To wonder what the fcuk is actually wrong with so many MIL's?

(79 Posts)
WaynettaSlobsLover Wed 16-Jan-13 23:10:57

Do they conveniently forget what it's like to have a baby and be a new mum? Why do so many make comments about weight? Why do they assume some wives and gf's can't cook or are lazy? Please God never let me become one of these people.

trofeewife Thu 17-Jan-13 09:55:39

it's 50-50
the bridezillas who have to have the perfect wedding day with everything their way (sod the groom) go on to be nightmare DIL's who put their own mother's first and have to have everything their way (sod the father)

BartletForTeamGB Thu 17-Jan-13 10:02:14

My MIL is great, does a bit of fretting and isn't great at cooking, but she is lovely. My mother however is entirely caught up in herself & the favourite daughter.

CatsRule Thu 17-Jan-13 10:16:20

In my sleep deprived haze I meant to say I only agree with your first sentence Hobbitation of "Fucked up mother-son relationships, that's what." My dh isn't golden boy and I am not going to bring my son up that way either. Dh and his mother do have a very fucked up relationship though...and aparently it's all my fault!

Andro Thu 17-Jan-13 10:33:05

I've got on really well with my MIL, a brief period of her being completely irrational not withstanding (that was a whole different thread though). I was ecstatic when we later found out her horrible, insulting comments, were the result of a bad reaction to some steroids prescribed by her doctor (they sent her grief and pain into overload and the results were not nice for anyone). She was mortified when her meds were changed and she went back to her normal personality.

She raised her children well and DH is a wonderful man who I am proud to call my husband, for that I will always respect her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now