Sun 13-Feb-11 09:42:26

New thread for well-wishers to leave messages! And for Southsea to leave links to photos of the Pebble (hint hint) [you don't have to Southsea)

Canella Sun 13-Feb-11 16:36:33

Aw Southsea - gorgeous photos of Thomas and you!! You look really well!! Too exciting that you get to get out tomorrow but can see how strange it'll be to leave esp when he'll still be there!! I'm sure he'll get out soon enough and then you can finally make those exciting plans to bring him back to the UK!!!

Jacksmania Sun 13-Feb-11 16:37:01

Oh my goodness, what a little muffin!!! He's adorable!! He does look bigger than 4 lbs - must be that cute little rounded tummy. Awwww... I love newborns!
Congratulations southsea!!! (again)

I must have missed the double-handed pumping post... LOL!
xxxxxxxx

BonzoDooDah Sun 13-Feb-11 16:41:31

Congratulations Southsea! Wonderful news and gorgeous photos. So glad you are both okay after this ordeal.

Good luck on your first trip out - wow it's a whole different year now grin

lostinwales Sun 13-Feb-11 16:43:20

Gorgeous, so many congratulations and you look so beautiful too. I have a big tear in my eye, lots of love to little Thomas (I have a Tomos, same but Welsh version) So lovely, I'm going to grin for the rest of the afternoon.

Truffkin Sun 13-Feb-11 16:45:13

Huge congrats and dramatic to the very end! You sound over the moon, am very pleased to have got to this good news end to the story! Enjoy your son and your new found freedom grin

franke Sun 13-Feb-11 16:47:41

Aw, what a lovely little baby smile He looks very robust.

Ahh he looks gorgeous, I'm sure he's being spoiled well looked after by those lovely nurses!

Southsea, when you get discharged, remember he IS in the best place for him at the moment. Take a few hours, go and have a lovely relaxing bath, and DO NOT FEEL GUILTY for leaving him for a little while so you can take care of yourself.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures, he is gorgeous! and doesn't he look big!

Hands-free double pumping with 4 hair elastics and a nursing bra here - no special equipment needed!

Eglu Sun 13-Feb-11 17:14:17

Just lovely to see pictures of Baby Thomas. Samuel is a great middle name.

He looks great.

Doobydoo Sun 13-Feb-11 17:16:02

Fab pics.Thanks so much He looks a really good size!
WELL DONEgrin

ozzysocks Sun 13-Feb-11 17:16:08

Aw lovely pics he is beautiful, glad you are doing so well!

ohboob Sun 13-Feb-11 17:21:41

What a gorgeous boy.

Lovely to see photos so thank you!

BoobyMcLeaky Sun 13-Feb-11 17:25:13

He's beautiful Southsea. Congratulations (again).

eatyourveg Sun 13-Feb-11 18:53:45

I'm sure someone said it way back somewhere in the first thread, but you really should print off these threads and put them in Thomas's memory box. It is such an incredible tale to tell him about when he's older.

Love the pics too

oooggs Sun 13-Feb-11 19:24:17

great pictures he looks yummy

<<<<<<disclaimer: not broody at all>>>>>>>>>>
wink

Oh wow! Thomas is gorgeous! And you don't look too bad for all those hours of labour either! [gin] Such a shame I'm miles from southsea, I'd love to come to a meet up!

HalleLouja Sun 13-Feb-11 19:50:45

Photos are beautiful - well done you. Small babies doesn't mean less pain well that is what I heard!

Lcy Sun 13-Feb-11 19:51:29

He is gorgeous. Well done you xx

smokeybacon Sun 13-Feb-11 20:04:33

<kicks self for not checking thread last night>

What a gorgeous boy! Well done you.

sparkleshine Sun 13-Feb-11 20:06:21

Awww he is adorable and sooo cute, I could just take him home myself.
Well done...you look great post birth.

Also agree he looks much bigger than 4lbs, but sometimes I guess you can't tell unless they are compared to another object IYKWIM

Have a lovely long soak in the bath, you deserve it.
I'm sure you will be having so many mixed feelings about leaving tomorrow but the frsh air will do you good for starters.

muddyangels123 Sun 13-Feb-11 20:13:42

Southsea,He's beautiful.
Well done you.

bubbles12 Sun 13-Feb-11 20:19:30

Another congratulations message!
Such a lovely name and such a special time for you all.

tadjennyp Sun 13-Feb-11 20:26:51

Aw, Thomas is lovely southsea grin . I have a baby Samuel Jude born in the US 8 days ago on the 5th - so I think Samuel is a great name to celebrate his American-ness! smile

mejon Sun 13-Feb-11 20:26:56

Well done, congratulations and welcome little Thomas! I've been following your story but not as closely this past week or so as I have my own newborn keeping me awake all night feeding so my MN time has been limited. Great photos too.

Pumble Sun 13-Feb-11 20:51:15

Congratulations to you all! My DH and I have been following your thread lurking blush from the beginning and are so pleased that you are all doing so well - and Thomas is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now