Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to agree that wanking should be available on prescription?

(85 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Wed 06-Feb-13 11:24:47

except for feeling a bit shuddery at the concept of an NHS vibrator, maybe we could have shiny privately financed ones?

the idea whose time has come again, at last!

Mitchy1nge Sun 10-Feb-13 20:35:03

how do you know they find the idea distasteful if you haven't discussed it with them? hmm

Fallenangle Sun 10-Feb-13 14:16:00

Canard So many people insist on 'getting a man in' for the simplest DIY job!

I'll get my coat, again.

canardtheduck Sun 10-Feb-13 13:54:13

i have explored the topic of masturbation with female patients who have broached the topic first, but have not self-initiated this discussion. one barrier to asking about masturbation is for some women, for varying reasons they find the very idea distasteful.

Mitchy1nge Sun 10-Feb-13 12:02:35

have you ever asked a female patient about her masturbatory habits?

canardtheduck Sat 09-Feb-13 18:42:52

no white coat here, i'm afraid. i do have a question though: when, if ever, would it be appropriate for a male doctor to discuss masturbation with female patients? would it be possible to have such a conversation without in being awkward for both parties?

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 21:08:29

oh please come back and teach me how to pleasure myself

have you even got a white coat?

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 20:37:23

obviously said that in a nice friendly jokey way

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 17:03:35

Lucky no one really cares what you want then, isn't it?

canardtheduck Fri 08-Feb-13 15:31:13

im so pleased to see so much interest in my article about prescribing masturbation. I do think there is a role in educating women about masturbation as part of comprehensive sexual wellbeing, and think the gender disparity means masturbation is a feminist issue. after all, the idea that woman may be capable of satisfying their sexual desires without men is offensive to male sensibilities. that said, maybe mitchy is right and i want to promote masturbation so that women will be too busy pleasuring themselves to continue in more radical quests for true gender equality? wink

Fallenangle Fri 08-Feb-13 11:42:28

I have never regarded orgasm as a workplace issue, for men or women. To paraphrase your author. I wank therefore I am is just nonsense.

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 11:36:56

grin

It's true though isn't it, how are we to wank/frig/strum our way to equal representation in parliament, industry etc?

Fallenangle Fri 08-Feb-13 11:24:48

Oh mitchy I love it when you talk dirty.

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 10:45:37

that's reassuring shaky!

Back to wanking as a feminist issue I'm worried the author conspires to keep us all occupied and distracted from fighting for real equality:

"Masturbation then, is not just a tool for sexual wellbeing, but an expression of autonomy and liberation and a challenge to the persisting attitudes that, like female orgasms, women are not only incidental but irrelevant."

Shaky Thu 07-Feb-13 23:25:50

Definitely typo, sorry blush

Absolutely dp NOT ds blush blush blush

shock

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 23:09:51

Exex power tools for girls!

exexpat Thu 07-Feb-13 22:56:27

Returning to the thread title, I have heard of these occasionally being prescribed on the NHS for muscle problems and backache etc. but some people find they have other benefits...

<predicts rush of MNers to doctors complaining of sore muscles>

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 22:54:59

The 5 a day theme keeps recurring. I am wondering if its possible.

Mia4 Thu 07-Feb-13 22:51:57

Lol, here's hope so-multiple times!

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 22:48:29

You have your fantasy, I'll have mine (I like to receive the orders, usuallygrin). The outcome will be the same!

Mia4 Thu 07-Feb-13 22:45:23

Only if the gorgeous young man slides of the coat and lets his tongue take the place of my fingers smile I like to give the orders.

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 22:43:48

But Mia it is so much more fun when a gorgeous young man in a white coat tells you that you must do it.

Mia4 Thu 07-Feb-13 22:34:46

Who needs a prescription, I happily use my hands. And it's one of my 5 a day.

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 22:01:04

Unfortunately sex and power are often interlinked which is probably why men's desires dominate. Sex and power can be a great game if you know how to play it, but too often neither party realises they are even playing. We still suffer from the remnants of the victorian attitude that sex is for men, women a necessary inconvenience.

PariahHairy Thu 07-Feb-13 21:44:25

This is a funny thread, but semi-seriously (fnar) I have actually seen women on this website who have never had an orgasm, or even considered achieving it by themselves, never looked at their genitals, or explored etc.

I do find that quite sad really, I hate this idea that sex is all about men and what they want. Teenage girls are just as horny/hormonal as boys mostly, it's just never discussed or normalised.

I remember reading an article on cracked about alternative sexual cultures, it could have been bollocks, btw. It was about people who ate a certain fruit which subdued fertility, like a natural contraceptive.

In this place people just shagged all the time, when they were bored, with anyone who was around, from younger than us etc, sex was just a thing you did which was nice, no moral values placed on it. Makes you think.

Something very indicative of this is the amount of "My 2yo daughter is playing with her bits/humping furniture" posts you get compared to the "My 2yo son is playing with his bits" posts.

I'd say it was about 10:1, says it all really.

Sorry for the essay blush.

Fallenangle Thu 07-Feb-13 21:26:43

shaky I think you may have mistyped, did you mean Ds or DP? I hope you meant DP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now