Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wish I was as "fat" as Kelly Brook?

(64 Posts)
SamuelWestsMistress Tue 12-Feb-13 17:17:47

Been reading a few comments on the Internet about her enormous size. Even pea brained, football titted, orange, freakoid Jordan, called her a heifer.

I think she's absolutely stunning! She's always had an incredible shape.

Here is a link to the DM for anyone who can be arsed with such woman hating bollocks. How do they know she's put on 10lbs? Have they hacked her scales?

AIBU to be just so fed up with the media's obsession over weight?

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2277470/Kelly-Brook-gains-10lbs-comfort-eats-split-rugby-player-beau-Thom-Evans.html#axzz2KRFhHW1r

flippinada Tue 12-Feb-13 21:53:16

I don't read the DM on principle but I can imagine (deliberately unflattering shot, spiteful passive aggressive commentary about weight gain, digs about relationship status, off the scale horrible remarks in the comments section etc).

Kelly Brook looks fine. She's a great looking woman and no two ways about it. Perhaps she's put a bit of weight on. So what?

fridgepants Tue 12-Feb-13 21:49:24

EMDB - I would have been tempted to tell the assistant that she was being a cunt, and take my business elsewhere. What a ladyprick.

fridgepants Tue 12-Feb-13 21:48:27

I really don't understand why people care about whether others are fat or thin. Who gives a shit if someone's eaten a few extra pies, or is looking a bit wee? We're not their doctors.

Midori1999 Tue 12-Feb-13 21:36:00

Kelly Brooke is stunning and her figure is amazing. The photographer just caught her in an unflattering pose, as can be seen by the other photo linked or taken the same day it's same bikini, just standing up. They are vile and pathetic to try and get an article out of a bad photo.

Hopefully Kelly can just laugh this off.

I too would love to be as 'fat' as her.

EarlyMorningBaconDemon Tue 12-Feb-13 21:34:59

Bone structure plays a MAHOOSIVE part in any kind of size.

My absolutely beautiful best friend is getting married this year and had a complete mental breakdown at one point. She has lost around three stone and looks fucking brilliant for it, but because of her hips and the style of dres she wants she's had to go for a 16. She's very "wide" if you see what I mean.

Well, the snobby fucking bitch of a TWIG behind the counter gave her a simpering smile and told her that it's a shame, but "not everyone can be beautiful on their big day", and that she's sure "he won't mind what size you are luvvie!"

I nearly smacked her, she's got such issues with her weight and this just seriously affected her. She stopped eating at one point!

But YANBU - I think people should SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT SIZES. Especially THE DAILY FUCKING HEIL!

Adversecamber Tue 12-Feb-13 21:14:36

She is very attractive, I would not class her as fat but as she is an underwear model and subject to scrutiny it is obvious she has put on some weight.

Remotecontrolduck Tue 12-Feb-13 19:50:10

My DD is a size 6. In that position on a sunlounger, she has a couple of little rolls too. Unless you spend a ridiculous amount of time in the gym getting rock hard abs, everyone has rolls sat like that!!

Look at her in the other pics standing up, she looks great. What a ludicrous article.

bedmonster Tue 12-Feb-13 19:07:40

Well when I sit down I get rolls. More than that. Im a size 14 and about 13 stone, 5'8. I still look okay with clothes on. She still looks fantastic in a bikini, rolls or not.
Is she supposed to be trendily starving herself post break up or something?

SaladIsMyFriend Tue 12-Feb-13 19:03:16

YANBU she is beautiful.

Theicingontop Tue 12-Feb-13 19:01:11

Yes, I think I need to be as fat as Kelly Brook too. Sign me up for her diet.

Samu2 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:59:02

I think the first picture is just unflattering. She has a beautiful figure but she is sitting down and the angle the photographer used is enough to make a stick incest look heavier.

I am not overweight but after having five children my stomach looks a mess when I sit up sigh

noddyholder Tue 12-Feb-13 18:55:01

She is average looking which is healthy to see in the media but she looks better slimmer which most busty people do. I have big boobs and can look heavy if I gain even a pound or 2. When I was her age before having kids I would have been unhappy being that size which I suppose proves the point that we all have a skewed image of what is slim.

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 12-Feb-13 18:53:43

Omg! I wish I was that fat! She is leaning forward so her tummy is sort of bunching up. Mine does that without any help.

She's a size 10-12 ffs

Btw, just for reference, this picture is Kelly Brook from the same day as that first photo. Just in a different pose.

Overweight my arse.

SoleSource Tue 12-Feb-13 18:46:53

I have just read the article. Makes me feel fucking sick. You look gorgeous Kelly smile

SoleSource Tue 12-Feb-13 18:43:55

I wish I was smaller.than Dawn French sad

If Kelly Brook is fat then I am a brain surgeon.

Haven't they just. sad It's especially apparent when you look at really famous MM photoshoots like this one. These are images that were seen as beautiful and sexy at the time, now she'd be slagged off for being podgy sad

Porkster Tue 12-Feb-13 18:37:08

Wowzer, re MM. How our ideals have completely changed in a few decades.

Can you imagine the venomous spite that places like the DM would aim at this picture if it was released now?

Purple2012 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:28:07

That first one doesn't loom great but she is still in no way fat. Even in the sun lounged picture you can see it's just the way she is sat. Most people, even someone tiny could look like they have a roll in certain positions.

sassytheFIRST Tue 12-Feb-13 18:26:59

She and I share the same body shape. I'd guess she weighs about a stone less than me in those pics - I'm just over 11st at 5ft7 - within healthy range. Stats are 40-29-39 (32j boobs).

She has been slimmer and a person who makes a living from bikini modelling has to expect comment. But she is a healthy weight and has a woman's figure, not that of a little girl like so many women in the public eye.

She's gorgeous! Actually looks better bigger, she wears it well, and the retro style she wears makes the most of it!

Merl0t Tue 12-Feb-13 18:23:58

haven't seen a recent pic has she put on weight?

Merl0t Tue 12-Feb-13 18:23:24

Me too! I work out about 4 times a week, I walk everywhere, I'm careful what i eat, hardly drink and yet i'm still bigger than she is. although to be fair, my boobs are a lot smaller :-/ so well done me!

manicinsomniac Tue 12-Feb-13 18:21:12

She's not fat but she's a lot fatter than I could cope with being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now