To have now decided I HATE Gino D'Acampo for this!!

(70 Posts)
Dryjuice25 Fri 08-Feb-13 19:16:26

Apparently he said on telly "Tense meat is tough meat....that's why you should be nice to your wife before bed because you want her all nice and soft..." or something similar. WTAF!! And on a family show like this morning!! I did like the bloke before but now I have decided to hate him. That is just vile isn't it?

I don't mind drunken blokes saying this to each other at the pub. But to me, this, on telly, is rather grossly inappropriate, very offensive and outrighly vile.It conjures some really unpleasant images. I hate it. AIBU?

He says stuff like that all the time. I can't get that upset about it and think its quite funny.

hmm

<nutter>

Well actually, men should be nice to their wives.

Not sure they should need to be told that but really, I cant be offended at Gino.

CloudsAndTrees Fri 08-Feb-13 19:22:52

It's not nice, but deciding to hate for it?

You are over reacting.

Bobyan Fri 08-Feb-13 19:25:10

I have more of an issue with the fact that he's a convicted burglar, than the crap that sprouts from his gob TBH...

Dryjuice25 Fri 08-Feb-13 19:46:25

Bobyan, now there is another reason to deslike him.

My issue is: Who cooks tough meat/steak and instantly thinks of a frigid wife. I struggle to reconcile the two. The other one is meat and the other one is what??!!!

Missymoo, I can't see the funny side, I wish I could laugh it off lol

Eebahgum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:15:17

YABVU. Gino di campo is amazing. He does come out with some dubious interesting comments on morning tv though. A recent favourite of mine was "ladies, real men like meat. Only dogs like to chew on bones." X

FutTheShuckUp Fri 08-Feb-13 21:17:47

Ditto Bobyan- no idea why he's so liked tbh

PlinkyLove Fri 08-Feb-13 21:28:21

Gino di Campo is well twattish and often talks about twatting his wife which is well exploitative. He is a well known twat who is inexplicably popular on the old Mumsnet and I myself have come under fire for pointing out his extreme twattishness . he is small and annoying as well as being a professional twat and rubbish at the old cooking business. I happen to know, he has an exeptionally small dick and dosen't have a clue what to do with it however patient and encouraging you could possibly be with him. Tense meat, I'm sad to report, he is .

flaggybannel Fri 08-Feb-13 21:29:20

convicted burglar? Is he really? I never knew that!
Everydays a school day!

willesden Fri 08-Feb-13 21:30:55

That's what happens when you watch the bilge that is This Morning. Plenty of other channels to watch, if morning tv is your thing.

FutTheShuckUp Fri 08-Feb-13 21:32:28

Plinky- I just lol'ed in real life

PlinkyLove Fri 08-Feb-13 21:40:21

Thank you Fut. He's a bitch isn't he?

Sparklingbrook Fri 08-Feb-13 21:42:29

I don't like him. he gives me the creeps, and his accent sounds fake. grin

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Fri 08-Feb-13 21:45:23

He's really from Swindon and can only cook pot noodles.

PlinkyLove Fri 08-Feb-13 21:46:02

ya da ya da ya da. I could be a fake Italian too!

I find him really sleazy. Every time I see him on anything he's making 'jokes' like that. If it was a one off it wouldn't bother me but it's constant, just seems desperate and odd.

wannaBe Fri 08-Feb-13 21:47:21

who cares if he's a convicted burglar. Presumably he has now served his sentence for said burglary? As long as it wasn't murder/rape/child abuse I don't see what the big deal is. Some people commit crime. They serve sentences for said crimes and then go on to lead full and honest lives and contribute to society. Or should everyone's past be held against them - for ever? hmm

As for other comments, I can't get worked up about them realllly. Clearly he makes them for effect - and clearly people with nothing better to worry about get over excited about them. get a grip.

Sparklingbrook Fri 08-Feb-13 21:49:12

He likes to 'accidentally' mispronounce words so they sound a bit smutty. hmm

I agree with Pelvic.

The only thing worse than GDC is him together with Mel 'Giddyknickers' Sykes. angry

CauDyGeg Fri 08-Feb-13 21:52:35

He makes me laugh blush

landofsoapandglory Fri 08-Feb-13 21:54:37

It wasn't quite like that. It was said banter between him, Phillip and Holly. It certainly wasn't one sentence, one or the other of them spoke in between too, IIRC. It made me laugh at the time, I know that much.

I think you are over reacting, especially as this happened days, if not at least a week ago and from your OP it sounds like you didn't even hear it!

PlinkyLove Fri 08-Feb-13 21:55:28

WannaBe, have you ever been burgled by some low life? Its not great. Also he is a bit of an idiot and rich for playing an Italian Chef of some import. He is probably a twat on many levels. Also quite an ommetto.

RobinSparkles Fri 08-Feb-13 21:56:15

YABU for saying that This Morning is a "Family Show". When the hell was it ever a family show? hmm

I know it's on in the mornings but they talk about lots of stuff that children shouldn't hear.

Sparklingbrook Fri 08-Feb-13 21:56:33

WTF is 'tense meat' anyway? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now