To be cross that my friend said my baby has a small willy?

(92 Posts)
Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:36:18

Just that. She said he had big balls but a small willy (while I was changing his nappy). Why would you say that about a 4 month old baby boy? angry

Am I being over sensitive? I feel like this is just the start of awful sexual stereotypes put on him. sad

babyboomersrock Wed 06-Mar-13 18:53:32

"I'm not scared he might grow up to have a small penis (who cares) but more like 'my baby son is not a piece of meat'"

Exactly. I don't understand why another mother would even notice. She sounds insensitive, to put it kindly.

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:54:09

Worra you're right, I wouldn't be as annoyed if she commented on his ears, legs etc. I guess in my head I automatically associated the comment as a "locker room taunt" IYSWIM

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:57:12

She is usually very nice.

mrsrobertduvall seriously?! At 14 she still makes those comments?! If her DS knew he'd probably want to climb under a rock and die.

LynetteScavo Wed 06-Mar-13 18:57:37

If it didn't matter to either of you, she wouldn't have mentioned it, and you wouldn't be upset.

I would never point out to other mums their DS wasn't well endowed but then my DS are ample in that area, and it might look like I was boasting , but I wouldn't tell a very good friend they are flat chested or have mahooosive norks either. It's not polite.

willesden Wed 06-Mar-13 18:58:42

I used to chat to a mum at the school gates who would tell anyone within earshot, on a regular basis, about her son's huge willy. He was 5 years old at the time. We moved at the end of year 2 and I never heard from her again. He would be in Yr 7 now so I imagine he is tripping over the damn thing by now.

Sleepybunny Wed 06-Mar-13 18:59:24

Simple solution, tell her she's got crap tits

grin

Acandlelitshadow Wed 06-Mar-13 19:01:55

Talk about turning competitive parenting into an extreme sport hmm

Ignore, ignore, ignore. She clearly has no filter.

SirBoobAlot Wed 06-Mar-13 19:02:27

I've got a family member who has mentioned on several occasions that her grandson has a very large willy. She once said it front of DS who declared, "My willy is sometimes large and sometimes small", then carried on playing...

People are odd.

Acandlelitshadow Wed 06-Mar-13 19:03:25

Eye rolling at willygirl, not Sleepybunny BTW. grin @crap tits

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:06:08

grin I think I would get a catsbummouth reaction to crap tits retort

I have visions now of when they're 4, her DS telling my DS "my mum says my willy is bigger than yours" and then my boy starting to cry

<fretful mother hand-wringing>

confused

SolomanDaisy Wed 06-Mar-13 19:07:42

My DS has one of those anatomically correct boy dolls and it has huge balls and a small willy, I assume that's just what most baby boys look like!

Your friend is v v odd to choose that as something to comment on. Baby comments should only ever be positive!

sue52 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:09:02

your friend is clearly a bit strange. I bet she will become a huge embarrassment to her DS as he grows older.

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:13:04

Soloman I am reassured that my son looks like your DS' anatomically correct doll gringringrin

specialsubject Wed 06-Mar-13 19:15:07

what a very bizarre comment for an adult to make.

crashdoll Wed 06-Mar-13 19:16:27

YANBU. It was a bit rude and very odd. Who comments on a baby's willy?!

slatternlymother Wed 06-Mar-13 19:20:31

If she's usually nice, I'd shrug it off. But if she brings it up again, I'd laugh and say 'what an odd comment to make!'

MechanicalTheatre Wed 06-Mar-13 19:22:56

That is such an odd thing to say.

NoelHeadbands Wed 06-Mar-13 19:23:12

What an absolute fuckwit

Yfronts Wed 06-Mar-13 19:24:13

Maybe she thought she was being funny? Don't be over sensitive about it

FastidiaBlueberry Wed 06-Mar-13 19:26:10

Yes.

All babies with willies have small willies. And small ears, small eyes, small mouths, small hands, small feet...

She sounds a bit odd though. I don't think I'd be affronted by her comment, just a bit mystified.

Floggingmolly Wed 06-Mar-13 19:26:43

Competitive parenting starts earlier and earlier. Ditch her well before reading levels rear their ugly head!
It's a ridiculously inappropriate comparison to make.

Cakethrow Wed 06-Mar-13 19:29:57

She sounds like an insensitive idiot.
All little boys have small willies, like the rest of them is small (I have 2)

She also sounds as if she is already pitching the competition between your babies so wait for the sleeping/eating/crawling/walking/teething etc. etc. that'll be fun for you.

WrigglyWorm Wed 06-Mar-13 19:36:55

I think she was being insensitive OP - however, a baby in my NCT group (naice) had a really massive willy. Even as a newborn, it was a WANG and honestly we all noticed as we saw his mum changing nappies/swimming etc etc and didn't say anything...until a drunken night out when it was broached. I mean it really was ENORMOUS. She didn't mind a bit talking about it as there was no competition, just a good natured laugh really. I think give your friend the benefit of the doubt and ignore, try to forget you are a bit cross. But if she says anything again just say "How rude!".

I can't believe that people compare the penii of their offspring and get competitive about it. Bizarre.

abbyfromoz Wed 06-Mar-13 19:40:39

Hmmm... I dont know what she was expecting to see! But even if you think it- why would you say it?
Am i wrong in thinking it might be a bigger issue for males than females though?... My cousin said DD had a fat fanny when she was born.... I thought HAHA! So she does... She also has fat roley poley legs and a big round tummy and chubby cheeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now