Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to agree that wanking should be available on prescription?

(85 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Wed 06-Feb-13 11:24:47

except for feeling a bit shuddery at the concept of an NHS vibrator, maybe we could have shiny privately financed ones?

the idea whose time has come again, at last!

Fallenangle Fri 08-Feb-13 11:42:28

I have never regarded orgasm as a workplace issue, for men or women. To paraphrase your author. I wank therefore I am is just nonsense.

canardtheduck Fri 08-Feb-13 15:31:13

im so pleased to see so much interest in my article about prescribing masturbation. I do think there is a role in educating women about masturbation as part of comprehensive sexual wellbeing, and think the gender disparity means masturbation is a feminist issue. after all, the idea that woman may be capable of satisfying their sexual desires without men is offensive to male sensibilities. that said, maybe mitchy is right and i want to promote masturbation so that women will be too busy pleasuring themselves to continue in more radical quests for true gender equality? wink

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 17:03:35

Lucky no one really cares what you want then, isn't it?

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 20:37:23

obviously said that in a nice friendly jokey way

Mitchy1nge Fri 08-Feb-13 21:08:29

oh please come back and teach me how to pleasure myself

have you even got a white coat?

canardtheduck Sat 09-Feb-13 18:42:52

no white coat here, i'm afraid. i do have a question though: when, if ever, would it be appropriate for a male doctor to discuss masturbation with female patients? would it be possible to have such a conversation without in being awkward for both parties?

Mitchy1nge Sun 10-Feb-13 12:02:35

have you ever asked a female patient about her masturbatory habits?

canardtheduck Sun 10-Feb-13 13:54:13

i have explored the topic of masturbation with female patients who have broached the topic first, but have not self-initiated this discussion. one barrier to asking about masturbation is for some women, for varying reasons they find the very idea distasteful.

Fallenangle Sun 10-Feb-13 14:16:00

Canard So many people insist on 'getting a man in' for the simplest DIY job!

I'll get my coat, again.

Mitchy1nge Sun 10-Feb-13 20:35:03

how do you know they find the idea distasteful if you haven't discussed it with them? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now