to think some people on netmums should be polite?

(88 Posts)
davidbowie Wed 17-Jun-09 12:17:17

I've only posted once so no doubt I'll be accused of being a troll out to cause trouble. I've been reading a lot of the threads and quite often people are outrageously rude to each other. Now if you don't agree what is wrong with saying in a polite way? Fairly often, very nasty name cally ensues. Do these people talk to each other like this in real life? Sorry but I do find it shocking. It's a shame when a post which could lead to a very good debate ends up with people swearing at each other.

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 17-Jun-09 12:30:31

Mistle - not sure I recall permission being granted for you to leave our thread??!!!

grin

PS, I'm nice too and don't think I've ever told anyone to fuck off.

<wonders if I have>

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 17-Jun-09 12:31:53

BIWI- I'm nicer than you.

Fuck off.

grin

davidbowie Wed 17-Jun-09 12:32:30

Well you all seem to know each other, just I wouldnt speak that way face to face and its seems a bit off putting to newbies, and now Im hoping someone doesnt tell me to f off then

I always thought you were a bitch, shiney. You and your haikus. Pretentious as well.

grin

mrsruffallo Wed 17-Jun-09 12:33:28

f off then

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 17-Jun-09 12:34:07

Still cringing slightly about the Haikus...

DB- I don't know everyone..but the more you post, the more you become part of.

Welcome anyway!

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:34:12

Because the thread was about talking properly and I admitted to dropping h's and t's. Next thing I was being attacked by 5 different people, who in real life wouldn't have said a word. I'm fuming over it again now!!!

davidbowie Wed 17-Jun-09 12:34:33

whoisasking I wasn't talking about any particular thread

cory Wed 17-Jun-09 12:35:04

Quite agree. It is Netmums' accepted role in life to be soft and fluffy. If they fall down on the job- you go and tell them!

Meanwhile we will stick to our role which is to tell it like it is.

cory Wed 17-Jun-09 12:35:25

Quite agree. It is Netmums' accepted role in life to be soft and fluffy. If they fall down on the job- you go and tell them!

Meanwhile we will stick to our role which is to tell it like it is.

londonone Wed 17-Jun-09 12:36:26

Thanks junglist, that makes sense I was v confused, had images of someone having some sort of speaking computer!

whoisasking Wed 17-Jun-09 12:36:29

HAHA!

I actually do swear too much in real life. It's dreadful actually, and something I keep trying to stop doing, it's actually harder to kick than the old cigs.

mrsruffallo Wed 17-Jun-09 12:37:20

Junglist, I've got a Cockney accent too and have had a few ...er...debates on here about it.
Link me to that thread!!

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 17-Jun-09 12:37:54

i left netmums for this very reason. bunch of infighting, sniping, rude, vulgar beatches grin.
feel much more at home here.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 17-Jun-09 12:38:39

was that a bit libelous? am i in trouble?

VinegarTits Wed 17-Jun-09 12:39:13

I am nice some of the time

<polishes rusty halo>

GypsyMoth Wed 17-Jun-09 12:40:12

Danielle on netmums is legendary....... You think it's nasty here? She comes on a netmums thread and it gets REALLY nasty!!

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:42:36

I'm so sorry I can't link I can just about switch it on!! The gist of it was that I sound thick and uneducated and when I said I was doing a degree I was told unis have dumbed down. Then I started picking on people who were blasting me telling them about punctuation etc! And I called someone a name. I was livid! grin

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:44:48

Oh and I'll look out for any similar threads in future so we can team up, my fellow cockney sparra!

whoisasking Wed 17-Jun-09 12:45:27

I have a REALLY "common" Sarf East London accent. Why should I change the way I speak? It's a regional accent.

Grrrr, you're making me cross now junglist wink

mistlethrush Wed 17-Jun-09 12:45:56

Shiney - who said I needed permission to leave!!! shock Anyway, I haven't left, I'm just visiting some other locations too... grin

mrsruffallo Wed 17-Jun-09 12:48:57

You are quite right, whoisasking it is a regional accent but one that seems fair game to take the pee out of.

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:50:42

How dare you be from Sarf? I'm from Norf Tottenham sides luv so don't test me or I'll rip you to shreds on here and I will WILL smile sweetly if I ever meet you for real OK!!??

junglist1 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:51:20

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now