To not want to dunk my biscuit?

(44 Posts)
Feierabend Tue 27-Oct-09 09:24:16

Well? Am I? grin

insertwittynicknameHERE Tue 27-Oct-09 09:25:39

YANBU grin

GeeWhizz Tue 27-Oct-09 09:34:04

There is no law that you have to dunk a biscuit.

I am an occasional dunker.

Feierabend Tue 27-Oct-09 09:35:18

The biscuit goes soggy and the tea has crumbs swimming in it. Bleurgh.

diddl Tue 27-Oct-09 09:35:40

Depends on the biscuit!grin

You are missing out.

ClaireDeLoon Tue 27-Oct-09 09:42:08

YANBU dunking biscuits is foul grin

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 09:51:29

YANBU, however, perhaps you just need more practice. Chocolate Hobnobs are easy to dunk, Rich Tea requires some skill.

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 09:52:51

My DH offered me a Hobnob yesterday, but was positively put out when I asked him for a cup of tea to go with it in which to dunk.

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 09:53:36

Who is insisting upon dunkage?

shinyshoes Tue 27-Oct-09 09:57:01

Are you mad woman!! Get dunking!!!

Not with wanky biscuits though. You must use proper 'ard ones that can take it grin

eggontoast Tue 27-Oct-09 09:59:12

I cant eat a biscuit WITHOUT dunking it!!! Some are better with tea, some coffee!!!

BUT, why on earth would anyone try to get a non dunker to dunk? How on earth would that matter??

(I have never in my life finished a drink to the bottom so as to avoid the inevitable biscuit bits there!!! )

I dont understand why some people think it is rude to dunk though. Its just like a dipping sauce idea!! grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 27-Oct-09 10:05:42

Feierabend - I am with you on this

Dunking is YUCKSVILLE [horror expression at the thought]

Love tea, love biccies though, just separately grin

kingbeat23 Tue 27-Oct-09 10:06:24

agree with Gui and Shiny here, dunk away, but with rich teas and hob nobs.....digestives are properly "wanky" grin grin!

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 10:07:38

But dunking makes the chocolate go all lovely and melty, and you don't get dry biscuit mouth.

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 10:09:02

Rich Teas have a very short dunking time, and continue to swell after removal, so you think you're okay and then suddenly, 'plop', biscuity tea. Now that's wanky!

LetThereBeRock Tue 27-Oct-09 10:09:35

YABU.Dunking vastly improves the biscuit.

BEWiTcHEDnod Tue 27-Oct-09 10:10:10

chocolate digestives are the best biccies for dunking IMHO. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. yummy melty chocolatey goodness.

Jacaqueen Tue 27-Oct-09 10:33:58

You can buy extra hard biscuits in M&S designed not to fall apart when dunking.

zombieBOO Tue 27-Oct-09 10:46:58

Now personally, I was repulsed by dunking cookies in tea when I came over wink Milk is for dunking cookies in. grin
I have now graduated to believing that it's not always bad (I really like gingernuts in tea for instance). But really chocolate biscuits in tea? yucky! envy <--me getting a little sick, but not with envy.

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 10:53:15

Milk is okay for biscuits, but it just kind of wets them, you have to dunk for ages to actually soften. Boo, you definitely need to get some chocolate Hobnobs or Digestives and give it a try. Begin with quite a short dunk though!

The case for dunking defence would also like to present the biscotto, practically designed for dunking by the wise Italians.

LetThereBeRock Tue 27-Oct-09 11:58:07

Biscuits or cookies or anything of that ilk should never be dunked in milk.

If you dunk a biscuit in milk you get a cold, unpleasant soggy mouthful. Dip it in tea and it begins to melt, intensifying the flavour and the end result is infinitely better than what you began with.

lisianthus Tue 27-Oct-09 12:02:52

YABU dunking (esp. with hobnobs) is lovely.

In fact it is so lovely, I direct your attention to the following which is specifically designed to render tea "pre-dunked":

www.teapigs.co.uk/product/Tea/Black-tea/chocolate+flake+tea

grin

kazkissofdeath Tue 27-Oct-09 12:27:14

dunk me again!!! dunk me again!!!

kazkissofdeath Tue 27-Oct-09 12:28:21

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now