to think some people on netmums should be polite?

(88 Posts)
davidbowie Wed 17-Jun-09 12:17:17

I've only posted once so no doubt I'll be accused of being a troll out to cause trouble. I've been reading a lot of the threads and quite often people are outrageously rude to each other. Now if you don't agree what is wrong with saying in a polite way? Fairly often, very nasty name cally ensues. Do these people talk to each other like this in real life? Sorry but I do find it shocking. It's a shame when a post which could lead to a very good debate ends up with people swearing at each other.

whoisasking Wed 17-Jun-09 14:00:10

Oh SHIT Reality, you just made me do an actual snortlaugh then.

And now my boss is giving me the eye. (and not in a good way)

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 14:08:24

Hi BIWI <<waves>> Came back a few days ago after a fortnight off, I'm absolutely fine, just felt in need of a bit of a break which has done the trick!

ReneRusso Wed 17-Jun-09 14:16:50

thanks clairedeloon, that is quite fluffy

**************************************************************************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Off to join Netmums - hurrah ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 17-Jun-09 14:31:16

Message withdrawn

bleh Wed 17-Jun-09 15:01:19

YANBU. Those gals over on Netmums are right b-hatches

caramelwaffle Wed 17-Jun-09 18:13:58

<<caramel grabs goober>>

<<pushes goober back in to the room and shouts "shake ya' norks again, luv">>

<<runs out of room giggling>>

caramelwaffle Wed 17-Jun-09 18:18:00

****************************************************************************************
~~~~~OH~ ~~~~~THIS~~~~IS~~~A~~~TICKER~~~~~HOW~~~~~FARKIN'~~~~~~~~~~~ANNOYING~~~~~~

I did wonder

pickyvic Wed 17-Jun-09 18:27:24

i came to MN cos the forum i usually use was just getting to ridiculous for words on the whole be nice to each other thing, to the point where you just couldnt say anything.

i did once say on there that i wished i could tell one chavvy poster to fuck off but it got modded....i seemed to get modded a fair bit on there and i always just thought i was straight talking, but seems on there you have to humour people! (even chavs have feelings eh?) anyway i said sorry then came here.

have to say im a bit nervous on here as it can be a bit fiesty! but its refreshing to find somewhere where there is a little bit of freedom.

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 19:04:55

Yes chavs do have feelings. I am one, working class and proud. I don't think much of snobs though, they don't know the half of it which is why they have time and inclination to worry about spelling and other judgey passtimes

pickyvic Wed 17-Jun-09 19:14:14

im working class too so dont take my post the wrong way...or have i just dropped a clanger within days of coming to MN? when i said chav i didnt mean working class. think youd have had to see this poster to know what i meant. didnt mean to offend!

sweetnitanitro Wed 17-Jun-09 19:16:08

I am much more polite on the internet, in real life I tell people to fuck off all the time.

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 19:17:38

Not offended luv, I REALLY am a chav though (massive hoop earrings, MacKenzie jacket etc!) I'm an intelligent well read one though, not a Jeremy Kyler (all the time) grin

Just randomoly posting that my sister's MIL had that David Bowie Back in the 70's he's not all that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now