To refuse to get up at 5am to help dh find a tie?

(59 Posts)
Mrneedy Thu 21-Mar-13 01:05:18

he has a function/benefit

I've found his suit
Sourced a new shirt
Waited in all morning for it

Rinsed it, ironed it
He works hard, long hours, I dont mind helping

Then just as he was going to bed, he said
I might need your help in the morning to sort my tie

Really??
I said no, he should sort it now
He's now asleep

I am not getting up at 5am
He's known for weeks that he had to get this sorted

MrsHoarder Thu 21-Mar-13 19:03:24

MrsSB there is a difference between waking someone up to say "I'm really nervous" and to say "I can't find an item of clothing.

DH is the opposite, wouldn't dream of waking me unless I need to be up at the same time (or earlier as an alarm clock that can shift me has him wide awake --and shaking me to wake me up--).

MrsSpagBol Thu 21-Mar-13 20:34:42

MrsHoarder - please re-read OP's post. He didn't actually wake her up. He said

"I might need your help in the morning to sort my tie"

You are getting so outraged about something that didn't actually happen!
He said he might need to, she said no (well within her rights to do so if she doesn't want to be woken up) - pipe down.

He never said he couldn't find his clothes? This is what I mean about OTT reactions! hmm

edwardsmum11 Fri 22-Mar-13 07:45:47

Yanbu. My hubby would get a very tired lecture if he tried this with me..... he is surely old enough to do this himself.

SoVerySleepy Fri 22-Mar-13 07:50:13

To those who are horrified that the woman does 99% of the laundry so knows where her partner's clothes are more accurately than he does: I do 99% of the laundry in our house and he doesn't have a clue where his bow tie is but he does 99% of the washing up. I hate washing up. I;d do far more than 99% of the laundry to get out of it!

You are criticising the OP without knowing the full set-up of her life. If she is happy with the way things are (minus 5am wake ups, that is U!) then leave her be.

diddl Fri 22-Mar-13 07:53:42

But even if he does more washing up that you, SoVery-I bet you still know where the stuff is-or know which cupboards to look in!

As a pp put, there's usually only limited places where something will be!

PopMusic Fri 22-Mar-13 07:55:01

Just as a contrast, my four year old got up this morning and opened his wardrobe and said "I think I will wear these blue socks today" and found his dressing gown himself which he had left on the chair.

ihearsounds Fri 22-Mar-13 08:00:45

What is it with all these so called grown men that dont seem to be able to function without thier partners.. Its about time that apron stings were cut and stopped being babied.
He had a choice, he could have gone and found the tie before he went to bed, Not a hard concept really. At least looking himself he would have a better understanding of knowing where his things are.

Mrneedy Fri 22-Mar-13 18:17:55

Just for some context, dh works at least 12 hours a day, usually 14-15, plus conference calls,client lunches/dinners
He's not actually home that much. His work clothes go to the dry cleaners, I will leave out his underwear/socks, he puts them away, other casual stuff I usually put away
I am a sahm, I don't have much to do

MadAboutHotChoc Fri 22-Mar-13 21:48:28

Mrneedy - ditto, my DH works similar hours and he works away a lot too.

Proud to say that he still sorts his own clothes out. He is NOT a manchild.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now