"For World Book Day please send your child to school dressed as a....

(100 Posts)

....BADGER"

Just. Fucking. Why.

She is ten FFS and she doesn't want to dress as a cocking badger any more than I want to spend tomorrow scouring the charity shops in our arse end of nowhere one horse shitsville town for black and white clothing.

Arrrrgggghhhhh angry

MrsMushroom Mon 04-Mar-13 22:14:08

"cocking badger" grin

Make a badger hat. Like this

If you don't have a white bobble hat (who does?) then you could get a white painters cap from a DIY shop like B&Q....and use a marker or some felt to make the badger markings and ears. She must have some black leggings and a top?

I like the badger mask, its cute. That could work.

We know a bloke who runs a wildlife rescue place and had a car full of teenage girls turn up at 2am once with a very pissed off and slightly concussed badger being sat on by two of them on the back seat. Vicious little fuckers, they are.

ErrorError Mon 04-Mar-13 22:17:05

Do they all have to go as badgers? Is teacher forming some sort of badger army or having a 'most convincing badger' contest? I thought kids got to choose their own character on WBD. I remember the very first WBD in 1995, I was 9 and went as a tramp... probably missed the point

badbride Mon 04-Mar-13 22:17:38
CointreauVersial Mon 04-Mar-13 22:17:57

Well, it wouldn't be unusual in DD2's school, as the village symbol is a badger, and there's one on the school badge.

But tis just black and white, surely?

Just joining Magrat in hacking up a lung!

Good link to the badger mask though. Can I suggest you just print out the ready painted black & white mask rather than go galavanting around a wood "collecting bits and bobs to stick to it"!!!! gringringringrin

ZacharyQuack Mon 04-Mar-13 22:19:22

Dye her hair black and then bleach a white stripe down the middle.

My DD would love that.

badbride Mon 04-Mar-13 22:19:24

Sorry bad link. I mean THIS

worley Mon 04-Mar-13 22:21:20

is your school like ds2's... now given a theme (this year it's magic) as otherwise a hundred Spider-Man turn up.. and all Disney princesses...
admittedly a badger is a wee bit hard ;) but they could have said "animal" or something ?

The letter says badger. There's a space, and the teacher has written badger in that space.

DD's best friend has to be a fox hmm

thingamajig Mon 04-Mar-13 22:24:50

If she has dark hair, you could do talcum powder stripes.

thingamajig Mon 04-Mar-13 22:26:08

Small amounts of fake fur (and ears) can be had by cannibalising soft toys. [helpful]

soverylucky Mon 04-Mar-13 22:27:18

What about apprentice finalist Ruth Badger? Business suit and a scowl?????

Wolfiefan Mon 04-Mar-13 22:32:14

Phone up the school on the day and say she can't come in as she has TB. Job done.
<sick and twisted emoticon>

poorbuthappy Mon 04-Mar-13 22:38:45

My dh came home from school today saying it has been suggested they dress up for world book day this year.

I think his response was something like, if you think I'm teaching year 13 engineering dressed as Harry Potter you can sod off.

Really how many secondary schools partake in this??? grin

Bogeyface Mon 04-Mar-13 22:45:50

I can sympathise, ours is "Woodland Creatures" FFS hmm

I thought book day was bad enough when we had the whole literary world to choose from, but Woodland fucking creatures? Cue an entire school of rabbits, a few moles and one beautifully crafted owl or suchlike (Alpha Mummy always makes more effort than the rest of us, although I pissed her off last year when DD as Titania beat her PFB as WIlly Wonka complete with stuffed Oohmpa Lumpa grin )

Cezella Mon 04-Mar-13 22:46:13

Wikipedia- list of fictional badgers- just hahahahahahahahaha! I'm crying laughing here. I wonder if there's a list of fictional types of every animal!

Thewhingingdefective Mon 04-Mar-13 22:58:35

World Badger Day.

malteserzz Mon 04-Mar-13 23:00:16

I'm trying not to laugh and wake dh who is asleep next to me !
A badger ??!

idiuntno57 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:01:16

can't stop laughing at the TBA gag

idiuntno57 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:01:39

bloody phone TB

Stixswhichtwizzle Mon 04-Mar-13 23:33:25

Not this teacher's revenge. I hate Book Day mainly because I have to dress up too and spend my morning making sure weapons (wands, light sabres, swords etc) don't get taken out and wielded during break!

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 23:46:18

black clothes and badger mask. job done.

world book day for teachers is no fun. {grumpy sod}

seaofyou Mon 04-Mar-13 23:54:41

grin @ Wolfiefans idea

I school did dressing up for world book day one year.

All the girls came as Disney princesses and all the boys were superheroes

They haven't bothered since grin

I'm laughing so hard at TB that dp is giving ne the 'MN again hmm' look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now