Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wonder WTF would it take for people stop eating "meat"

(758 Posts)
ElenorRigby Wed 13-Feb-13 18:33:00

Just that really!

ifancyashandy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:34:40

Nothing. I like it and it tastes nice.

ifancyashandy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:35:13

Ps. And I am talking about meat. Not sure what "meat" is.

ClippedPhoenix Wed 13-Feb-13 18:35:14

Why should people stop eating meat? What a stupid thing to post.

If you want to be a veggie then that's your perrogative, the same as it's mine to eat meat.

MrsKeithRichards Wed 13-Feb-13 18:35:49

What's 'meat'?

ElenorRigby Wed 13-Feb-13 18:36:28

Special meat lovely

Still none the wiser... confused

ifancyashandy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:37:16

Still none the wiser as to what "meat" is.

I will never stop eating meat. I dont think society will ever stop either.

If you want to be vegetarian then thats great for you. But I dont go around asking vegetarians when they will start eating meat so I think YABVVU to even say this.

ElenorRigby Wed 13-Feb-13 18:37:39

me neither

ifancyashandy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:37:41

Ha! Cross posts. Clearly we are all confused

ThonHoor Wed 13-Feb-13 18:37:41

There is no force powerful enough on this earth to stop me eating steak. And bacon.

FlouncingMintyy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:38:20

I eat meat but not processed "value" meat, so I feel pretty sanguine about it all. I have always said that I would rather be vegetarian or pescatarian than eat non-free range or organic meat and chicken.

aurynne Wed 13-Feb-13 18:38:45

Yes, because nothing has ever happened to people for eating vegetables...

http://seekerblog.com/2012/08/28/dangers-of-organic-produce-the-german-beansprouts-kill-at-least-48-in-2011/

(and organic, to say more...)

bruxeur Wed 13-Feb-13 18:38:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Posterofapombear Wed 13-Feb-13 18:39:40

At least it's possible to identify which 'meat' it is albeit not the one it claims to be.

God only knows what they've been putting in your veggie burgers!

Umm... We are supposed to be omnivores, you can't fight nature! ( or the smell of bacon!) as others have said, would a veggie stop being a veggie? smile

Oh is that what the OP's on about? Cheap meat? Why not just say so?

SallyCinnamonandNutmeg Wed 13-Feb-13 18:40:35

I assume OP is referring to stories about illegal horsemeat contamination, tiny traces of pork found in beef meatballs etc etc when she says "meat"... However I probably won't stop eating meat, just be more aware.

ElenorRigby Wed 13-Feb-13 18:41:17

omg wannabe
"I will never stop eating meat." Why?

SallyCinnamonandNutmeg Wed 13-Feb-13 18:41:32

Lots of cross posts!

SolomanDaisy Wed 13-Feb-13 18:41:53

It's pretty bloody obvious what 'meat' is, if you follow any news.

How is it a stupid thing to ask? Just rudeness at someone wondering a perfectly reasonable thing. BSE didn't put people off. Widespread use of MRM didn't put people off. Horse meat hasn't put people off. I wonder if there is anything that would put people off? It really seems not. A perfectly reasonable question.

Didn't they find meat in Linda Macartney's veggie sausages? (Few years ago now)

grovel Wed 13-Feb-13 18:42:23

If we didn't eat meat we'd have to bury cows and sheep when they die. Not enough room in our graveyards. Better just to eat them IMO.

grin

omg because I like it.

I dont buy low quality processed crap. So I see no issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now