What did your DC want to name their siblings? Or their future DC?

(44 Posts)
skratta Sat 02-Feb-13 23:23:25

DD3 was three,, but due to SN, had the mental development of a two year old. and came up with some inspired name choices when we had DS and wanted Flop, Fireman, Barney or Plinkaplonk. We suggested a compromise of Sam instead of Fireman but I was met with 'Sam not fireman <sound of disgust> Sam chinchilla .

Where she got that from, I don't know.

DD1 and 2 were five when I had DD3 and the names they suggested were Columbus, Oliver, Justin or Rory for a boy, and Emily, Hilary, Carla or Brooklyn for a girl. I can get Oliver, Rory and Justin, and Emily. Not sure where Hilary came from, and Carla was the childminder's friend. Brooklyn....I don't know where that came from.

They suggested Isadora, Ethel, Amelie, Jenna and Ruth for DS, and on finding out that he was a boy, River, Xayn (this was the spelling DD1 and 2 agreed on apparently), Wolf, Kasey and Peregrine.

Dd1 and 2 are now thirteen, and DD2 recently told me that she wants two children and will name them Raven Alexander and Susannah Wynter if a boy and a girl, but if she had two boys, Raven Alexander and Tyger Geoffrey Andreas, and two girls would be Susannah Wynter and Fallow Isabella Rae. Interesting name choices.

Baffledandbewildered Sun 03-Feb-13 00:09:58

My then 4 year old wanted to call our new baby Toby the tram engine.......so we stuck with Toby but dropped the tram engine bit .

RarelyAGobshite Sun 03-Feb-13 00:12:05

Megatron and smelly pooblush

Words fail me

AgnesBligg Sun 03-Feb-13 00:16:34

My DD was going to be R27, as named by DS.

Dd wanted to name dd2 when I was pg. she was five. Her choices were
Boy; dog
Girl; sparkle
In the end we named her ourselves!!

Bibblebobbleparsnip Sun 03-Feb-13 00:30:41

DD1 wanted to name new baby Cornflake- she was 3. DS (DC2) thought Noisy would be appropriate for his baby sister (DC3). We ignored both suggestions. However, when I was pregnant with DD1 my sister dreamt I named her Loaf- so apparently my whole family is a bunch of nutters... ��

ilovecolinfirth Sun 03-Feb-13 04:53:32

DS1 wanted to name sibling RaaRaa.x

CheerfulYank Sun 03-Feb-13 05:00:19

For my baby due in May, DS (5.6) wants Ninja or Cyber Jack for a boy, NinjaGirl or Rosella for a girl. confused by all of them except the Jack part!

IAmLouisWalsh Sun 03-Feb-13 18:02:59

I have been reliably informed that my future grandchildren will be Isobel, Bob, Rowan and Lucy. Although DS2 has now decided that he wants 17 children, so more names will be needed...

They are 6 and 4, so I'm not worried yet!

SirBoobAlot Sun 03-Feb-13 18:08:40

DS is 3. All his teddies are currently named "Her", "Him", or "Nanny". Not looking promising for the future grin

BabyRoger Sun 03-Feb-13 18:11:36

My DD was 2 when I was pregnant and when people asked her what she thought the new baby should be called she alternated her opinion between 'palm tree' and 'toucan'.

KumquatMae Sun 03-Feb-13 18:40:54

I genuinely welcomed suggestions from ds1 on the naming of dc2, he was six when I was pregnant so I hoped we would get some decent suggestions. The baby was Jimmy Legs throughout my pregnancy. He wanted Jack or Bob or Max for a boy, or Jill for a girl. Our suggestions were all met with "no...its too AWKWARD." We finally found a name we all agreed on though. He's already talking about names for the next baby even though I'm not pregnant or even ttc!

Beatrixpotty Sun 03-Feb-13 19:57:14

DS1(3) insists DS3 will be called baby Jesus.Or Man Cub.

Harrysmummysarah1 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:04:14

Dd1 was two turning three when I was pregnant with dd2 ever since she found out I was having a baby she said 'oh that's Sarah' all the way through my pregnancy pointing to the baby and saying 'how's Sarah mummy'
The baby was not Sarah .
When pregnant with ds1 . Dd1 was 5 going on 6 and dd2 was 2 going on three.
Their names were (to name just a few)
Donald(after Donald the duck)
Raphael
Dora
Henry (horrid Henry)
Peter (perfect Peter from horrid Henry)
Ellie
Sarah
Katie
Lenny

DS2 has said that if he has boy/girl twins, he'll name them Jordan and Poppet. smile

I quite like the name Cyber Jack. grin

Catbag Sun 03-Feb-13 20:12:06

My then 3 yo wanted to call his sister 'Shiny Pony' smile

Pendipidy Sun 03-Feb-13 20:15:51

My dd hs been very certain since the age of three that she Will have 4 kids. A girl called Sue-y and 3 boys called Andy, Pandy and Sandy!! Dd is 5 now and nothing has changed!

Teapot13 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:35:50

I will soon be 34 weeks with DC2 and DD calls the baby "Ba-Ba-Black Sheep." I keep saying we'll need a normal name when the baby is born and the main suggestion has been "Pasta."

I am expecting DC3. My DS (nearly 3) has informed me that he wants a sister called Edward grin

DD (5.5) has come up with some remarkably sensible suggestions - Rosie or Matilda for a girl, and Peter or Jack for a boy.

VictorAndBarry Sun 03-Feb-13 21:48:46

DS wanted to call DD Vickery. I quite like it.

VictorAndBarry Sun 03-Feb-13 21:49:07

Oh, he also liked Mallory, I like that too.

lotsofcheese Sun 03-Feb-13 21:51:45

DS (age 4) has the following suggestions: Pump. Or Wee-wee. The next day it had changed to Barbie. Then Dubbly Crossword.

Don't think I'll be taking his advice!!

PickledInAPearTree Sun 03-Feb-13 21:52:29

My nephew wanted to call my ds Wayne Rooney.

emsyj Sun 03-Feb-13 21:52:36

I am expecting DC2 (due today - no sign tho) and DD (2y 8mo) would like to call the baby Jessica, or Cress. I think it's a Meg and Mog reference... She refuses to entertain the possibility that it might not be a sister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now