to assert that decent people FOLD, and if you SCRUNCH you are a shit-fingered mingstinger?

(123 Posts)
Greensleeves Thu 21-Feb-13 19:22:21

Seriously. Don't scrunch. Eeuw.

NippyDrips Thu 21-Feb-13 19:47:15

People scrunch? Like how exactly? I have not seen this advert.

bedmonster Thu 21-Feb-13 19:51:51

Drama grin

The danger with scrunching is that I would imagine you can't feel it properly in your hand and so wiping would be hazardous.

I have checked with DP, he is a folder. And therefore, is not a shit-fingered mingstinger grin

I don't get the scrunching thing here either.

DH is a folder too & thinks they've made scrunching up

gordyslovesheep Thu 21-Feb-13 20:13:30

how CAN you scrunch HOW? surely everyone folds

MyCannyBairn Thu 21-Feb-13 20:21:23

Fold. At perforations.

austenozzy Thu 21-Feb-13 20:23:47

Me too, MyCannyBairn!

I scrunch. I haven't got time to pretty up the paper I'm using to wipe my arse with!

cocolepew Thu 21-Feb-13 20:27:53

I scrunch, folding is just weird hmm

countrykitten Thu 21-Feb-13 20:29:23

SCRUNCH?? shock

BrawToken Thu 21-Feb-13 20:33:08

WTF people scrunch?

Mumcentreplus Thu 21-Feb-13 20:39:25

scrunch?..good luck with that..so many variables...no fold control..possible finger soil...hell no!..

However you do it you are still shit fingered. Poo germs can get though 9 layers of loo roll.

HollaAtMeBaby Thu 21-Feb-13 20:41:23

YABU for getting sucked in by a stupid ad campaign. Andrex's marketing went to hell when they replaced the real puppies with CGI ones.

LauraPashley Thu 21-Feb-13 20:41:31

Scrunching makes it thicker!

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 21-Feb-13 21:09:37

Haha at mingstinger- I didn't read it as minge-stinger but Ming-stinger... Kind of makes more sense now!

HOWEVER... scrunching has been fine for me. I don't have time to neatly fold my arse paper grin

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 21-Feb-13 21:12:00

I find you get a better grip on scrunched paper than folded, and you'd have to fold a fair few sheets in order for wee not to soak through to your fingers, no?

Allthingspretty Thu 21-Feb-13 21:12:20

I hate this ad campaign. I wipe my arse. Not sure if i am a scruncher or folder. I suppose if i am notin a hurry imaybe fold...

Iamsparklyknickers Thu 21-Feb-13 21:14:45

I read a looong thread on another forum once with people arguing over people who stood to wipe and those who remained seated. I think the seated won out on the basis standing is going to squish any potential shite remnants between your cheeks like a child's butterfly painting.

I think my point is if you're a standing scruncher, you probably have a skid wash as well as your whites wink

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 21-Feb-13 21:15:11

I truly had not imagined that people scrunched, until I saw that advert. Then asked around. And they do.

Agree that you risk bursting though thin bits if you scrunch. And surely, you might get poked by a pointy corner, exactly where you'd rather not.

I must say, this knew understanding of the scruncherati has not made me either want to buy more loo roll, or switch to Andrex. It just makes me understand now why communal peanuts are so contaminated. And forswear to avoid them.

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 21-Feb-13 21:15:23

knew new

willesden Thu 21-Feb-13 21:19:12

Scrunching only really works with cheap thin toilet paper.

RiffyWammal Thu 21-Feb-13 21:30:35

I couldn't believe that peopled scrunched either! They must have permanently pooey fingernails.

Personally I use a cotton bud, an electric toothbrush and a Waterpik, followed by a final polish with a microfibre cloth.

i fold (and it HAS to be along the perforations!). my dh scrunches weirdo

matches our personalities perfectly i think especially as im ocd grin

VivaLeBeaver Thu 21-Feb-13 21:40:51

I'm a folder but dd informs me she's a scruncher.

I don't know where she gets it from and am now fretting I've brought her up wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now