To think cadburys chocolate has changed

(160 Posts)

And those egg & spoon things taste nothing like cadburysconfused

Badtempered

What do you mean it was contaminated with faces?

UKSky Wed 13-Feb-13 22:14:43

Cadburys were bought out by Kraft a couple of years ago. The actual ingredients may not have changed but the ratio probably has.

Some manufacturers add more palm oil, sugar or soya milk, depending on which is the cheapest to keep costs down.

SamuelWestsMistress Wed 13-Feb-13 22:26:01

They probably have horse in them.

mumzy Wed 13-Feb-13 22:27:22

Cadburys tastes less chocolatey and very sweet now and the mouth feel is odd very soft and oily. I've stopped buying it .

MsVelvet Wed 13-Feb-13 23:47:04

i think cadburys is made with soya milk now, i had a bar not long ago and could only eat a couple of bits it was horrible

I'm sure she meant contaminated with shit.

SingingSands Thu 14-Feb-13 00:00:43

Faces? Faeces? confused

I thought it was just me who had gone off Cadburys. I had an opened bag of Wispa bites in the cupboard that I ended up binning because they didn't taste right.

I know it's silly to get upset about but I am really annoyed. Bloody Americans messing with our chocolate.

Jojobump1986 Thu 14-Feb-13 00:10:51

Creme eggs are still yummy! I've always been a Cadbury girl but I've not had any non-creme egg chocolate for a while. I'm not sure I'll even bother buying any now if I'm just going to have to throw it away. I refuse to eat wrong chocolate! Why are they stealing one of life's little pleasures? sad I bet it's some kind of mind control thing. They're trying to wear us down so we'll be easier to control... <dons tin-foil hat> The Americans are out to get us! wink

akaemmafrost Thu 14-Feb-13 00:48:54

It HAS changed and I posted on their FB wall to tell them to stop messing about with it. They denied it of course Billy Bullshitters angry

quoteunquote Thu 14-Feb-13 02:19:56

Don't buy chocolate with palm oil in it, as the rain forests are being cut down to grow it, Nestle are the worst,

and yes they have changed the recipe.

I stick to fair trade organic, always on offer somewhere.

Bearandcub Thu 14-Feb-13 02:41:14

QueenMaeve, I lOve the idea of secret ingredient protest, perhaps it's their unhappiness that has changed it.

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Thu 14-Feb-13 02:46:32

My guess is that it's all about the manufacture not the recipe. Choc is milled in big rollers to stop it being gritty. Most choc has been milled to about 14 microns thickness. Lindt mill to about 12. Much finer than 12 and it tastes like wax, too smooth so cloying and a bit fake.

The cadburys we used to know and love was, by chocolate standards (and for technical purists) very coarse, being only milled to about 24 microns. I reckon experts from kraft have come in and in the genuine belief they are improving the quality, started milling cadbury more finely. To our expectations, having been reared on cadburys being quite coarse it tastes WRONG, ALL WRONG

I think they moved factory abroad so it may be related to that.

I'm sure in blind tests they researched and it said the mouthfeel was better or something. Hopefully now they are back pedalling and will take things back to when they were great..

VivaLeBeaver Thu 14-Feb-13 06:35:56

I suspect the recipe might not have changed but that the ingredients have. So they've swapped one form of oil for a cheaper one or similar.

badtemperedaldbitch Sat 16-Feb-13 18:36:14

Hey why was i deleted?

Why did noone front mnhq tell me?

Look up the recalls in wikipedia....

badtemperedaldbitch Sat 16-Feb-13 19:19:23

Oh I see mn has a relationship with cadbury

Freedom of speech discussion
anyone?

Charliefox Sat 16-Feb-13 19:43:56

Production is still in the uk but yes, as a lifelong chocaholic, I detected a change about 6 ish months ago. Definitely not as nice as it once was. Good news for me, as my out of control consumption has gone down but cadburies profits must have dropped off a cliff!

Cadburys is vile stuff. Green&Blacks all the way, their ice cream is delicious too

Lilymaid Sat 16-Feb-13 19:55:50

I bought some Cadbury's bars this week and noticed that the surface of the chocolate seemed shiner than it used to - and of course, the shape of each square is changed (for the worse) now. And what is all this Joyville rubbish - seems American to me.

Wereonourway Sat 16-Feb-13 20:06:06

I thought this about a dairy milk last week, it tasted nuttier.
I don't like nuts!

aamia Sat 16-Feb-13 20:06:26

Vile now. My new favourite is the Ikea chocolate - mmmmmm!

ipadquietly Sat 16-Feb-13 20:32:42

Cadbury's chocolate drink definitely changed since Kraft took over. It seemed to be more aerated and mixes differently with water. Anyone else noticed that?

Tabliope Sat 16-Feb-13 21:22:41

I agree it's changed. I think ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay might be right - it's smoother and it therefore tastes more cloying. It seems sweeter too to me. Wish they hadn't messed with it.

Dfg15 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:29:12

just had a Cadbury's Bubbly, tasted lovely. Just the same as ever.

Dfg15 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:29:27

just had a Cadbury's Bubbly, tasted lovely. Just the same as ever.

Dfg15 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:30:17

I did actually have two - but didn't mean to confess and post it twice!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now