to think Prometheus was a rubbish film?

(88 Posts)
Jux Thu 21-Feb-13 23:23:13

The first tiny bit where the Earth is seeded with DNA was the best bit, and perhaps, the last few seconds, where the Alien of good films is born, was OK. Everything in between was crap.

So glad I only paid a couple of quid to borrow the DVD, instead of paying through the nose for the cinema as dh and I had intended to do.

Ridley Scot, you should be ashamed. ASHAMED. I am very cross with you, and I shall think twice before I bother with another film from you.

YANBU snore

Jux Fri 22-Feb-13 13:19:14

How can someone playing an android give a great performance? They have no emotions. IMO, Data in Star Trek did better.

forgetmenots Fri 22-Feb-13 14:22:41

Ah now YABU - very difficult to play without emotion (pretending to be an android, pretending to be a human, I mean).

Anyway. YANBU for hating it, it's your opinion, would really hope threads like this may draw more attention to the sadly underused movie reviews threads smile (not that I'm expecting to get to the cinema much soon...!)

Jux Fri 22-Feb-13 16:35:04

I don't know, forgetmenots, being wooden seems to be fairly easy for a lot of actors......

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 22-Feb-13 16:39:14

I don't know, forgetmenots, being wooden seems to be fairly easy for a lot of actors......

ahem....Kristen Stewart

MrsBethel Fri 22-Feb-13 17:05:15
babyfirefly1980 Fri 22-Feb-13 21:34:32

YANBU...hyped to death but in reality was crap. Bored me.

forgetmenots Fri 22-Feb-13 21:35:09

Second that, gregbishops. Can't stand her.

gordyslovesheep Fri 22-Feb-13 21:36:23

it was dull - I saw it at the pictures <roll eyes>

but today I attempted to watch something called Battleship - OMG it made Prometheus seem like a work of genius - it was awful - I managed just over an hour before giving up

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 22-Feb-13 22:00:09

Forget She has that seem annoying look in every bloody film, and why does she always seem like she needs a bath.

MoreBeta Fri 22-Feb-13 22:06:12

gordy - my DSs dragged me to Battleship. If they hadn't have been there I would have walked out.

I gave my DSs a long talk about US propoganda films afterwards.

echt Fri 22-Feb-13 22:06:31

It's cack of the highest order.

There IS one good bit, though it's very slight. It's when Idris Elba calls up the 3-D schematic of the structure everyone's running around inside. He's doing an American accent up until the point when he says "Enlarge that" which is pure Luther, his real, East End accent.

Mimishimi Fri 22-Feb-13 22:13:31

My husband loved it and bought the movie online. I liked the first bit but thought the rest of it was completely boring and disappointing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now