Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be cross that my friend said my baby has a small willy?

(92 Posts)
Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:36:18

Just that. She said he had big balls but a small willy (while I was changing his nappy). Why would you say that about a 4 month old baby boy? angry

Am I being over sensitive? I feel like this is just the start of awful sexual stereotypes put on him. sad

girliefriend Wed 06-Mar-13 18:39:55

Does she have children? YANBU but people without children say stupid things like that because they don't get how amazing your little baby is to you (imo) !!

Did you say anything to her? I would have said something like, 'don't say that about my baby, he is perfect in every way!'

CloudsAndTrees Wed 06-Mar-13 18:40:59

Could she just have been commenting, rather than criticising?

DeepPurple Wed 06-Mar-13 18:41:44

Some people really don't think do they?

foxache Wed 06-Mar-13 18:43:13

Weird how this affects you isn't it? Not just a willy thing, but any comment about your baby's appearance which isn't complimentary.

I understand how parents can be seen as over sensitive, but really, why comment at all? What reaction could she or others expect to receive?

So no I don't think you are BU, but I'd forget it as a rude and thoughtless comment. Or next time just ask her 'why would you say that?' hmm

babanouche Wed 06-Mar-13 18:43:39

Stupid thing for her to say. I would have been very pissed off. You don't diss a baby!

littlebitofthislittlebitofthat Wed 06-Mar-13 18:43:41

I'm sure she didnt mean anything by it..... I see lots of babies bits (i'm a childminder) and i can reassure you that willies come in all shapes and sizes.

your freind was being less than tactful, but i dont think that you should worry about it.

(think about it rationally... Have you ever seen two men with exactly the same gear?)

How strange commenting on his willy! i wonder what she meant by it?

ShesAStar Wed 06-Mar-13 18:44:40

Of all the things you could say about a baby that is one of the oddest, I bet she is sitting somewhere right now saying 'I can't believe what I say to Zara today, I'm mortified!' Sometimes stupid things just slip out. I'm sure your babies will is huge grin

NippyDrips Wed 06-Mar-13 18:45:22

You should have said - he's a baby, his small Willy has years to grow, your small mind however is fully grown.

Katienana Wed 06-Mar-13 18:45:24

Weird! Ds bits change size dramatically from one change to the.next so she is stupid for that reason alone. I bet she wouldn't comment on a girls genitals.

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:45:31

She has a boy too. She said my DS' penis was smaller than her DS'.

Maybe she was just commenting? She is a close friend. That's why I don't know if I'm being over sensitive. I just felt hurt and affronted that someone would pass comment on my baby's genitals confused

I didn't know what to say. I just said "really?!" and changed the topic. But I'm still annoyed about it.

WorraLiberty Wed 06-Mar-13 18:45:32

It's a bit rude to comment on appearance in that way.

But you do seem OTT with your sexual stereotypes comment.

StuntGirl Wed 06-Mar-13 18:46:04

She sounds like a bloomin' idiot. Even if she thought it, who the hell thinks that's an appropriate thing to say!

Zara1984 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:47:30

ie I'm not scared he might grow up to have a small penis (who cares) but more like "my baby son is not a piece of meat"

I bet this cow is going to compare your two boys for years and years ahead.

LTB!

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Wed 06-Mar-13 18:47:37

grin That's what baby boys look like.

'Really' was the perfect thing to say, OP. She is barking.

Pitmountainpony Wed 06-Mar-13 18:49:21

Let it go. She just noticed something different to her child. My lovely neighbor said my daughter looks like a wrestler and to be fair the comment has some truth to it. The beauty is mums live their kids whether they have the wrestler or beauty queen look and she may never have seen another willy before. Just a knee jerk comment nothing more.

babyboomersrock Wed 06-Mar-13 18:49:28

Yuck. Quite inappropriate, as StuntGirl said.

Would she comment on an older child's genitalia?

Blessyou Wed 06-Mar-13 18:49:30

I say it about my ds2 all the time blush

ds1 however, has a long willy.

It's perhaps just the comparison for her too.

WorraLiberty Wed 06-Mar-13 18:50:04

She didn't say he was a piece of meat

She said (rudely) he has a small penis.

If she'd said he had small ears would you think she was treating him like a piece of meat?

eltsihT Wed 06-Mar-13 18:50:56

I got weirded out the other day by my mum commenting on my sons willy, she said "it's a very different shape to your brothers he must had got it from His fathers side" comments about willies are just not needed, I am now wondering about how my son's is different from my brothers, not an image I needed or wanted!

OkayHazel Wed 06-Mar-13 18:51:28

I don't think she meant to be rude, she was probably just pointing out what she saw. If she's only used to grown up willies a baby's might be a little out of the ordinary for her!

slatternlymother Wed 06-Mar-13 18:52:04

YANBU, she was rude and odd.

Does she often do things like this or is this a one off?

Mrsrobertduvall Wed 06-Mar-13 18:52:50

I have a dear friend who always banged on about her ds's huge willy when he was a toddler.
I was with her a few weeks ago, and she was still going on about it...he is now 14 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now