Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To feel a little hurt

(54 Posts)
Mrsblackcar Mon 04-Feb-13 14:24:31

I had joined a thread called BFP 2013 in conception, thinking it was a place to discuss the fact that unbelievlibly i had just got a BFP on our first go!

2 posts after mine, i am very politely told this is a place for long term ttc. just felt like i should have known this when nothing in the thread tittle eludes to this.

I did read the first page of posts, but not all 9 and tried to be unsmug ad sympatheitc to those with a BFN (probubly didn't work)

I have avoided even looking in posts like TTC 10 months + because they just didn't apply to me, but this one i thought was a place to celebrate, now just feel sad.

I was ready for TTC to take forever my Mum had to wait 8 years with me so i am stunned to have hit it first go and still very unsure of whetehre it will all work out.

RedRobin1 Tue 05-Feb-13 08:05:43

Congratulations mrsb no need to apologise - I don't think you had any bad intentions. Hope you have a lovely pregnancy smile

Matildaduck Tue 05-Feb-13 08:01:43

You shouls have read the posts OP really very poor show.

Now your starting an AIBU about the ladies you upset....idiot!

resipsa Tue 05-Feb-13 07:51:45

So excited to have my post quoted on AIBU. Could I ask for higher acclaim?
But seriously, Mrsb, forget all this nonsense and enjoy your pregnancy, you lucky thing grin

SunshineOutdoors Tue 05-Feb-13 07:45:58

Hi mrsb honestly don't worry about it. Now everyone's apologised and nobody meant to hurt anyone (I mean both you and people on the ttc thread). I'd just forget about it and enjoy your happy news smile

Don't be put off mumsnet, it's great for support.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Feb-13 07:43:16

Hi mrsB thanks for accepting our apology.

Congrats again. I remember my BFP when pregnant with dd, it's a great feeling. Hope you are still on cloud 9.

ledkr Tue 05-Feb-13 07:16:44

Start or join a ante natal club thread. We are still all "friends" two years later and it was a great help during my pg.

ThreeWheelsGood Tue 05-Feb-13 00:31:06

There is a pregnancy board for people who have conceived. I thought it went without saying that the conception board is for people ttc. But anyhoo...

Congratulations OP!

MrsBlackcar Mon 04-Feb-13 23:29:54

Hi <very sheepishly>

I apologise for any annoyance felt, should have read the posts (think as well I got confused here)

Shouldn't have started a post here - though that ideally didn't know till today.

I also apologise for my crassness towards the people in that thread most were very nice and all were polite. I will add I have also apologised there as caused some drama there.

So lesson learned and will try and be more sensitive in my excitement

<runs off to change nickname for a fresh start>

Londonmrss Mon 04-Feb-13 22:54:29

Ah you lot from the original thread seem like a nice lot. I'm a bit nosy so popped on your ttc thread to see what the fuss was about (how does it feel to be famous?) and frankly I would have been supremely pissed off with the announcement from the poster of this thread- I'm sure its not what you want to hear and you could have been a lot less polite. However this poster obviously didn't mean to be insensitive. Does seem a bit ott to respond with an aibu.

Ladies, I really hope you get what you want very soon and congratulations to the poster of this thread.

RedRobin1 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:49:31

Thanks everyone smile

twinklestar2 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:48:23

Thx all for your best wishes smile

ledkr Mon 04-Feb-13 22:17:03

Very lovely posts from the thread how nice of you all. I wish you all the best for successfully conceiving.

Icelollycraving Mon 04-Feb-13 21:58:13

The ladies who have come on from that thread to post have shown,I don't know,such respect & care that I hope you can move on from the shine being taken off your good news. Congratulations thanks

florry88 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:52:31

seems to me all concerned have explained they are happy, end of. why do others wade in with crass insensitivity?

OneHandFlapping Mon 04-Feb-13 21:48:02

Well I'm sorry you got a telling off on this thread as well as the other one.The other one is understandable, and some of the people have come on here and been very nice.

Other people just think they're the thread police.

RubyrooUK Mon 04-Feb-13 21:32:11

Sorry you felt hurt MrsB. But as you can see from the responses to this thread, nobody meant to hurt your feelings. Some people from the BFP 2013 thread have even come along to explain the reception you got.

If you post in pregnancy and so on, lots of people will be very excited for you. And the very very lovely thing about Mumsnet is that if you have any problems or worries in your pregnancy or future fertility problems, there is also lots of support here for you.

pigletmania Mon 04-Feb-13 21:22:46

Yes you all are lovely, miss the bus threads on conceiving section. I might see who's on the 2013 bus grin

Best of luck to you all, and to the OP smile

twinklestar2 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:46:33

We are all lovely really and have been supporting each other through a difficult year of TTC :D

Wow - Sunshine, twinkle, hopeful, redrobin, you ladies from the other thread (which I have not read) are a classy bunch. What lovely posts. I hope OP returns to read them. thanks

I thought they were very polite to you, especially given the sensitive circumstances. You're massively overreacting to be hurt. And if you're easily hurt then you're mad to post in AIBU!

I hope you can graciously accept the very generous apologies which have been posted on this thread by those on the TTC thread.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 04-Feb-13 20:40:29

you all sound lovely tbh, what nice messages to send to the OP on this thread

pigletmania Mon 04-Feb-13 20:37:24

I conceived straught away with dd but ds took a long time boys eh

pigletmania Mon 04-Feb-13 20:36:28

Where is op? I wouldn't worry you guys, you were polite and not rude at all. I think op must be a bit hormonal wink. I used to frequent those treads when trying to conceive a dc2 after several mc and a couple f years later we got there and have a one year od ds

RedRobin1 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:29:43

Mrsb I started that thread and didnt think of adding much in the title as I have lost all hope of conceiving anytime soon. Was too down and low to put much of a description in.

Most of us on that thread have been hand holding each other through ttc and have been through a lot of emotional upheaval for the past year.

Terribly sorry for my rude post on that thread but I have just started cycle 10 of ttc and when your post about falling pregnant in the first month of ttc came out of the blue I struggled to be happy for you. Congratulations on your bfp. You are one of the lucky few to conceive straight away and I am very envy hope you have a healthy 9 months. Sorry to have upset you to start another thread. Didn't mean to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now