to say that you DON'T need to mark your place on a thread in order to read the deletion message

(65 Posts)
GetOrf Sat 16-Feb-13 18:32:00

You can still view the deletion message if you try and visit the thread from your phone or browser history.

Then there is no need to fill up a stirry gossippy bitchy thrilling thread with christ knows how many 'marking place's and '.'

grin

Tee2072 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:51:13

Adversecamber Sat 16-Feb-13 19:51:36

So what was the deletion message, anything good?

RustyBear Sat 16-Feb-13 19:55:12

Watched threads doesn't work Belinda...

nickelbabe Sat 16-Feb-13 19:58:48

it was good. it's in site stuff.

sorry getorf.
I can't check my emails but they probably said "don't be such a tattle tale, we're not deleting it for that"

GetOrf Sat 16-Feb-13 19:59:58

Lol at sad fuckers, esp getorf grin

BelindaCarlisle Sat 16-Feb-13 20:00:15

it does weirdo grin

I was about to say YANBU - and then my Threads I'm Watching went completely kaput confused

I still think people should pretend to have something to contribute to a thread though, [ . ] is the rudest thing on earth. Well maybe not quite that bad

What was the deleted message by the way? wink

GetOrf Sat 16-Feb-13 20:01:13

They'll probably delete it nickel.

Then you will be greyed out on my spreadsheet grin

GetOrf Sat 16-Feb-13 20:03:07

The deletion message wasn't the best.

Poor mnhq have created a rod for their own back with the whole deletion message thing.

I long for a message which says 'deleted for...oh just all of you go FUCK yourselves'

BelindaCarlisle Sat 16-Feb-13 20:03:36

the deleted message was a home video of Justine running around with her top over her head saying

" they are all such sad fucking bitches, I am going to sell the site to Yahoo".

And Carrie filing her nails in the background.

BelindaCarlisle Sat 16-Feb-13 20:04:03

and that is an Official Rumour.
Oh yes
VERY likely.

Gutted I didn't [ . ] it then now, Belinda grin

Actually I think Justine quite likes us fucking bitches, it's the rest of MNHQ who despair.

"It's alright for you Justine, we only have to drag you in when they're actually storming the barricades of MNHQ, we have to deal with this crazy shit EVERY BLOODY DAY..."

nickelbabe Sat 16-Feb-13 20:16:05

you know we're all adults and it's Saturday night but we're all sitting around like schoolgirls trying to see who can break teacher first.
grin

sittinginthesun Sat 16-Feb-13 20:19:05

I'm so upset about this. I spend hours on here, and have NEVER seen a deletion message. hmm

nickelbabe Sat 16-Feb-13 20:59:09
sittinginthesun Sat 16-Feb-13 21:05:06

Ah, thank you Nickle! Now, just need a nudge when there's one brewing. smile

Sorry, after a spot too much wine I am confused - is, or isn't, it possible to get the deletion messages from the "I'm Watching" list?

Not sure why I'm asking mind you, any deleted threads I'm on only ever have the "...for breaking Talk Guidlines" explanation sad

Maryz Mon 18-Feb-13 15:25:14

You can't see them from TIW - I asked for that.

And you can only see them if they are deleted if you have bookmarked them in some way - so if you are an old gimmer and using Classic, you can only see them if you have posted on them.

I might have pointed out once or twice that it's a bit silly hmm

nickelbabe Mon 18-Feb-13 15:29:18

it's not silly.

I think you have to mark your place (well, unless miss snitches complain about that too)

It's a MN thing.

Maryz Mon 18-Feb-13 15:30:55

Could I point out, though, while I'm here, that you have to actually type something to mark your place.

Typing . is just rood shock

nickelbabe Mon 18-Feb-13 15:34:23

yyy - absolutely.

even grabbing popcorn and a hard hat is less rude than

Ahem Maryz, I think you'll find I already complained about the roodity of the .

You are welcome to second it however grin

SoleSource Mon 18-Feb-13 18:45:13

Xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now