Kitiana as a full name for kitty?? Opinions please:))

(103 Posts)
Queenie68 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:26:25

Hi, this is my first posting on mums net. I'm 30 wks pregnant with dc5. We have decided on a boys name but really struggling with girls names. I love
Kitty
Honey
Bella
Willow
I have 4 sons so may well use all of above if dc5 turns out to be a girl!!
Please give me your opinions. I love the name Kitty & was thinking of kitiana to go on birth certificate??

lottiegarbanzo Wed 02-Jan-13 12:18:06

Well, Tallulah is a fab name but...quite brave.

countrykitten Wed 02-Jan-13 15:00:12

I rather like Kitty Willow. Not sure about Tallulah but that maybe as I have been working on Bugsy Malone recently! Kitty Willow has a lovely 'flow' to it. Do you think it fits with your surname?

Empross76 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:07:07

Kitty could be short for Catrin?

Katia or Katya.

Soo, all these options are for middle names?

What have you chosen as a FIRST name?

countrykitten Wed 02-Jan-13 17:58:35

I thought it was going to be Kitty?

blonderthanred Wed 02-Jan-13 18:49:07

Kitty is lovely. Nothing wrong with it as a full name, Dame Kitty Anderson didn't have a problem being taken seriously as an educationalist while using it.

glastocat Wed 02-Jan-13 18:55:02

Kitty willow reminds me of Pussy willow. grin

13Iggis Wed 02-Jan-13 19:14:05

Arf at Kitty Willow. Even if you didn't call her pussy, you'd be thinkin it grin

mathanxiety Thu 03-Jan-13 06:50:25

Not Kitty Willow grin and Kitty Blossom would be pushing it too. Suggests catnip.

Kitty Bella

Kitty Tallulah is fine, but obv your DH will have to agree.

Rosa Thu 03-Jan-13 06:58:41

So it would be XXXXX Kitty Blossom surname...thats a hell of a mouthful IMO to be honest I like Kitty but not combined with any of your choices....

lottiegarbanzo Thu 03-Jan-13 07:31:00

I read it as if a comma was missing here; 'decided on kitty, now for a middle name', which makes sense in the context of the thread, not 'we are decided on kitty now, for a middle name.'

Rosa Thu 03-Jan-13 09:23:50

Ahh so if its Kitty as first name Kitty Bella--- Pretty pussy hmm

Chickchickola Thu 03-Jan-13 18:47:32

Kitiana is a very old family name for my family, it features frequently in our family tree so it's not made up. I decided not to use it as Kitty as a. Iddle name sounded better with my DDs first name which is more traditional but I don't dislike it.

Chickchickola Thu 03-Jan-13 18:56:03

Silly phone predictive text ... Middle not Iddle.

I think one syllable names go well with Kitty. Not giving my DDs but how about

Kitty Anne
Kitty Rose
Kitty Leigh

Or if you liked Kitiana how about Kitty Anna?

mathanxiety Thu 03-Jan-13 19:00:49

How about Kitty Annabel, or Kitty Isobel?

I think Kitty needs a long name after it.
Kitty Anastasia
Kitty Miranda
Kitty Josephine
Kitty Louisa
Kitty Gabrielle
Kitty Francesca
Kitty Sabrina
Kitty Olivia

Queenie68 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:29:32

Chickchickola, what is the origin of the name kitiana please?

weeblueberry Sat 05-Jan-13 07:25:52

She's already mentioned she came up with it herself smile

showtunesgirl Sat 05-Jan-13 12:22:53

Read the thread weeblueberry, OP came up with the name herself but it turns out that in Chickchikola's family it's an old family name.

weeblueberry Sat 05-Jan-13 21:03:52

Thanks. Must have missed that.

countrykitten Sat 05-Jan-13 21:48:07

I still love Kitty Willow. Don't get the problem with the tree association?

lottiegarbanzo Sun 06-Jan-13 01:40:33

It's not the tree association that's the problem.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 06-Jan-13 01:50:31

I wouldn't worry about the Kitty merchandise at all. It soon wears off. It's a lovely name in its own right. Doesn't have to be short for anything.

Queenie Kitiana is a real name - just google it! smile It's a mythological name.

88jodie88 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:59:50

I love the names Kit and Kitty I don't think they need to be nicknames like Charlie and Sam I see no shame in writing Kitty on the birth certificate although if you like Kitiana then by all means go for it this is your baby and your choice. As for the other names on your list go with your heart. Many people are now choosing Liliana and Arianna as names that are shortened to Lily and Aria so Kitiana is just continuing in this vain if you ask me.

AnnaNimitty Tue 12-Nov-13 09:51:08

Kitty Willow sounds like Tit Willow of 'Mikado' fame! Kitty is a good name. What about Kitty Wilhelmina?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now