Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

for being totally freaked out husband has vomiting and diarrhea

(60 Posts)
monkeynuts123 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:02:10

Ok husband has vomiting and diarrhea and I am freaking out because I think it will be a matter of hours until it's my turn and then probably the kids. We have no support we can call on. I don't even know what to do tonight because he's holed up in the bedroom and I normally co-sleep there with baby once baby wakes around midnight and there's no way I'm getting in next to sick dh. What the hell will I do if both kids get it and I get it and he's incapacitated too. Does anyone think there's the smallest glimmer of hope that I might not get it? He's using one loo in the house and I've not been near it and nor have kids, haven't kissed for 3 days (separate topic!). I'm a bit health anxious anyway and this is sending me over the edge.

monkeynuts123 Mon 18-Mar-13 10:08:32

So far so good! babies and I don't have it....hopefully....yet. Can anyone offer words of reason. DH started being ill 4am Saturday morning and is better now, as we're all in the clear now at 10.00 monday morning, do you think there's a chance we've escaped it? I'm sorry if this is dull to people I'm just worried.

shashep Mon 18-Mar-13 12:37:56

If it helps, ds(6) started 1am saturday morning, finished about 7pm. Then dh sunday 5pm, is ok now, and ds(7) about 10pm sunday night, seems ok now. I'm laundering like a madwoman and feeling sick, have eaten nothing today and little drinks so less to hurl. That is my preparation!! And wouldn't dream of asking for help unless we were all really incapacitated. If stuff is really manky just chuck it outside and deal with it later - a bit gross, but makes life easier.

MousyMouse Mon 18-Mar-13 18:09:21

sorry, not yet.
when we had it dc started wednesday morning, I followed from friday night and dh sunday night. dc2 escaped but had vile smelling farts for about a week.

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 18-Mar-13 18:56:06

Last one we had there was a week between 1 boy getting it and the other. I'd just started to think we'd escaped.

ceeveebee Mon 18-Mar-13 19:06:38

When my DTs had D&V recently, DS started on Weds, DD on Friday, me on the Monday. DH never got it. We all survived. Stock up on dioralyte and rice cakes. And grips.

Mintyy Mon 18-Mar-13 23:19:01

That was an unpleasant and mighty ignorant little snipe about "grips" there ceeveebee.

Hope all ok at home op.

idiot55 Tue 19-Mar-13 19:05:56

I completly get what you mean, keep going with the bleaching, milton etc for a week or so.

It can live on surfaces for a while

FatPenguin Tue 19-Mar-13 19:25:59

I feel your pain, I have OCD and emetophobia so completely understand your fears. I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress too much - if I stress I feel sick then panic thinking I'm getting ill then feel sicker etc. Just keep bleaching everything, washing hands, seperate towels etc. Its good that he has a seperate loo to use. And as others have said keep disinfecting even when all symptoms gone.

Notalone Tue 19-Mar-13 21:28:46

pigsdofly - Are you emetaphobic too? I used to be util I got prescribed anti emetics for those times when I feel sick or when DS gets ill. Was wondering if there is a link between this and inability to burp as per the previous body thread?

OP - Have you considered going to the doctors to get some on prescription. I have stemetil prescribed and it has definitely saved me from being sick on a few occasions

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 21:35:18

keep him in solitary confinement wash hands bleach the toilet wash the childrens hands and spray door handles and maybe sleep in a different room, and stop panicking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now