Glasgow Woolly Huggers - who's up for a meet-up?

(88 Posts)

It's a while since we met up for cake and gossip and coffee and more cake knitting, so it would be nice to have a meet up soon, I think.

The days that seem to work best for people are either Mondays at the Burrell Collection or Wednesdays at the Tramway - so if anyone has any preferences, speak now and we will try to fit in round them.

We are a very friendly group, and it will be lovely to see new faces as well as the old ones, so if you are in the Glasgow area, like knitting and/or crochet, and enjoy blether, coffee and cake - please do come along and join us, when we have set a date, of course.

GoingGoingGoth Mon 21-Jan-13 17:01:50

biff23 excellent!

Oh yes definitely up for another meet.

Glaikit yes would be lovely to see you, and that cake sounds great. Will be doing that soon.

biff23 Mon 21-Jan-13 16:43:20

Nice meeting you all ladies and my crochet square now actually is square thanks to Goth's help. Snow all gone when I got home ho hum. Definitely up for another meet whenever suits you all.

HairyPotter Mon 21-Jan-13 16:30:06

No snow here, well nothing worth talking about. My poorly dd and I snuggled up under a blanket and watched musical dvd's all day. My throat is all hurty now, I sang loudly and out of tune all the way through. It was fab.

Glaikit, that cake sounds amazing, I am going to give it a bash in a min. I hope you and your scrummy ds managed some sledging.

Sorry I missed meeting Biff and Goth, is there another date in the pipeline? I'm gutted I couldn't go. Fab idea to get Pistey and Knotty up sometime. We could make a day of it with dinner and wine gin

Aw, I'm vexed I didn't make it today but I just took a wee drive to the shop and got stuck half way up the hill coming back. Had to walk the rest of the way, ds was not amused!

Sorry to have missed you Goth, hopefully meet you next time. smile

GoingGoingGoth Mon 21-Jan-13 15:39:16

Lovely afternoon, and I made it back just in time to pick Dd up from school.

It was a lovely meet up - great to see biff and Goth and prettybird - though Hairy and Glaikit were much missed - I hope you are not snowed in, you two!

Apparently this works well with peanut butter in place of the chocolate chips - or so ds1 tells me.

We will miss you both, Hairy and Glaikit - and we will do our best to organise the weather better for the next one!

I was thinking - would it be a good idea to see when pistey and knotty could come up, and arrange a Glasgow meet up to coincide with that? We could tempt them north of the border with cake!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

HairyPotter Mon 21-Jan-13 09:40:40

Arghhh! Another one calling off. I'm really gutted, dd1 is off school ill and I don't feel I can abandon her. sad

Can we organise another one soon? Can never have too much woolly hugging cake grin

I hope you all have a lovely time <sobs quietly in her cake free house>

Blizzard has changed to a gentle fluttering, but I hasn't stopped since I got up. Going to take ds out on his sledge later! Every cloud??

prettybird Mon 21-Jan-13 09:07:19

That's a shame but definitely the right call. It's not "essential travel" even if we might think Woolly Hugs business is smile

No snow here in Glasgow. I tell a lie - it has tried to, but there is only a barely visible smear on bare earth and no sign on any other surface.

I'm calling off, it's currently a blizzard here. One neighbour has just got stuck trying to get out the road. I'm sure the main roads will be fine, but I'm not risking it. I'll bake a cake and eat it instead!

Have fun!

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 23:00:34

That road will be fine. a) it's sheltered and b) there's no snow forecast here anyway.

Still nothing more here. I was just thinking about that road up to the Burrell, will it be cleared if there is snow?

If I got all the way to Glasgow only to get stuck there would just be my luck!

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 18:38:07

Weather forecast on the news not looking hopeful sad

Well the snow forecast for this afternoon never appeared. Maybe will be lucky tonight!

biff23 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:18:17

We used to get loads of snow, EK, haven't had any.

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 13:52:21

That would be a shame - but you are right to put safety first sad

I'm watching the weather. We are at the top of a hill which can be quite tricky. Looks like we are in for more snow overnight and tomorrow morning. So as much as I would like to see you all, I might not make it sad

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 13:13:37

Will be there smile

Can't wait!

biff23 Sun 20-Jan-13 11:44:57

Just thought I'd better check in to make sure plans hadn't changed. See you all at 11 smile .

HairyPotter Fri 18-Jan-13 22:57:41

I am in the back arse of nowhere. We have nowt sad

I'll have extra cake to make up for the pain wine

Linlithgow palace too!

You are more than welcome to come and avail yourself of west lothian's finest facilities! There is bubbles leisure centre, it has flumes! And um, other stuff I'm sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now