Glasgow Woolly Huggers - who's up for a meet-up?

(88 Posts)

It's a while since we met up for cake and gossip and coffee and more cake knitting, so it would be nice to have a meet up soon, I think.

The days that seem to work best for people are either Mondays at the Burrell Collection or Wednesdays at the Tramway - so if anyone has any preferences, speak now and we will try to fit in round them.

We are a very friendly group, and it will be lovely to see new faces as well as the old ones, so if you are in the Glasgow area, like knitting and/or crochet, and enjoy blether, coffee and cake - please do come along and join us, when we have set a date, of course.

prettybird Sun 13-Jan-13 12:59:01

Just worked out remembered who you are in RL blottedcopybook smile

grin

prettybird Mon 14-Jan-13 22:34:10

I'm now going to be a couple of hours late sad - but knowing you lot, you'll still be yabbering and eating cake knitting and crocheting. wink

11am was the only time I could see my nice former boss who I'm asking for some career advice.

GoingGoingGoth Mon 14-Jan-13 22:40:49

I've not been to the Burrell before, so is there any particular place to meet up? (So I'm not wandering around like a lost soul)
Or will the large bags of knitting give it away? grin

If you go through the gift shop, and turn right down the corridor with the stained glass panels in it, and at the end, you will find the stairs down to the cafe - we will be down there.

GoingGoingGoth Tue 15-Jan-13 10:03:35

Thanks, didn't want to be asking random people if they MNed

The first time we met, it was at the Tramway, and when I walked in, hauling my knitting bag, I was accosted by a woman asking me if I was a 'Woolly Wednesday', to which I answered, 'No, I'm a mumsnet woolly hugger'! It turned out that she had come for a regular knitting group that met there, but was late, and couldn't find the group she was looking for - so I knitter-napped her for our group, and we had a lovely chat.

In the end, the regular group did find her (they had been upstairs), and took her off with them - but not before we all had a chat about knitting and knitting groups, and told them all about the Woolly Hugs.

prettybird Wed 16-Jan-13 14:27:47

Good news: my other meeting has been moved to 4pm, so I'll be able to be there for 11 after all! smile

Hurrah!

Watching the news, the Burrell are struggling to raise funds to fix their roof. I shall buy more cake during our visit. For the cause you see, I'm selfless like that!

prettybird Fri 18-Jan-13 20:27:37

You can eat some cake on my behalf! wink

I will do that too, Glaikit - pure selfless, we are!

prettybird Fri 18-Jan-13 22:17:33

Neither of you are Glasgow Council tax payers, so so you should!

Thinks about the thousands of pounds I have to pay in council tax and mutters about the "hangers on" in Milngavie and the Mearns and who happily use Glasgow's facilities without contributing angrysad

Hastens to add that neither of you fall into that category! grin

You are more than welcome to come and avail yourself of west lothian's finest facilities! There is bubbles leisure centre, it has flumes! And um, other stuff I'm sure!

Linlithgow palace too!

HairyPotter Fri 18-Jan-13 22:57:41

I am in the back arse of nowhere. We have nowt sad

I'll have extra cake to make up for the pain wine

biff23 Sun 20-Jan-13 11:44:57

Just thought I'd better check in to make sure plans hadn't changed. See you all at 11 smile .

Can't wait!

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 13:13:37

Will be there smile

I'm watching the weather. We are at the top of a hill which can be quite tricky. Looks like we are in for more snow overnight and tomorrow morning. So as much as I would like to see you all, I might not make it sad

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 13:52:21

That would be a shame - but you are right to put safety first sad

biff23 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:18:17

We used to get loads of snow, EK, haven't had any.

Well the snow forecast for this afternoon never appeared. Maybe will be lucky tonight!

prettybird Sun 20-Jan-13 18:38:07

Weather forecast on the news not looking hopeful sad

Still nothing more here. I was just thinking about that road up to the Burrell, will it be cleared if there is snow?

If I got all the way to Glasgow only to get stuck there would just be my luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now