CVS tomorrow

(85 Posts)
massagegirl Thu 29-Nov-12 09:20:31

Hi ladies
Had 12 week scan last Thursday with large nuchal measurement. They tried to do CVS last fri but too risky with position of placenta. Trying again tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. They didn't talk to me about nasal bone but in notes said 'unable to examine' which doesn't sound hopeful, sadly. Waiting is just the worst. If they can't do tomorrow it means another week or so until amino.
This is my first pregnancy. I'm 33. I'm finding it hard to function, just feel so down and tearful. I can't work as I am a teacher for very young children with special needs and it just feels too emotional. In my head this pregnsncy is over, I am not optimistic but each day I'm getting bigger, full of hormones and still being sick..... Just don't know what to do sad

massagegirl Thu 06-Dec-12 16:20:13

So pleased for you... Fantastic! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy with no worries!!!! Xxx

massagegirl Thu 06-Dec-12 16:22:30

So pleased for you... Fantastic! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy with no worries!!!! Xxx

suzyrut Thu 06-Dec-12 16:27:46

Yep I'm sure it's all down hill from here hmm

This may sound strange but I hope my news hasn't made you feel worse, I know happy for me is a given but I don't like to assume the impact on your feelings, needless to say I'll be here for handholding till you get your news too.

Thanks for all your support and messages it's really made such a difference to know that there was someone who does really totally understand what I'm going through xxx

massagegirl Thu 06-Dec-12 16:36:14

Oh no please don't worry at all!!! I'm totally fine. Have a lot of pregnant friends at the moment and don't feel anything negative to those with healthy babies/pregnancies at all. I'm really pleased that you've had good news and the bloody waiting is over. To be honest I feel it's been going on so long I'm just looking forward to getting back to normal life whatever the outcome!!
Have a great and for once stress free evening.
Xxxx

suzyrut Fri 07-Dec-12 14:42:39

Thanks massagegirl. Hopefully your wait should be under a week now with your amnio on Monday, at some points it felt like the waiting would actually never be over even though logically I knew it would.

Do you have any keeping busy plans over the weekend? xx

massagegirl Fri 07-Dec-12 16:01:03

Going to try and put up Xmas tree and maybe have a cheeky mulled wine and just generally chill out time with my boyfriend and try and feel a little Christmassy! I normally love this time of year. Xx

suzyrut Mon 10-Dec-12 07:21:59

Hi had really busy weekend with tree and more (seems never ending) Christmas shopping. Just wanted to say good luck for today, hope everything goes well and you finally get a bit closer to getting out of limbo. Xxx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 09:30:45

Thank you Suzy x

suzyrut Mon 10-Dec-12 10:21:58

Let me know how it goes, will have everything crossed foryou xx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 11:58:06

Will do. Not until late afternoon but have my mum coming over shortly xx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 12:01:09

Thank you for the crossing of fingers! Xxx

suzyrut Mon 10-Dec-12 12:22:52

They should really schedule all these appointments first thing! Hope you mum can distract you with lots of chat and things. Did you find the people at your hospital nice, I actually found mine made the whole experience a lot more bareable? x

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 12:30:14

The hospital have been so lovely. Makes a real difference. Although I'm kind of such of going there for appointments! Xx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 12:32:13

Sorry that meant to say I'm sick of going there! Xx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 15:49:20

Hi Suzy. All done and was fine. Just so glad it's over and not much more waiting! Xx

suzyrut Mon 10-Dec-12 16:24:10

So pleased it's done and it went well. I hope you've got your feet up and dp is making you lots of nice cups of tea and bringing you biscuits!

Did they spend long scanning you, I had quite a long scan before mine and did they tell you when you'd have the results? xx

massagegirl Mon 10-Dec-12 17:05:45

Yes feet up with a cuppa. She did detailed scan and said all was looking good structurally but I won't take much comfort from that yet. Should have results Thursday..... Everything crossed!! Hope you've treated yourself to some nice maternity clothes xxx

suzyrut Tue 11-Dec-12 11:03:32

Sounds like the scan was goodish news, I took some hope from mine but it was the blood test that changed my results so it didn't totally console me either.

hmmmm nice and maternity clothes don't seem to be two things that go together, got a couple of things in H&M and a couple in Bennetton. They announced that they're changing the dress code at work in the next few weeks but won't tell us what to (even though I've emailed our HR director explaining my cirumstances) so I've not been able to go crazy anyway!! Fortunately I live in an area which is very family orientated so I could actually go into shops and try things on which does help. I don't really dress in a mumsy way normally (it's like a boden catalogue shoot at my kid's school so I associate that with what mum's wear??) so struggeled with a lot of the maternity wear on offer (tops especially I've noticed).

How are you feeling today, still resting up I hope, I felt like a bit of a fraud by the next day as I was fine, hope you're feeling just as well!

xx

massagegirl Tue 11-Dec-12 11:24:55

I'm feeling fine but have some films and will stay firmly planted to sofa just to be safe! I'm lucky that my work is very casual as I'm
Normally covered in play dough and paint. Hope your dress code won't be too strict. Yep I'm not a Boden kinda girl either... There's not an ounce of yummy mummy in me! Have been sick twice today can't wait for that to stop, knackered and just getting over chest infection, sometimes life is a bit mean isn't it?! Xx

suzyrut Tue 11-Dec-12 16:57:44

Sometimes life is very mean and you sound like you've had more than your fair share of that recently!!! I found when I was feeling sick earlier that sitting down did make my nausea a little better as did Waitrose valencia orange lollies which was literally the only thing that I could fancy for a while. Has your sickness always been bad and is it getting better?

Had a massive rant to my boss about dress code faff earlier because the HR director has provided a response which boils down to "comfortable but appropriate for your role" i.e. no actual help unless I'd actually had my eye on a resetrictive leather corset!

massagegirl Tue 11-Dec-12 17:53:25

The nausea used to be fairly constant which has def improved. Now I just randomly gag and sometimes puke for no apparent reason but not too much! Such fun!
I reckon you should turn up in leather corset... Bloody stupid rules.

Good luck for results x

massagegirl Wed 12-Dec-12 07:30:07

Thank you fruit salad xx

suzyrut Wed 12-Dec-12 09:40:41

Morning hope you're well not long now I am sure you can't wait for tomorrow, are they going to call you or do you have to go in to see them?

I spent last night in A&E because of bleeding and some cramping, everything turned out to be ok, they listened to the heatbeat and did an internal to see if cervix is closed (it is). I'm going to start looking for names that mean trouble!

massagegirl Wed 12-Dec-12 11:09:43

Oh no Suzy you poor thing you've not had an easy time of it at all. Hope you are doing ok today. Any bleeding is scary but glad they've said all is well. Think we are both owed a holiday.... Maldives anyone?!
They are going to call.... So of course am staring at the phone!
Look after yourself today xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now