To only want to wear big granny pants (tho some way off being granny)

(57 Posts)
girlwithapearl Tue 08-Sep-09 22:28:36

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot bear a pair of knickers which doesn't actually cover my arse AKA the dreaded g-string. Was reminded of this at the weekend when DH took me out for dinner to celebrate wedding anniversary. Wore slinky dress which necessitated pants that, quite frankly, barely cover anything. As we were walking along the street, I just wanted to keep hoiking them out from between my butt crack. Not great. Couldn't wait to get my big granny pants on the next day. I think in M and S parlance they are known as full brief.

YeahBut Tue 08-Sep-09 22:30:30

I'm with you. I moved from "lingerie" to "foundation garments" several years ago and feel much more secure in all respects. wink

pjmama Tue 08-Sep-09 22:31:42

Get yourself some of those fantastic support pant thingies, the ones that go from your waist down to your knees and hold absolutely everything in. I got some to go under a pair of cream trousers for a wedding recently, not only did I have no VPL but I had a flat stomach too! Going for a wee was a bloody nightmare though grin

G-strings are the work of the Devil...

StayFrosty Tue 08-Sep-09 22:31:53

yanbu. life's too short to be constantly yanking knickers out of a greedy bumcrack.

Elemental Tue 08-Sep-09 22:32:27

Oh yes! Am 6 months post c-section and can't imagine wearing anything else now!

Fruitbeard Tue 08-Sep-09 22:32:37

Deffo. I ride horses and there's no way I'm doing that in a g-string! <owwwww at the thought of it>

MissSunny Tue 08-Sep-09 23:38:28

Message withdrawn

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 08-Sep-09 23:40:30

Am 26 and have been wearing 'full briefs' apart from special occaisions, for the last 4 years - since I got a 'baby apron' really. hmm

piprabbit Tue 08-Sep-09 23:51:31

I bought bulk packs of M&S full cotton briefs to wear after birth of my first baby. They were cheap(ish) and I was happy to treat them as disposable if it meant not having to wear those horrid paper knickers.
But, I didn't end up disposing of as many as I thought and I've been working my way through the backlog ever since (that's my story and I'm sticking to it grin).
Can't imagine going back to 'complicated' undies ever again....

BerylCole Wed 09-Sep-09 05:29:44

Totally with you. I have moved, in about 5 swift years, from thongs to big granny pants. I love them.

Broccopolli Wed 09-Sep-09 06:00:29

YANBU Big pants are fabulously comfy. Think I still have a few thongs lurking at the back of my knicker drawer, but I haven't worn them for years. I like shorts style pants though - not quite so granny looking and low rise, but decent coverage over my ample behind.

Corporalcornsilk Wed 09-Sep-09 06:16:45

I heart big pants.

AllThreeWays Wed 09-Sep-09 06:37:26

Ummm ...ok maybe you don't need to wear a thong, but GRANNY PANTS??? What does the OH think?

I used to wear thongs and g-strings then i went and grew up lol. Now i wear boy shorts.....you know the ones i mean. so much more comfy....

CMOTdibbler Wed 09-Sep-09 07:28:02

I wear the M&S lace short full briefs - they don't look too grannyish, no VPL, and my tummy is in them rather than hanging over/ cut in half by them

Tortington Wed 09-Sep-09 07:38:37

g sstrings and thongs are wrong - o bought a pair by mistake - and i do wear them ocasionally - but theres kinda no point in wearing any at all.

i think what you need is those shorts that are knickers

lets call them shockers!< see what i did there?

they cover everything whilst still being up to date non granny and arse covering

brettgirl2 Wed 09-Sep-09 08:12:01

I do not own a single g string. I would just not have bought the dress grin

I was shock that bodyform do sanitary towels especially designed for thongs. Is it just me but who on earth would use those???

Custardo thats what I mean by boy shorts/pants. They are much more comfy than a string up my bum lol

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 09-Sep-09 08:38:47

being too fat for thongs these days I have moved ijto the world of big pants.
However I don't wear 'granny pants' I favour a low rise short!

Black sloggi's all the way. Or commando.

elmofan Wed 09-Sep-09 09:25:39

god i love MN , where else would you get a conversation about knickers this hour in the morning lol grin
oh & love granny pants grin

girlafraid Wed 09-Sep-09 10:18:33

I'm with piprabbit - bought pack of huge pants from Tesco to wear after c section and cannot bear to give them up despite DH begging for me to wear something slightly less hideous

dottyaboutstripes Wed 09-Sep-09 11:38:50

I am another post-section convert, they are my safety blanket so to speak! DH not so keen!

comewhinewithme Wed 09-Sep-09 11:42:10

I love my big pants DP keeps saying "why don't you go and treat yourself to some new underwear?" and I just think of all the lovey new BIG pants I could buy.

piprabbit Wed 09-Sep-09 12:57:14

Comewhinewithme - sniggering at thought of buying lovely new big pants...... I may need to join you on a shopping trip grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now