CVS tomorrow

(85 Posts)
massagegirl Thu 29-Nov-12 09:20:31

Hi ladies
Had 12 week scan last Thursday with large nuchal measurement. They tried to do CVS last fri but too risky with position of placenta. Trying again tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. They didn't talk to me about nasal bone but in notes said 'unable to examine' which doesn't sound hopeful, sadly. Waiting is just the worst. If they can't do tomorrow it means another week or so until amino.
This is my first pregnancy. I'm 33. I'm finding it hard to function, just feel so down and tearful. I can't work as I am a teacher for very young children with special needs and it just feels too emotional. In my head this pregnsncy is over, I am not optimistic but each day I'm getting bigger, full of hormones and still being sick..... Just don't know what to do sad

massagegirl Fri 28-Dec-12 15:27:27

Hi Suzy,
Just wanted to let you know full screening cans back as normal!
Hope you bad peaceful christmas. X

massagegirl Fri 28-Dec-12 17:10:25

Silly phone
Cans = came
Bad= had.

suzyrut Mon 07-Jan-13 09:32:37

Hi massagegirl what wonderful news am so pleased for you.

Christmas was lovely with the exception of one episode of bleeding over so was back at the hospital again, fortunately I seem to be at the stage where they take me into maternity now rather than having to sit in horrible A&E. They are still saying they think it's related to the CVS but I think I might just be having that kind of pregnancy!

Back to work today and it's soooooooooooooo hard!

Hope you had a lovely restful time xx

massagegirl Mon 07-Jan-13 14:47:19

Glad all ok with you, horrible to have more bleeding. Glad y

massagegirl Mon 07-Jan-13 14:48:39

Glad you can go straight to maternity now though. Fingers crossed that's the last time!
Went back to work today, bloody knackered! But good to have sense of normality back too.
Xx

suzyrut Tue 08-Jan-13 09:40:41

Forgot to ask...did you find out the sex??? xx

massagegirl Tue 08-Jan-13 13:09:11

No, although I know it's there 100% in a report. Now am wondering whether to ask them. Did you find out with your previous ones? I think if we did I wouldn't tell people so it would be a suprise for them but I could start picking up a few babygros etc, also think it might make it feel more 'real' after the rocky start... hmmmmmmm. Decisions! xx

suzyrut Wed 09-Jan-13 09:27:01

Morning. Yes I did find out with both of mine, I'm not a very patient person at the best of times and can't wait for next week when I have my next scan to find out again.

Aside from all the practical reasons around only having to pick one name, being able to buy things it really helped me prepare mentally and this time will help prepare the older ones too. I honestly think it will be surprise enough to have a healthy baby at the end of this pregnancy!

How does your dp feel about it? xx

massagegirl Wed 09-Jan-13 10:55:42

I think he is quite keen to know. I think we might as it would make it more real to me.. although I 've been feeling some movement for the past couple of weeks and have seen baby on a scan, I still don't actually believe it! I think it's having problems at the beginning has made me be a bit reluctant to get excited, but I am getting there and think maybe knowing its a boy/girl will help?! Hope your scan goes really well and they can tell you the sex! Mine is not until 22 weeks as back to specilaists at georges just for one final check on heart etc. xx

suzyrut Thu 10-Jan-13 15:01:19

I think it does help to get to grips with it especially for us who have spent a lot of time trying not to get too used to it if you see what I mean. Even if it's just so you can start referring to it as a he/she rather than an it though that might blow your cover if you're not planning on telling anyone else.

If nothing else I'm intrigued to know what you're having (nosey and impatient!) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now